IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For those interested, Amazon has a Lightning Deal on the Game Golf unit for the next 4 hours or so for $139, which is the lowest I've seen it since $119 on Christmas and Black Friday.

Here's the link to the above mentioned Game Golf lightning deal: link

Okay, okay. I can't take it anymore.  Done.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am joining the Game Golf ranks as well. I purchased a new one on eBay for $135.  Should have it next week sometime.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

• Administrator
Do none of you guys know the app is the same thing just for free works exactly the same way

We know. Except it doesn't work the same exact way. It requires use of your phone and even with an Android device that means carrying the phone around constantly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do none of you guys know the app is the same thing just for free works exactly the same way

There are many other club logging (besides GG) apps but they are much more labor intensive to track your clubs than the game golf unit.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I know about the app, and I'm thinking of just buying the tags to use with that app. One thing that has kept me hesitant is my phone is a bit bulky so keeping it in my pocket while golfing feels a bit weird. As it is, I've been using the phone to track and it works fine, better than other gps/scorecard apps I've used in the past.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I know about the app, and I'm thinking of just buying the tags to use with that app. One thing that has kept me hesitant is my phone is a bit bulky so keeping it in my pocket while golfing feels a bit weird. As it is, I've been using the phone to track and it works fine, better than other gps/scorecard apps I've used in the past.

What good are the tags without having the Game Golf unit?  Unless I'm missing something with the phone app and what it can do.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

• Administrator

What good are the tags without having the Game Golf unit?  Unless I'm missing something with the phone app and what it can do.

On Android you can use the NFC chip in the phone to use the tags by tapping the tag to the phone.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can you buy just the tags?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

On Android you can use the NFC chip in the phone to use the tags by tapping the tag to the phone.

Thanks! I will have to check that out if I happen to leave the GG unit home or the batteries are dead.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Took the plunge today.. Can't wait to get it all set up and finally start tracking my rounds properly..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

We know. Except it doesn't work the same exact way. It requires use of your phone and even with an Android device that means carrying the phone around constantly.

My iPhone works fine I tag my club by my ball then phone in the bag and walk to my ball and tag a new club easy as

Okay, okay. I can't take it anymore.  Done.

I was downloading a round yesterday and my boys asked what the unit was. I told them what it did and that "they got it for me for Father's Day." One of my boys said "we get you the coolest stuff." :whistle:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I tried this after reading your post but the app says NFC tag not recognized. Is there some trick to getting this to work. I already have a Game Golf unit and my tags are set-up.

Thanks

Merv

You guys are in trouble...I ripped an 829 yard 6I today playing some extreme golf.

Apparently the GPS had not quite dialed in yet when I started my round. :-P

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

You guys are in trouble...I ripped an 829 yard 6I today playing some extreme golf.

Apparently the GPS had not quite dialed in yet when I started my round.

Just imagine how far that would have gone if your Taylormade club had had a SpeedPocket

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 2195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!