IGNORED

TST Call to Action - Create a Golfer in 2014!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in.  I started a buddy of mine last year and pledge another for this upcoming season.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

I "StraightSlice" pledge to create a golfer.

For Level 2,

I introduced B. Williams to golf late last year. I gave him my beginner set of clubs and have taken him to the range about 5 times and encouraged him to swing by for 30 minutes or so after work 1-2 times a week.  We have played 4 rounds together.  He has the bug and help my addiction to golf get even.  I am still much better, although I haven't broken 100 yet, but we find ways to keep it competitive.

I also have my nephew coming along.  He's 18 and never played golf before.  He uses my clubs at the range.  2 visits in.  He will get my beginner set in another month or so when B. Williams has bought his 1st "mildly used" new set.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Excellent, thanks! I think I can handle that much.

And indeed I could! By the end of the range session, she was hitting PWs - not with a full swing - to about 65 yards -- not bad considering she's a bit shorter than I am, and was doing so by gripping down on my old PW (the one from my starter set). She also hit a few 7-irons to the 100 yard marker (both shots where I remember this happening were particularly good swings in context). I left her with the PW and 7-iron from my starter set. Once she's hooked and hitting decently, she'll probably get a set of irons or starter set or something.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

My wife drove a golf cart for the first time 2 weeks ago, we are about to start teaching her the game...I guess she is in!

Taylormade SLDR 10.5

Ping Anser 4-PW

Ping Anser 52,54,60

Ping G25 3 Wood 15

Ping I20 4 Hybrid

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

I pledge to create a golfer this season, my godson Ben.  I asked their parents to let me set him up with clubs.  I am excited about it.  Hopefully he will get his friends hooked.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Took my son out for his second round in a week. He's doing pretty well considering and I'm actually impressed with his determination. He's having fun after he gets over the fact that he's not going to hit the green with his first shot. That lasts about 3 holes before he finally calms down.

Great idea. I am grooming a young golfer as we speak. I am two seasons in with this young man,my son. Also taking my girlfriend under my wing and got her wanting to golf. She's scared of the course so I am finding ways to make her feel comfortable. She's starting to make good contact and thinking about buying her own set. I am excited for the future now that I am able to share my passion with others.

Somewhat unexpected bonus: took a (male this time) friend to the range. He's played before; in fact, it was on his Xbox (original, not 360) that I first "took up" golf by playing Tiger 2004. But he hasn't played... I might have signed up for this forum more recently than the last time, prior to today, that he swung a golf club. And I don't think he's played that many rounds in his life so far. Not sure if this counts or not. Either way, I might be able to fill out a group of just people who I introduced or re-introduced to golf in 2014 by Xmas. That'll be nice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

First round with my new golfer last Saturday. He shot 9 points Stableford and got rather stressed with how he was playing. I just reminded him that he's new to the game and it took me years to curb Mr Furious from coming out to play on the course. Will have a sit down with him too and see if he wants to just play relaxed golf every couple of weeks or whether he wants to work on his swing and improve it in between rounds too. If it's the latter I'll point him in the direction of my golf pro (even though there are loads of fixes I can see to his swing I'd be happier with him being coached by a professional)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I think I have created a golfer.  My guy has the bug.  He bought a used set of Mizuno clubs and a bag recently.  He has been hitting the range 2-3 times a week.  We actually put up a 120 last weekend. He hit a green in regulation and you'd think it was a hole in 1.  I got a feeling he will get better at a much faster pace than me.

I'm in and have my target, my son. We joined a private club and are spending a lot of time on the range. I'm not sure where that leaves me, but he wants to go every night.

- Shane

I'm in and have my target, my son. We joined a private club and are spending a lot of time on the range. I'm not sure where that leaves me, but he wants to go every night.

well, I personally think you have succeeded in creating a real golfer!!  Congrats!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'm trying... I have a boy next door, whos' story would bring you to tears. thats' a fact. 10 yrs old and NEVER played baseball,Basketball, or ANY sport...why? because of the way his homelife was...Mom and sisters killed in a car wreck several yrs ago,his father was a druggie who contracted AIDS,then turned Homosexual(he could have been Bi- before the wreck,who knows),and abandoned the boy. This was in south Carolina.. he's now living with his Aunt, whos' raising her 2 kids alone. Can you imagine being him ??? we've taken him under our wing,so to speak, and will do whatever we can to help build a normal life(if there is such a thing). I have a hitting net in my yard, where I practice, and I noticed him watching me from his porch the other day. Invited him over and gave him a Jrs club that I bought for the Grandson(he never took up the game)and showed him how to grip the club. Iwas given one of those practice "clubs". with a a weight on the end,teaching proper grip,now it's his. I plan on taking him to the local course(on a scale of 1-10,it's a 3), but good enough to peak his interest. trouble is, I'm not "good" enough golfer to give him proper instruction,and can't afford to pay the $50/hr our locals charge. I really wish I could,too..

Please remember Andy in your prayers..please.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying... I have a boy next door, whos' story would bring you to tears. thats' a fact. 10 yrs old and NEVER played baseball,Basketball, or ANY sport...why? because of the way his homelife was...Mom and sisters killed in a car wreck several yrs ago,his father was a druggie who contracted AIDS,then turned Homosexual(he could have been Bi- before the wreck,who knows),and abandoned the boy. This was in south Carolina.. he's now living with his Aunt, whos' raising her 2 kids alone. Can you imagine being him ??? we've taken him under our wing,so to speak, and will do whatever we can to help build a normal life(if there is such a thing). I have a hitting net in my yard, where I practice, and I noticed him watching me from his porch the other day. Invited him over and gave him a Jrs club that I bought for the Grandson(he never took up the game)and showed him how to grip the club. Iwas given one of those practice "clubs". with a a weight on the end,teaching proper grip,now it's his. I plan on taking him to the local course(on a scale of 1-10,it's a 3), but good enough to peak his interest. trouble is, I'm not "good" enough golfer to give him proper instruction,and can't afford to pay the $50/hr our locals charge. I really wish I could,too..

Please remember Andy in your prayers..please.

Of course, and I'm sure you will learn well enough to enjoy some rounds together!

Also, see if there are any First Tee programs in your immediate area. It can cost as little as $80 per quarter.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Sign me up......

Bother-in-law not only got his clubs in mid-March, he is now full on addicted. He is horrible, which is amusing, but he has his 2 sons (ages, 13 & 9) well on their way to being addicts. I am the resident "expert" and have already gotten mid-round (we live 3 hours apart) texts about straight drives and nearly holed chips.

Oh and the boys, both love sending pics of them in their visors.

Tonight, we start introducing the wife again. My 5 month old daughter (probably 2 months from being able to stand on her own so she can start working on her putting) loves being outside, so we take her to the golf course. My wife agreed to take her clubs tonight, and if the mood strikes her (her words) to actually try and play.

Give me my badges!!!! LOL.

how abt 3 ?

Made my daughter 8 yrs old start golf lessons, been a month and she is loving it... she does not wanna miss her lesson for any thing.. it is a junior academy where sat it is 1 hr of itching and chipping , sundays driving range and wed ( when the course is closed) they get to play 9 holes with an instructor

my wife .. .been 2 weeks and taking lessons and loving it ..,been after my life to go to a course... so soone ... maybe next week

mt cousin... again a month of lessons ...  and playes 9 with me yester day and loving it :)

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!