IGNORED

Inside the Ropes Pics and Swing Videos: 2014 Northern Trust (LA Open) Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sand Trap happened him :) Hope he brought his bucket and spade Not the best opening hole. No injury etc afaik.

No way. That cannot be real...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Darren Clarke looks like he has slimmed down (if that's him I'm seeing in the white visor on the range).

Yep he sure has.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Drinking game: drink every time a commentator says, "Kikuyu." So annoying lol

LOL.  It would also work (at least at Torrey and Pebble, and I think here too) if the game included "poa annua."

LOL.  It would also work (at least at Torrey and Pebble, and I think here too) if the game included "poa annua."

I think the announcers "Think" it makes them sound smart, or something. It is annoying. Oh...and Go D.J.

Thanks for posting Brian Stuard's golf swing. It looks a bit Dufner- esque without the waggle and with a longer backswing. And maybe he's closed at the top instead of square like Dufner? He seems to be another Hogan disciple with that Hogan Stance (left foot really flared out and right foot back and square-- for the driver swing). The finish looks identical to Duffs. I've been watching this guy (Brian Stuard) who seemingly came from out of nowhere  (obscure Oakland University in Michigan and then a brief stint on the web.com tour)  to come in with 4 top 10's in 2013, nearly shoot a 59 (he shot a 62 at the Humana) and already has 3 top 10's in 2014 and a 69 stroke average,  1.2 million dollars and has missed only 2 cuts out of 9 starts.  His name keeps jumping out at me from the leaderboards.

I remember back (in 2006 and 2007?) seeing this obscure guy named Lucas Glover who kept breaking into the top 10 every week and eventually won the US Open in 09, of course, having bested Duval and Barnes. So I'm predicting good things for Brian Stuard as well.  Thanks again for letting me look at this swing and another great example of maintaining that spine angle for most of the swing---except for the finish of course, when the body must eventually give in to gravity and the head must come up with the body and spine straightening. Flexibility- --that which separates the amateur from the world class professional--- allowing him to create perfectly repeating swings and tremendous clubhead speed in excess of 110 mph.

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 2.0.  9.5 Stiff Reax 4.8

3 Wood: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 Loft 15 Stiff  Reax 4.8

Irons: Mizuno MP-64 4 iron. MP-69, 5-PW, DG S-300 Shafts. 

Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, 50 (gap) and 56 (sand).   

Putter: Odyssey Two Ball putter (circa 2004) 

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Damn,Ricky Fowler missed the cut with a 76 (yikes)...wanted to watch the new swing...not so much now.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Man there are a lot of boring, C-class players on this leaderboard. Kinda disappointing.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Man there are a lot of boring, C-class players on this leaderboard. Kinda disappointing.

Meh, Bubba Watson, Spieth, Walker, Schwartzel, and Dustin Johnson all have a decent chance to win today. Anything can happen especially with a leader that has NEVER won an event before.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 3721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!