IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

Or should we be worried that you are getting ready to mount a full scale invasion (hopefully to free Orange County from the tyranny of high greens fees)??

SHHH! I'm counting on the element of surprise :-P

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefkve

Already playing Tustin Ranch on my D-day (Friday)

Your Dirthday???

Or should we be worried that you are getting ready to mount a full scale invasion (hopefully to free Orange County from the tyranny of high greens fees)??

PS.  @Lihu and @hacker101 you guys should probably plan just a 4some ... it's going to be tough for me, now that I think about it.  This weekend I'm playing Saturday and Monday.  The 16th I have a tournament, the 22nd I'm already committed to golf, and after that I'm booked for a couple of weeks for kids birthdays.  I like to sneak out of work in the afternoon sometimes during the week ... but Yorba is too far for that.  I think I'll just have to make 5/4 my first trip out there and rely on Google Maps and Aimpoint. :)

Don't sweat the dates, I have a lesson in El Dorado this Saturday, and have a tentative plan to play a few holes with @hacker101 and his son for a few holes there.

I just want to go before our official outing data and check this place out. Save some of  your money for a mini-outing. We can do a foursome or an 8-some and switch around teams at the turn.

Look forward to something at Black Gold even if the actual outing is not there.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm new to SoCal but I never pass up a golf tournament. If you've got space on May 4th, I'll make it.

Absolutely. We haven't finalized anything yet, so you're in! Just stay tuned to this thread as it gets closer to find out all the details!

i'll be able to make it to this one. I'm down for any course

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

i'll be able to make it to this one. I'm down for any course

Cool.

We're also trying to do a pre-outing outing for those who have never played the planned course.

We are thinking it could be Black Gold?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It was mentioned earlier, but no attention given to the Temecula Creek Inn suggestion. The reason I bring it up is because I just drove past it on 15N and it looked great. My vote goes there. Also, if we go to TC Inn, I would like to give a go at organizing it, aka logistics.

Ok, so it looks like we have three possible courses (Black Gold, Red Hawk, and Temecula Creek). SPEAK UP PEOPLE. Also, someone want to call the courses and see what they can do for us on 5/4 with 4 foursomes?

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

I'm up for any of them, as I already committed the time.

Black Gold would be the easiest to justify, because we celebrate Mother's "week" and it starts that Sunday. O:)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I'll put my vote in for Temecula Creek but I'm good with any of them.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My vote would be for either of the two in Temecula... However, you guys know that I'm in for wherever it is.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

We are easy, I like the idea of going to Temecula not an area we have played before.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I'd like to play somewhere other than Temecula Creek. I've played there a lot. It's nice. But for me to drive 2 hrs. I'd rather play a better course.

I'd like to play somewhere other than Temecula Creek. I've played there a lot. It's nice. But for me to drive 2 hrs. I'd rather play a better course.

What about Redhawk?  That one looks nice to me, but I've never played there either.

Anybody have any connections at Journey??? It looks like an amazing course, but without a little help, it's probably a little out of our price range.

What about Redhawk?  That one looks nice to me, but I've never played there either.

Anybody have any connections at Journey???  It looks like an amazing course, but without a little help, it's probably a little out of our price range.

Redhawk looks the best of the three to me... I've heard really great things about Journey, but yeah, probably a bit out of range price wise for some.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 3606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!