IGNORED

Directed Force Putters

SamGray
Note: This thread is 2400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I know people who wen to MIT for real, got engineering degrees and have trouble making Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. So regardless of whether his posts are the truth, he seems to not understand basic physics.

Please identify where the lack of physics knowledge is evident in my posts.  I would love to read your insight. 

Just now, JPitts said:

Please identify where the lack of physics knowledge is evident in my posts.  I would love to read your insight. 

There isn't any "lack of knowledge in physics" in your posts. I think most people were turned off by your overall tone, but I liked your review post. It's just that at 35 putts average which is closer to 38 right now, I'm not going to improve my putting no matter what I use.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, JPitts said:

You are not telling us the truth about who you are or where you are from. No need to continue this conversation.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I do not have a degree in anything related but it seems to me you have almost avoided talking about physics because you are probably afraid of being caught in a lie.-This is in spite of being invited to talk about them.

Seriously-You looked at Wikipedia and copied the information there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque

I feel I can spot a bullshitter when I see one and I feel I have spotted one in you-Citing a formula from WIkipedia on torque?-Really?

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

You are not telling us the truth about who you are or where you are from. No need to continue this conversation.

Bullshitter.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Lihu said:

There isn't any "lack of knowledge in physics" in your posts. I think most people were turned off by your overall tone, but I liked your review post. It's just that at 35 putts average which is closer to 38 right now, I'm not going to improve my putting no matter what I use.

I'm Jason from Ft. Worth, Texas. I've stated at least 3  times now in this thread where I am from. Now you have a first name.  

15 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I know people who wen to MIT for real, got engineering degrees and have trouble making Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. So regardless of whether his posts are the truth, he seems to not understand basic physics.

How much physics does it take to make Maccaroni 'n Cheese?

Anyway, no one wins here. It's an interesting putter. And JPitts is correct about the glowing reviews - they do exist. But I've also read a few negatives, mostly about its looks! lol. If it works to get the ball in the hole in less putts, it's fine. No putter is manna from Heaven. With mine, I had them reduce that T line so I could aim it straight. We'll see how it goes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

4 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

I do not have a degree in anything related but it seems to me you have almost avoided talking about physics because you are probably afraid of being caught in a lie.-This is in spite of being invited to talk about them.

Seriously-You looked at Wikipedia and copied the information there?

I feel I can spot a bullshitter when I see one and I feel I have spotted one in you-Citing a formula from WIkipedia on torque?-Really?

Bullshitter.

Actually the formula I posted is for angular velocity.  The image was posted from Google images though. A lot easier than trying to type it in this editor.  The fact you don't know the difference is ok,  most people don't. 

Edited by JPitts

Just now, JPitts said:

I'm Jason from Ft. Worth, Texas. I've stated at least 3  times now in this thread where I am from. Now you have a first name.  

Ah, yes, I see.

Anyway, I think this got off on a bad start.

Your original post was fine, then you dug into the site owner which was way overkill for what he noted in his posts to you. No doubt you are smart, and you don't have to prove it on this site. Just take everything at table value and go with it. No one is trying to put down the things you noted.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

Ah, yes, I see.

Anyway, I think this got off on a bad start.

Your original post was fine, then you dug into the site owner which was way overkill for what he noted in his posts to you. No doubt you are smart, and you don't have to prove it on this site. Just take everything at table value and go with it. No one is trying to put down the things you noted.

I wasn't trying to lay into anyone.  I know that tone doesn't always reflect properly through typed text. 

I do get a bit defensive about physics though as it is my passion. I've spent a lot of money and time studying it and applying it in my professional life.  There is a ton of mis information out there that is being presented and I am simply trying to correct some of the more common mistakes.  

12 minutes ago, JPitts said:

Actually the formula I posted is for angular velocity.  The image was posted from Google images though. A lot easier than trying to type it in this editor.  The fact you don't know the difference is ok,  most people don't. 

That is odd-On the Wikipedia page it says "power =" and then does some substitution to get power = torque x angular speed.

But hey, you are a bullshitter-This is what you do.

I wasn't trying to lay into anyone.

Bullshit.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

trying to correct some of the more common mistakes.

Well then do so. Just saying, "I'm from MIT and I'm passionate about physics" doesn't fly. Explain your reasoning with facts, diagrams, tests, whatever. If you've spent any time here you'd know that's exactly what @iacas does and his expecting no less is completely reasonable.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

I really don't care about the science, I just care if it works. Are these putters available at any retail golf stores? I'd love to see one in person.

Like @iacas said -It is a flat piece of metal on the end of a stick. Find one you can aim, find one with a good balance, and then learn to make a good stroke.

It is not like a putter actually twists in your hands.-There is a reason they have to go so low friction in the Revealer or like Edel has to in their no torque putters.

Good putters can putt with anything.-Look at how you putt almost as well with a wedge as your putter.-Your wedge is not using a formula for power or angular velocity to stay balanced and resist twisting.

1 minute ago, Phil McGleno said:

Good putters can putt with anything.-Look at how you putt almost as well with a wedge as your putter.-Your wedge is not using a formula for power or angular velocity to stay balanced and resist twisting.

Likewise, bad putters can't putt with everything. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well then do so. Just saying, "I'm from MIT and I'm passionate about physics" doesn't fly. Explain your reasoning with facts, diagrams, tests, whatever. If you've spent any time here you'd know that's exactly what @iacas does and his expecting no less is completely reasonable.

I'll post some info later today.

15 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

I really don't care about the science, I just care if it works. Are these putters available at any retail golf stores? I'd love to see one in person.

North Carolina? They have 2 fitters - locations. Call to see if they have demos on the floor. All of them are custom fitted, so picking one up at a store and taking it home is not a go. I was in CA on vacation and visited a fitter. They had about 3 demos and the infamous Revealer on the floor.

http://www.directedforce.com/Articles.asp?ID=255

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

23 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

It works,  at least for me and from what I've read,  several others.  The company website had a list of fitters and retailers. Im not going to post a link, so just Google the company name, Directed Force putters.

5 minutes ago, JPitts said:

It works,  at least for me and from what I've read,  several others.  The company website had a list of fitters and retailers. Im not going to post a link, so just Google the company name, Directed Force putters.

Yes-The company is good about sending out shills to vouch for how awesome these flat pieces of metal on the ends of sticks are. The guy who started the company even pretended to be someone else-Right here on this site-for a time.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 2400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!