IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hell yeah. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

You've got to at least pick somebody down here. ;-) Alabama Penal Code: Section 22-4: Upon becoming a legal residient of the state of Alabama each citizen has a 90 day grace period to choose whether to be an Auburn fan or an Alabama fan. People found in violation of this ordinance willl receive the mandatory, humiliating, sentence of ten years as a designated Tennessee fan. Sentence will be automatically suspended if a child of the convicted can run at least a 4.4 40 yard dash and attends a state school on a football scholarship.

Pretty good football game going on right now between Notre Dame and FSU. I'm still undecided who I'm for in that game even at this point. The voice in my left ear says "You can't root for FSU as long as Jamis Winston is on the field but the voice in my right ear says "Really? Notre Dame? You've hated them with a passion since 1966."

Pretty good football game going on right now between Notre Dame and FSU. I'm still undecided who I'm for in that game even at this point. The voice in my left ear says "You can't root for FSU as long as Jamis Winston is on the field but the voice in my right ear says "Really? Notre Dame? You've hated them with a passion since 1966."

Eff Notre Dame

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Interesting day for sure..    A lot of one sided games but this FSU/ND game has been entertaining (what I have seen of it, since I had to watch Mizzou lay the smack down on Florida)..    I don't have a rooting interest in this game at all but it is definitely fun to watch.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well that was exciting! National title quality game right there ... ND should not drop too far in the polls. Also, for the record, that didn't really look like a pick to me - the guy was running into his own man. Regardless, I can see why they called it and the announcers agreed it was a good call, so I'll take their word for it. :)

I agree. Both teams looked pretty impressive to me. Notre Dame looked a little bit more physical than I expected them to look (and I had not watched them play this year until that game).

Well that was exciting! National title quality game right there ... ND should not drop too far in the polls.

Also, for the record, that didn't really look like a pick to me - the guy was running into his own man. Regardless, I can see why they called it and the announcers agreed it was a good call, so I'll take their word for it. :)

Yea it was a pick. A WR can not interfere with a DB past the neutral zone on a forward pass that has crossed the neutral zone. Ref's usually don't call it when the WR looks like he is running a route. So usually they call it a rub route. Were the WR will cut his route so he runs near a crossing DB. You really can't say the WR is actually performing a pick or running a route. In the ND case, the guy was locked up with the DB, blocking him. His hands were under the the pads of the DB. He really never ran a route, he just went for a block. That is illegal. It was a good call.

It was a great game though. ND showed they are relevant in the national picture again.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yea it was a pick. A WR can not interfere with a DB past the neutral zone on a forward pass that has crossed the neutral zone. Ref's usually don't call it when the WR looks like he is running a route. So usually they call it a rub route. Were the WR will cut his route so he runs near a crossing DB. You really can't say the WR is actually performing a pick or running a route. In the ND case, the guy was locked up with the DB, blocking him. His hands were under the the pads of the DB. He really never ran a route, he just went for a block. That is illegal. It was a good call.  It was a great game though. ND showed they are relevant in the national picture again.

Yeah, he only needed to impede the guy for a fraction of a second. He could've accomplished that with his arms at his sides and never been flagged.

Alabama loosened the reins on its offense, the defense has progressed .. . they look like a #1.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Alabama loosened the reins on its offense, the defense has progressed .. . they look like a #1.

They did Saturday...but they are too weak in the offensive line against teams with top level defensive front 7s. Not weak physically but weak in chemistry and cohesion.

This team is a little schizophrenic like the 2010 team that probably was as good as anybody but didn't always play like it (for some reason), except with a weaker OL.

Maybe they will improve and maybe they lose 2 or 3 more games if they don't.

BTW unlike almost every Alabama fan I know (and ESPN pundits) I think Lane Kiffin is doing a good job with what he has to work with. If he sticks around and they can somehow add a top level quarterback he will suddenly look like a genius.

Oh come on, going into that game Texas A&M; had the 71st ranked total defense and 47th ranked scoring defense.

Seriously they looked completely over matched in terms of athletes on defense. Their D-line looked small, their DB's looked small. it was a total mismatch. Like any sport, match ups are a big thing. I wasn't shocked that Texas A&M; laid an egg in that game. They came out guns a blazing for one game, against a poor South Carolina team (compared to the past 3 years). Since then they haven't looked good at all.

Heck Texas A&M; got completely ran over by Arkasnas when they played them. By run over I meant all Arkansas had to do was run the ball, even though their defense couldn't hold up for the win. I bet Alabama saw that tape and was just getting all pumped up to run the ball against Texas A&M.;

No way Alabama is a number 1 team in the nation. They looked way less complete of a team as compared to,

Miss St.

FSU

ND

Ole Miss

Even with ND's loss, I don't think they should be behind Alabama. These 4 really have separated themselves a bit from those bellow them. Heck It was basically Johnny Football who beat Alabama. They put up the stat, in the games versus Alabama, Johnny accounted for 50% of the rushing yards. Their current QB only accounts for 5-10%. They haven't figured a way to make up 40% of the rushing that Johnny did. That is a lot of Offense gone.

Texas A&M; is just a bad team right now.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Oh come on, going into that game Texas A&M; had the 71st ranked total defense and 47th ranked scoring defense.  Seriously they looked completely over matched in terms of athletes on defense. Their D-line looked small, their DB's looked small. it was a total mismatch. Like any sport, match ups are a big thing. I wasn't shocked that Texas A&M; laid an egg in that game. They came out guns a blazing for one game, against a poor South Carolina team (compared to the past 3 years). Since then they haven't looked good at all.  Heck Texas A&M; got completely ran over by Arkasnas when they played them. By run over I meant all Arkansas had to do was run the ball, even though their defense couldn't hold up for the win. I bet Alabama saw that tape and was just getting all pumped up to run the ball against Texas A&M.;  No way Alabama is a number 1 team in the nation. They looked way less complete of a team as compared to, Miss St.  FSU ND Ole Miss Even with ND's loss, I don't think they should be behind Alabama. These 4 really have separated themselves a bit from those bellow them. Heck It was basically Johnny Football who beat Alabama. They put up the stat, in the games versus Alabama, Johnny accounted for 50% of the rushing yards. Their current QB only accounts for 5-10%. They haven't figured a way to make up 40% of the rushing that Johnny did. That is a lot of Offense gone.  Texas A&M; is just a bad team right now.

Completely agree. Beating a bad team 59-0 means squat.

Oh come on, going into that game Texas A&M; had the 71st ranked total defense and 47th ranked scoring defense.

Seriously they looked completely over matched in terms of athletes on defense. Their D-line looked small, their DB's looked small. it was a total mismatch. Like any sport, match ups are a big thing. I wasn't shocked that Texas A&M; laid an egg in that game. They came out guns a blazing for one game, against a poor South Carolina team (compared to the past 3 years). Since then they haven't looked good at all.

Heck Texas A&M; got completely ran over by Arkasnas when they played them. By run over I meant all Arkansas had to do was run the ball, even though their defense couldn't hold up for the win. I bet Alabama saw that tape and was just getting all pumped up to run the ball against Texas A&M.;

No way Alabama is a number 1 team in the nation. They looked way less complete of a team as compared to,

Miss St.

FSU

ND

Ole Miss

Even with ND's loss, I don't think they should be behind Alabama. These 4 really have separated themselves a bit from those bellow them. Heck It was basically Johnny Football who beat Alabama. They put up the stat, in the games versus Alabama, Johnny accounted for 50% of the rushing yards. Their current QB only accounts for 5-10%. They haven't figured a way to make up 40% of the rushing that Johnny did. That is a lot of Offense gone.

Texas A&M; is just a bad team right now.

I don't disagree with any of that but I will say that it's highly unlikely that any team in the country could play consecutive games against the two Mississippi schools and Alabama like TAMU had to do and not lose any games (including the two Mississippi schools and Alabama).

They lost all three and that makes them look horrible but plenty of teams that think they are pretty good would have lost those three games if they played them consecutively with two on the road.

I don't disagree with any of that but I will say that it's highly unlikely that [SIZE=16px] any [/SIZE] team in the country could play consecutive games against the two Mississippi schools and Alabama like TAMU had to do and not lose any games (including the two Mississippi schools and Alabama). They lost all three and that makes them look horrible but plenty of teams that think they are pretty good would have lost those three games if they played them consecutively with two on the road.

The problem is they didn't just look typical bad. The looked none FCS bad. It was like Alabama was playing Florida Atlantic. There was no fight, the gaps in the defense where so large you could drive a car through them. No way Texas A&M;, who has recruited pretty well the past 5 years gets thrashed like that. Also Alabama hasn't been at all consistent. They barely squeak by Arkansas. I just don't see them as a top 5 team right now.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Also Alabama hasn't been at all consistent. They barely squeak by Arkansas. I just don't see them as a top 5 team right now.

Well at least we agree on something. ;-) In the words of Wimp Sanderson "If we are number 7 in the country it's an awfully weak country."

Mississipi State has a pretty impressive O line. The center is a rock. Its gonna be a head banger. Bama tightening up and playing better is gonna give them a shot at the playoff I hope, if rankings are how its all figured. Somebody said Bama moved back to 4 in the polls.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--jameis-winston-to-declare-for-nfl-draft-following-this-season-162645808.html

Yep, he's screwed up college enough, might as well jump ship.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!