IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Losing to a Northwestern team that lost to a very bad Michigan team, I am not sure they deserve that 3 ranking...   lol

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

J Winston will be sad soon, I suspect.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

FSU Hasn't earned that respect really. They have looked unimpressive this year. Having to rely on second half surges to barely get past opponents they were crushing last year. The ACC is down this year, maybe the weakest conference out of the power 5. You have their really tight win against ND at home, and ND gets beat by both Arizona State and Northwestern.  I don't mind them at 3rd.

I got a hunch they'll find a way to lose either to Florida or GT. I shouldn't ... Because I remember thinking the exact same thing last year ... They're not that good, their schedule is weak, they are gonna get absolutely hammered by Auburn ... So I shouldve learned but, well, they just don't quite seem as good as the rest.

Losing to a Northwestern team that lost to a very bad Michigan team, I am not sure they deserve that 3 ranking...   lol

Wow. Just noticed that some stuff is missing from that.. What it was supposed to say was ND lost to a Northwestern team that was beaten by a bad Michigan team. Since FSU barely beat ND, I'm not sure they deserve #3. One has to believe their being the last remaining unbeaten Power 5 team is the only thing keeping them in the top group. They sure aren't there for style point or SOS. I keep thinking they will lose only to see them pull off nearly improbable comebacks. Their luck has to run out before long..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Wow. Just noticed that some stuff is missing from that.. What it was supposed to say was ND lost to a Northwestern team that was beaten by a bad Michigan team. Since FSU barely beat ND, I'm not sure they deserve #3.

One has to believe their being the last remaining unbeaten Power 5 team is the only thing keeping them in the top group. They sure aren't there for style point or SOS. I keep thinking they will lose only to see them pull off nearly improbable comebacks. Their luck has to run out before long..

Absolutely nothing. You can't play that game. The reason being there is a lot more volatility week from week to try to make that comparison. Some teams can play up to their competition. Some teams play down. Some teams have a very good week. Some games you just shouldn't lose. To say just because Michigan beat Northwestern that looks bad for ND or FSU because ND happened to lose to Northwestern doesn't mean anything. Heck what if ND played Michigan this year and blew them out of the water. Oh wait they did, 31-0. So now how do you compare that?

ND beat Michigan 31-0

Northwestern lost to Michigan

Northwestern beat ND

How does related to FSU, you can't. Heck Arizona State punked ND, and then rolled over against Oregon State!

That is the primary problem with rankings. They are fluid so you really can't try to make a judgement on FSU basing on how ND plays week to week. Just try to get a general idea on how well ND actually is and use that. Because ND smashed Michigan. Michigan beat Northwestern, and Northwestern beat ND. The logic has come full circle.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

When Bama beat T a&m; by 59 to 0 or whatever everybody said "oh no manziel" like the team was no good. He was just one guy. Winning and losing obscures team play in the numbers sometimes. There are some really good games to come.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Absolutely nothing. You can't play that game.

Ah but you have to play that game if you are going to talk about SOS and the committee is in fact considering it.  SOS is by it's very nature, fluid.  It involves not just how a team played on a given day against a given opponent but also how they played over the course of the season. EVERY team you play, HOW you played and how those teams played against the rest of their schedule factor in to SOS.   The fact Miss. St. only fell from 1 to 4, while an undefeated FSU sits at #3 shows just how important SOS can be to the committee.  So yes, FSU losing to a ND team that is clearly trending down matters.  A LOT.    It weakens that SOS.    I will submit to you that your beloved OSU might well be in the top 4 right now if VT were the typical Frank Beamer coached team we have seen in the not so distant past, rather than the 5-5 team that they are this year.  So again, you have to play that game.   The committee is playing it and have said so all along.

Correction... (Gotta stop using my phone..) FSU almost losing to a downward trending ND team.....

Correction... (Gotta stop using my phone..) FSU almost losing to a downward trending ND team.....

I get that, I don't mind the first level look at SOS. If ND keep losing then it does make that close win look worse. That is as far as I would go with that logic. Really I think it is more that FSU has not dominated a team this year.

6 point win versus Ok State

25 point win versus Citadel

6 point win versus Clemson who they punked last year.

15 point win versus NC State

4 point win over ND

11 point win versus Louisville

4 point win versus Miami

I mean, not many impressive wins, especially when you consider that they really didn't have many first half leads. Just not impressive as last year. Their Scoring Margin is +13.1 points this year. They had a scoring margin last year of +38.8. They might actually be playing an easier schedule this year as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I get that, I don't mind the first level look at SOS. If ND keep losing then it does make that close win look worse. That is as far as I would go with that logic. Really I think it is more that FSU has not dominated a team this year.

6 point win versus Ok State

25 point win versus Citadel

6 point win versus Clemson who they punked last year.

15 point win versus NC State

4 point win over ND

11 point win versus Louisville

4 point win versus Miami

I mean, not many impressive wins, especially when you consider that they really didn't have many first half leads. Just not impressive as last year. Their Scoring Margin is +13.1 points this year. They had a scoring margin last year of +38.8. They might actually be playing an easier schedule this year as well.

Ultimately none of this matters because I think everybody would agree that an undefeated FSU belongs in the Top 4

AND

I would venture that everybody would also agree that any loss by FSU is going to (and should) knock them out of the Top 4.

I agree with you and even think they should save that loss for Bama to deliver for old times sake.

Tom R.

You gotta know that the defending champs will get the benefit of the doubt. Still, any loss now would be a "bad" loss.

Do you guys think the Boston College game will be worth watching? Schedule is looking a bit thin this weekend.

F Baum was talking about only having 2 interesting games this weekend but I dont know which he was referring to because everybody has to call me when I am driving home and I cant listen.

Tom R.

F Baum was talking about only having 2 interesting games this weekend but I dont know which he was referring to because everybody has to call me when I am driving home and I cant listen.

I am not sure which ones he was speaking of, but I will be watching my beloved Volunteers host Mizzou. This will be a pretty decent look at what the 2015 team will be based upon. The Mizzou defense will be the best Joshua Dobbs has faced. It is the same one that made a year younger Dobbs look like a boy amongmen last year. We will see just how much he has grown in a year. Butch Jones and his staff have had their work cut out for them preparing for the SEC east forerunner. Throw in the rape allegations on the 2 defensive players and 1 suspended the 1st half due to a targeting penalty during the 2nd half vs Kentucky last week. There will be a huge opportunity for some of the exceptional young players to step up and play above their years or a great opportunity for Mizzou to blast the Vols as bad as last year. We will find out on Saturday. I know for at least one night, Georgia fans will be singing "Rocky Top" !!!! Anyone have any thoughts for this game?

The Vols may break into the top 25 this year. There is an analyst named booger on the Finebaum show. He said UCLA is a sham this year.

Tom R.

I am not sure which ones he was speaking of, but I will be watching my beloved Volunteers host Mizzou. This will be a pretty decent look at what the 2015 team will be based upon. The Mizzou defense will be the best Joshua Dobbs has faced. It is the same one that made a year younger Dobbs look like a boy amongmen last year. We will see just how much he has grown in a year. Butch Jones and his staff have had their work cut out for them preparing for the SEC east forerunner. Throw in the rape allegations on the 2 defensive players and 1 suspended the 1st half due to a targeting penalty during the 2nd half vs Kentucky last week. There will be a huge opportunity for some of the exceptional young players to step up and play above their years or a great opportunity for Mizzou to blast the Vols as bad as last year. We will find out on Saturday. I know for at least one night, Georgia fans will be singing "Rocky Top" !!!! Anyone have any thoughts for this game?

Huge game for the SEC. I know the entire SEC West will be rooting for Mizz, because they'd rather not play UGA in ATL. Nuclear scenario for CFP final four is an SEC East victory in Atl.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 3387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!