IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alabama shouldn't have much trouble with Missouri tonight.  (for fun, lets call it 30-10 final)

I'm with @saevel25 that FSU's mediocrity will finally catch up with them tonight and they'll lose to the nerds. (GT: 24, FSU:18)

Unfortunately for Matt, though, I think OSU will fall to Wisconsin.  Odds that their 3rd stringer will also be a star are slim (Badgers: 24, OSU:14)

TCU will roll over ISU, 48-21 and Baylor will force the committee to throw 2 Big-12 teams in there by holding off Kansas State 42-32.

Here's the thing, he doesn't need to be a star for Ohio State to win this game. Ohio State has one of the most improve offensive lines in the nation. Arguably they might have the best line in the nation. I think with the way that Ohio State has evolved in the run game this year. They went from mostly a power football run game last year with Carlos Hyde to a more variable attack. Mixing in the power run game, the mis-direction counter option with the QB, the jet sweeps, and the triple option. You throw in the quick screen pass game, and the occasional deep ball.

Besides Barrett people forget that Ohio State has the 3rd best Rushing Attack in the Big Ten at 250 yards per game. They are no slouches at running the ball. I just think that Ohio State has too many weapons for Wisconsin to deal with. They got 3-4 guys who can take it to the house on any given play. The only way I see Wisconsin holding OSU to 14 points is if they play the absolute perfect game on defense and give up no explosive plays.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont understand how you guys have enough time to work with the broad level of detail here. Oh wait...

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I think Bama is doing better than the gambolers expected. What was it 14? Sims had a passing completion rate of 85% in the game.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I think Bama is doing better than the gambolers expected. What was it 14?

Yep.  Congrats to Alabama.    Good performance.    They, Oregon and TCU have all done what they needed to do.     It'll be fun to see who handles business the best tonight..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Since the Georgia Tech helmets look like golf balls with the honeycomb pattern, I am taking it as a good omen that they will beat FSU. I doubt Vegas took that into consideration.

Tom R.

Got to say, Jones has looked good so far. Still a lot of time to go but he is doing a good job..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

FSU average weight of offensive line 323 lbs. Huge!

Tom R.

Badgers are getting there tails handed to them.... :(

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Badgers are getting there tails handed to them.... :(

Yes they are.   Have to say, this performance looks like a team that is good enough to be in the final 4..     Very impressive for sure.   The question is, will the committee see it that way?   Guess we will know tomorrow..

GORDON WHAT!!  76 RUSHING YARDS IS WHAT!

WISCONSIN WHAT!!  59-0 IS WHAT!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Well, these teams really went out of their way to ruin the evenings of all of the committee members, lol. No easy decisions for them to fill that fourth spot. Seems like all three teams (tcu, Baylor, and osu) have REALLY good arguments for why they deserve the fourth spot. Espn has a list of 40 college football people and their predictions as to who should be in the playoffs. All 40 agree that Bama and Oregon belong in. One whackjob thinks FSU doesn't belong, but otherwise they are also a unanimous pick. Who belongs in the fourth spot is where it gets muddled. 6 of them say it should be Baylor. 12 have tcu in there. 23 of them think OSU played their way in tonight. (41 total because of the one guy who excludes FSU ... He has both big 12 teams in) The only guarantee is a bunch of people (probably mostly from Texas) are going to be unhappy come tomorrow afternoon.

GORDON WHAT!!  76 RUSHING YARDS IS WHAT!  WISCONSIN WHAT!!  59-0 IS WHAT!!! [IMG]http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/55/997/997055.gif[/IMG]

Congrats To say my prediction was wrong wouldn't give the severity of it enough credit.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Jamis Winston says he wants a piece Alabama. Ok big guy, I think a piece you will have.

Tom R.

After watching the games last night:

Alabama

Oregon

Ohio

Florida State

These teams all won their conferences.  Could TCU and Baylor beat these teams?  Sure but this would force their conference to have a playoff.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

If the weeks of ill-advised rankings releases can be used as any kind of guide, the Buckeyes may ace out the Big 12. The committee has overvalued a league that did virtually nothing in non-conference play, rewarding Big Ten teams for beating other Big Ten teams that hadn’t proved much. Ohio State was ranked fifth last week, ahead of Baylor, despite having fewer quality victories and a far worse loss. Michigan State was ranked eighth despite zero victories over ranked teams – a five-point victory at home against a Nebraska team that fired its coach as a highlight. Wisconsin was ranked 13th despite having a loss to 5-7 Northwestern and no quality victories. Facts facts facts. This came from an article I read. Read it. Learn it. Know it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

For the committee the questions are the following,

For TCU and Baylor, does not playing in a conference title game, and having one less game to their resume bump them out. The issue with that is, I am not sure that really fits with the Committee's rhetoric when they say they would look at each team ever week with a clean slate and basically say, Ok which teams are the 4 best teams in American based on what they have done so far. I am not sure with TCU already being 3rd, and actually playing yesterday, and handling their opponent convincingly that they are going to be bopped down 2 spots.

The next area of though is, Florida State has faced a really weak schedule were their margin of victory is 11 points since the Clemson game. If you take out that 40 point win against Wake Forest, it has only been 9 points. A lot of those games they had to come from behind to win in the 2nd half. Does struggling against so many week teams over and over again out weight the one loss by Ohio State against VT in their 2nd game? Ohio States margin of victory has been 24 points over the same stretch as Florida State. That is very compelling.

I do not think it would be absolutely crazy for FSU to be left out of the playoffs. In the end does the playoff committee want to say, "winning doesn't mean everything now, it is looking good and controlling the game from start to finish that is more important." Given that usually means you are going to win. For FSU who skirts buy, are they one of the best 4 teams in the nation, not one of the 4 most deserving teams?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

For the committee the questions are the following, For TCU and Baylor, does not playing in a conference title game, and having one less game to their resume bump them out. The issue with that is, I am not sure that really fits with the Committee's rhetoric when they say they would look at each team ever week with a clean slate and basically say, Ok which teams are the 4 best teams in American based on what they have done so far. I am not sure with TCU already being 3rd, and actually playing yesterday, and handling their opponent convincingly that they are going to be bopped down 2 spots. The next area of though is, Florida State has faced a really weak schedule were their margin of victory is 11 points since the Clemson game. If you take out that 40 point win against Wake Forest, it has only been 9 points. A lot of those games they had to come from behind to win in the 2nd half. Does struggling against so many week teams over and over again out weight the one loss by Ohio State against VT in their 2nd game? Ohio States margin of victory has been 24 points over the same stretch as Florida State. That is very compelling.  I do not think it would be absolutely crazy for FSU to be left out of the playoffs. In the end does the playoff committee want to say, "winning doesn't mean everything now, it is looking good and controlling the game from start to finish that is more important." Given that usually means you are going to win. For FSU who skirts buy, are they one of the best 4 teams in the nation, not one of the 4 most deserving teams?

I agree that it wouldn't be "crazy" to leave out an undefeated FSU ... It would be UTTERLY F***ING INSANE!!!!!! No way in hell you can justify leaving off an undefeated team who also happens to be the flipping DEFENDINV CHAMPIONS. I tend to think that they will stick with the 4 they had last week. I mean, it's basically a given that Bama, Ore, and FSU are in. So that leaves them with trying to justify dropping a team that you believed was the third best last week to fifth, after they went out and won 55-3. Whatever happens though, there is only one guarantee: it will not be without controversy.

Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!