IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree that it wouldn't be "crazy" to leave out an undefeated FSU ... It would be UTTERLY F***ING INSANE!!!!!! No way in hell you can justify leaving off an undefeated team who also happens to be the flipping DEFENDINV CHAMPIONS.

I tend to think that they will stick with the 4 they had last week. I mean, it's basically a given that Bama, Ore, and FSU are in. So that leaves them with trying to justify dropping a team that you believed was the third best last week to fifth, after they went out and won 55-3.

Whatever happens though, there is only one guarantee: it will not be without controversy.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well the committee has been willing to put a 1 loss team above a undefeated team in the rankings. At least to them it seems they are more concerned with how you win instead of just winning. In that regard I think it is very plausible that they keep FSU out because they never really looked dominant at all this year. In the end I don't think OSU has done enough to jump TCU. Especially when you line up the loses on the schedule. To me does OSU's scoring 130 more points over their opponents than FSU negate that 1 loss.  I would put it as 60% TCU and FSU are in 30% FSU and OSU are in 10% TCU and OSU are in

Yes but there is a monumental difference between saying that an undefeated team hasn't looked the best this year (which nobody would disagree with btw) and suggesting that they haven't done enough to earn a chance at defending. I'd agree with your percentages there, btw, but I'd line up the 10% with FSU and Baylor. My response to the question of the chances of FSU Being included would be the same as the lady in Zero Dark Thirty when asked about Bin Laden being at the compound. " It's 100%. ... Of fine, 99% because I know certainty freaks you guys out ... But it's 100." You know what I'd like to see: the imaginary rankings if it was still BCS Era. I'd bet that FSU would be above Oregon in that scenario.

After watching the games last night: Alabama Oregon Ohio Florida State These teams all won their conferences.  Could TCU and Baylor beat these teams?  Sure but this would force their conference to have a playoff.

Nightmare scenario for me, being a TCU fan. Couldn't argue it however, with Ohio State's performance yesterday, damn.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

You know what I'd like to see: the imaginary rankings if it was still BCS Era. I'd bet that FSU would be above Oregon in that scenario.

I saw those on a program Friday afternoon (obviously before all of this played out).   The top 4 teams were Alabama, FSU, Oregon & TCU in that order.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Dammit!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Well I guess conference championship games matter a lot to the committee.

Wake up call to the Big 12, add more teams and get a conference championship game!

I am glad my Buckeyes are in. I wouldn't have been upset if it ended up like this,Alabama, Oregon, FSU, TCU or Baylor

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Well I guess conference championship games matter a lot to the committee.  Wake up call to the Big 12, add more teams and get a conference championship game!  I am glad my Buckeyes are in. I wouldn't have been upset if it ended up like this,Alabama, Oregon, FSU, TCU or Baylor

I'm reading too much Twitter so I'm being, perhaps, unduly influenced. But, c'mon, no collusion yesterday between OSU and W? TCU crushed them in the Rose Bowl last year. WI complete give-up in the game yesterday. Something funky about that. #bitterpill

I'm reading too much Twitter so I'm being, perhaps, unduly influenced. But, c'mon, no collusion yesterday between OSU and W? TCU crushed them in the Rose Bowl last year. WI complete give-up in the game yesterday. Something funky about that. #bitterpill

TCU played Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl back in 2010, and the score was 21-19, not really a crushing.

Yea, Wisconsin pulled Gordon in the 4th quarter I believe. Not willing to get him injured in a game that was over. I really didn't see a team that gave up. They were fighting till the end. They were just over matched completely.

Collusion really? Seriously you are going to go there with that. Wisconsin HATES Ohio State. Teams always want to play spoilers. Sorry, but there was no collusion to let OSU win. You are reading way too much twitter and jumping to conclusions. :doh:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

TCU played Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl back in 2010, and the score was 21-19, not really a crushing.  Yea, Wisconsin pulled Gordon in the 4th quarter I believe. Not willing to get him injured in a game that was over. I really didn't see a team that gave up. They were fighting till the end. They were just over matched completely.  Collusion really? Seriously you are going to go there with that. Wisconsin HATES Ohio State. Teams always want to play spoilers. Sorry, but there was no collusion to let OSU win. You are reading way too much twitter and jumping to conclusions. :doh:

I'm scrapin' and clawin' man. But for the #11 team in the country to get stomped 59-0, there was some give up on Wisconsin's part. The question is when that give up began, before the 1st quarter, 2nd half? Who knows. As I said earlier, based on that win, I don't have a beef with the selection committee, except for dropping TCU 3 spots after their game yesterday, but after 4, doesn't really matter. I'm just frustrated. Someone was gonna get left out, didn't want it to be the Texas teams.

I'm scrapin' and clawin' man. But for the #11 team in the country to get stomped 59-0, there was some give up on Wisconsin's part. The question is when that give up began, before the 1st quarter, 2nd half? Who knows.

As I said earlier, based on that win, I don't have a beef with the selection committee, except for dropping TCU 3 spots after their game yesterday, but after 4, doesn't really matter. I'm just frustrated. Someone was gonna get left out, didn't want it to be the Texas teams.

Is there a sense of this game is over, yea. I think Wisconsin tried for the first half, and  mostly through the 3rd quarter. When the 4th quarter came and the deficit expanded by 7 points I think they were just trying not to get shut out. They were trying desperately to move down the field to get some points. Though they did bench Gordon to keep him healthy because he's going to be a 1st to early 2nd round draft pick. Probably the top RB coming out this year.

Yea, I don't understand it. I think it hits hard with people who think teams deserve to be there versus who they think is the best 4 team. Kinda shocks me that FSU is in when TCU is out. I think TCU, Baylor and OSU looked more impressive than FSU. Its almost like they had two sets of criteria one for FSU who gets a pass on their mediocre play because they are undefeated and the rest who have to blow out teams to make it in.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

[QUOTE name="Gunther" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/666#post_1082941"] I'm scrapin' and clawin' man. But for the #11 team in the country to get stomped 59-0, there was some give up on Wisconsin's part. The question is when that give up began, before the 1st quarter, 2nd half? Who knows. As I said earlier, based on that win, I don't have a beef with the selection committee, except for dropping TCU 3 spots after their game yesterday, but after 4, doesn't really matter. I'm just frustrated. Someone was gonna get left out, didn't want it to be the Texas teams.[/QUOTE] Is there a sense of this game is over, yea. I think Wisconsin tried for the first half, and  mostly through the 3rd quarter. When the 4th quarter came and the deficit expanded by 7 points I think they were just trying not to get shut out. They were trying desperately to move down the field to get some points. Though they did bench Gordon to keep him healthy because he's going to be a 1st to early 2nd round draft pick. Probably the top RB coming out this year.  Yea, I don't understand it. I think it hits hard with people who think teams deserve to be there versus who they think is the best 4 team. Kinda shocks me that FSU is in when TCU is out. I think TCU, Baylor and OSU looked more impressive than FSU. Its almost like they had two sets of criteria one for FSU who gets a pass on their mediocre play because they are undefeated and the rest who have to blow out teams to make it in.

Saevel25 I pulled for your Ohio. Now I am gonna have to pull against them. I believe Bama and Ohio have a date with destiny. Urban is a good coach, but I can tell from the banter that a lot of fellows up that way do not understand what he has done with less resource than he is accustomed.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Saevel25 I pulled for your Ohio STATE. Now I am gonna have to pull against them. I believe Bama and Ohio STATE have a date with destiny.

There I fixed that for you. Really I do not own the state of Ohio. If you want to name the other university in Ohio, it is Ohio U., or Ohio University.

Urban is a good coach, but I can tell from the banter that a lot of fellows up that way do not understand what he has done with less resource than he is accustomed.

HUH, that doesn't even make sense. I think he's done a hell of a job with what he's been handed this year. Losing two Heisman Candidates. Losing the best D-lineman on the team. To go 12-1 and having the team get better each week.

People don't realize this is a young team. They have 3 starting seniors on the offense and 4 starting seniors on the defense. Their two deep they only have 3 more seniors who play. So really they only have 10 seniors on their two deep roster.

I think he is use to not having a lot of talent. He won a lot of games at Utah.

Really I don't get the point you are trying to make. I really don't hear much banter up my way. I wonder if you are listening to some made up banter ;-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

[QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/666#post_1083066"] Saevel25 I pulled for your Ohio STATE . Now I am gonna have to pull against them. I believe Bama and Ohio STATE have a date with destiny. [/QUOTE] There I fixed that for you. Really I do not own the state of Ohio. If you want to name the other university in Ohio, it is Ohio U., or Ohio University.  [QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/666#post_1083066"] Urban is a good coach, but I can tell from the banter that a lot of fellows up that way do not understand what he has done with less resource than he is accustomed.[/QUOTE] HUH, that doesn't even make sense. I think he's done a hell of a job with what he's been handed this year. Losing two Heisman Candidates. Losing the best D-lineman on the team. To go 12-1 and having the team get better each week.  People don't realize this is a young team. They have 3 starting seniors on the offense and 4 starting seniors on the defense. Their two deep they only have 3 more seniors who play. So really they only have 10 seniors on their two deep roster.  I think he is use to not having a lot of talent. He won a lot of games at Utah.  Really I don't get the point you are trying to make. I really don't hear much banter up my way. I wonder if you are listening to some made up banter ;-)

I guess I was reading between the lines on some of the posts in this thread. It sounds like you are concerned with some depth issues on the Ohio STATE team. I understand, but I don't think you mean to bring up excuses before the two teams have even played the game. 1 or 2 or even 3 players is not a team. Urban knows that.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I guess I was reading between the lines on some of the posts in this thread. It sounds like you are concerned with some depth issues on the Ohio STATE team. I understand, but I don't think you mean to bring up excuses before the two teams have even played the game. 1 or 2 or even 3 players is not a team. Urban knows that.

Nope, no concerns on depth. I was worried about the DLine depth, but I finally saw them go two deep during the game against Wisconsin. Besides that OSU is pretty loaded with talent. They go 6-8 deep at WR, and have three very good RBs. Then add in the month to get healthy, I hear Dontre Wilson will be back for the sugar bowl. So there is another threat on offense. I still have my doubts about our QB, but he looked really comfortable with having the Big Ten Champ game being his first start. Eased my mind a bit. I never make excuses before a game. I have no need to. If OSU loses to Alabama it is because they were the better team that day. So don't go making it seem like I am. I can talk about the depth on OSU team, that is in no way making excuses because that is all part of the game. In the end if OSU loses, I can't sit back and say, oh they would have won if Barrett was in there. I have no clue, I won't assume a different outcome. The only outcome is what will happen. If they get beat then they get beat.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Found this graphic. Looks like a 59-0 conference champion win can negate a VT loss when you are only slightly ranked better than the other two teams in SOS. Well at least the SOS the committee uses. I still don't get how FSU jumps to third with a barely win over Gergia Tech. If the decision was that close from 3 to 6, then I don't get how OSU isn't 3rd since they clearly have the best win of the week. This isn't me upset because it is OSU, I'm glad to be in. I've stated before I would totally understand if they were left out. I just don't understand the logic. Clearly dropping TCU to 6, with a 50 point drumming of Iowa State the difference between those 4 teams is very very very small. Clearly interchangeable. I don't get how a 3 point win over GT bumps them ahead of OSU who had a 50+ point shut out over Wisconsin. Really if three points out weight the 50+ points then the difference wasn't that much and TCU should not have been dropped to 6th. I take the performance OSU had, with a third sting QB as a big statment. If the standings are as close as the committee said they were, then TCU should have flipped with OSU. Cause if three point win over GT was all it takes for FSU to jump to third, with both TCU and OSU putting up big wins, then FSU should have been third last week, with TCU fourth. Really the correct rankings should have been. Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, Florida State With that, can we get an 8 team playoff please. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Keep calm. Jan 1 is a gonna take a long time time get here otherwise. We have to read a lot of your posts between now and then.

Tom R.

I was stunned by Saturday's result against Wisconsin. Just didn't see that coming at all. It's a peculiar feeling for me personally. I'd written off any hope of the playoffs after the Va Tech disaster. Had Ohio State had a few other results similar in scope to the Wisconsin win, it would be an easier conversation to have with TCU and Baylor. I'm not really sure what to say to them.

None-the-less, it's a another chance for OSU to set things square (or at least closer to square) against the SEC. It's been bad enough that TTUN fans I know will be rooting for the Buckeyes here.

Keep calm. Jan 1 is a gonna take a long time time get here otherwise. We have to read a lot of your posts between now and then.

Nah, I was just ranting how the committee made some errors in their logic on team placement.

Just saying there are some inconsistencies with the committee's decisions.

On a funnier note, here is crazy Alabama fan!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!