IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love upsets! Go college football chaos!! :dance:

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate it when I'm right. :-( Felt decent about Alabama"s chances at 17 to 17 with 5 minutes left but when they fumbled the kickoff return it was all over. Congrats to Ole Miss. I would just as soon lose to them as anybody. BTW. It looks like Mississippi State just might be for real too. Good day for the state of Mississippi.

I love upsets! Go college football chaos!!

No kidding!   What a weekend!  #2, #3, #4 and #6 all go down in defeat and there are still games to be played.    It'll be interesting to see what the polls look like Monday..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Watching Auburn make a mockery of LSU..   I think it is pretty safe to say Auburn, currently at #5 just catapulted themselves to #2.    If I was Jimbo Fisher, I would start worrying.   They haven't really looked good yet and with all these other upsets, it almost seems inevitable that FSU gets a loss too....

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I think FSU will continue to win the games on their schedule. I don't think they can win a NC this year against whoever they play in the post season. Note: I also thought Oklahoma was the best team in the country this year so... ;-) It's going to be a wild ride the rest of the way and fun to watch. The egg bowl may end up being huge this year. Who would have ever thunk it? LOL #mymoney'sonmississippistate

As a Michigan Alum, I have to tolerate the ugly. I can't disagree with your comments about Rich Rod but Michigan is old money and they dictate a lot. For the money people, tradition is everything. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Money talks. Recently Donald Ross put his support behind Hoke and Brandon and for that,they will stay.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamroper60 View Post

Watching Auburn make a mockery of LSU..   I think it is pretty safe to say Auburn, currently at #5 just catapulted themselves to #2.    If I was Jimbo Fisher, I would start worrying.   They haven't really looked good yet and with all these other upsets, it almost seems inevitable that FSU gets a loss too....

I think FSU will continue to win the games on their schedule. I don't think they can win a NC this year against whoever they play in the post season. Note: I also thought Oklahoma was the best team in the country this year so... ;-) It's going to be a wild ride the rest of the way and fun to watch. The egg bowl may end up being huge this year. Who would have ever thunk it? LOL #mymoney'sonmississippistate

rebuilding year for Bama I guess. I think I need to get your opinion on some stocks I was considering....

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

They are weak in the secondary and offensive lines, plus they don't have that dynamic quarterback that can take a game on his shoulders (even though I like Sims a lot). Maybe next year if they are patient enough with Kiffin (or if somebody doesn't hire him away). They are doing some things I thought they should have done years ago but the players seem to be having a hard time picking up the system. (Plus Saban hates it). Nah, you would lose money with me picking your stocks. Oklahoma proved that today. ;-) P.S. I would still have some hope for Alabama's season if they hadn't lost Drake early in the game to injury that appeared serious. He was a nightmare matchup for defenses and can't be replaced. Wow! What an ending to the USC game.

Drake broke his leg in the game.. Out for the season.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I hate it when I'm right.

Felt decent about Alabama"s chances at 17 to 17 with 5 minutes left but when they fumbled the kickoff return it was all over.

Congrats to Ole Miss. I would just as soon lose to them as anybody.

BTW. It looks like Mississippi State just might be for real too.

Good day for the state of Mississippi.

Mississippi St seems for real, but A&M; is not ... their SC Win was against a relatively new team ... and A&M; is young, sloppy and undisciplined on the field -- very athletic but young and undisciplined.

As a note, I attended A&M; and was waiting for this since the 2nd week of the season ... playing Cupcake U for a couple of weeks does not get one ready for SEC Football. A team loses its focus, does not improve its skills, and the result is slop. My old roommate agrees. A&M; may be a Top 20 team but they'll be fortunate to be .500 in the SEC.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I know the Nittany Lions won't be competing for the title this year, they're just not good enough, but how about some love for the way James Franklin has started his tenure there... Also Christian Hackenburg (QB) seems to me that he could easily be a #1 pick in the draft after his junior or senior year. Gotta keep his head on straight tho
Titleist 910D2 Titleist 910F 19* Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW Top Flite Tour Wedge 56* Cleveland Smart Square Putter

Mississippi St seems for real, but A&M; is not ... their SC Win was against a relatively new team ... and A&M; is young, sloppy and undisciplined on the field -- very athletic but young and undisciplined.

As a note, I attended A&M; and was waiting for this since the 2nd week of the season ... playing Cupcake U for a couple of weeks does not get one ready for SEC Football. A team loses its focus, does not improve its skills, and the result is slop. My old roommate agrees. A&M; may be a Top 20 team but they'll be fortunate to be .500 in the SEC.

Yeah hard to say how anybody really stacks up in the SEC West yet. Mississippi State's win over LSU in Baton Rouge looked a little better at the time than it does now but Mississippi State does pass the eyeball test. I knew A&M;'s win over SC meant very little because SC played about as badly as they could play in that game and they aren't that good anyway.

Will be interesting to me to see how it shakes out between Auburn, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State. Auburn probably has the best team, and definitely has the best coach, but anything could happen.  Both Alabama and A&M; may each even still beat one of those teams but I doubt if either can beat both of them.

The only teams I can see possibly going undefeated at this point are Auburn and FSU. I wouldn't mind seeing a team like TCU win but I'm just hoping nobody pulls a "Notre Dame" from a few years ago and gets in the playoff when everybody knows they can't match up.

Even though they lost I'm not so sure we won't see Auburn and Oklahoma in a championship game.

Yeah hard to say how anybody really stacks up in the SEC West yet. Mississippi State's win over LSU in Baton Rouge looked a little better at the time than it does now but Mississippi State does pass the eyeball test. I knew A&M;'s win over SC meant very little because SC played about as badly as they could play in that game and they aren't that good anyway.

Will be interesting to me to see how it shakes out between Auburn, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State. Auburn probably has the best team, and definitely has the best coach, but anything could happen.  Both Alabama and A&M; may each even still beat one of those teams but I doubt if either can beat both of them.

The only teams I can see possibly going undefeated at this point are Auburn and FSU. I wouldn't mind seeing a team like TCU win but I'm just hoping nobody pulls a "Notre Dame" from a few years ago and gets in the playoff when everybody knows they can't match up.

Even though they lost I'm not so sure we won't see Auburn and Oklahoma in a championship game.

I am not sure FSU gets past ND. The defense I saw last night was one that was playing with a lot of instinct, flying to the ball. They were very active on the front line. If that defense shows up against FSU, ND has a shot to win that game. Still, FSU has an easy schedule left. The ACC is pretty weak, maybe battling the Big Ten for the weakest power 5 conference. FSU has not looked dominant as they did last year.

Auburn still has a lot on their table left.

The Current top 25

FSU

Oregon - Lost

Alabama - Lost

OU - Lost

Auburn

Texas A&M; - Lost

UCLA - Lost

Notre Dame

MSU

Ole Miss

I would see the top 10  this week as something close to this

FSU

Auburn

Ole Miss

ND

Miss State

Michigan State

Alabama

Georgia

OU

Ohio State

It's crazy, HALF the top 25 lost this week :bugout:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am not sure FSU gets past ND. The defense I saw last night was one that was playing with a lot of instinct, flying to the ball. They were very active on the front line. If that defense shows up against FSU, ND has a shot to win that game. Still, FSU has an easy schedule left. The ACC is pretty weak, maybe battling the Big Ten for the weakest power 5 conference. FSU has not looked dominant as they did last year.

The Current top 25

FSU

Oregon - Lost

Alabama - Lost

OU - Lost

Auburn

Texas A&M; - Lost

UCLA - Lost

Notre Dame

MSU

Ole Miss

FSU

Auburn

Ole Miss

ND

Miss State

Michigan State

Alabama

Georgia

OU

Ohio State

It's crazy, HALF the top 25 lost this week

You may be right. I haven't watched Notre Dame, and I'm guilty of perennially not taking them seriously on a National level, but maybe this year they prove me wrong.

My top 10 this week, which is not a projection for the future because 3 teams in my top 4 are going to lose to one another: Edit: Well actually all 5 of my top five can lose to another top 5.

Auburn

FSU

Ole Miss

Mississippi State

ND

Oklahoma

TCU

Michigan State

Ohio State

Alabama

Edit: The weird thing as I look at it is that one of my top 5 teams could lose 3 games and still be a pretty good football team.

As a Michigan Alum, I have to tolerate the ugly. I can't disagree with your comments about Rich Rod but Michigan is old money and they dictate a lot. For the money people, tradition is everything. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Money talks. Recently Donald Ross put his support behind Hoke and Brandon and for that,they will stay.

And that is likely to them from being "MICHIGAN!" again for a while.    Hanging on to the past made Notre Dame almost irrelevant for a long time after Holtz.   If Michigan isn't careful, they could end up just like them.

BTW, @saevel25 , Hoke is in his 4th season, not third, so the majority of the team should be his by this point and he isn't winning with "his" players.    He actually did better with Rich Rod's players than he is doing with his own.

The Current top 25

FSU

Oregon - Lost

Alabama - Lost

OU - Lost

Auburn

Texas A&M; - Lost

UCLA - Lost

Notre Dame

MSU

Ole Miss

FSU

Auburn

Ole Miss

ND

Miss State

Michigan State

Alabama

Georgia

OU

Ohio State

It's crazy, HALF the top 25 lost this week

Your top 10 isn't too far off from what panned out with the new polls except OSU is 15th (wishful thinking?) and Alabama and Baylor are both ahead of MSU.

ND looks good so far.   It would not surprise me if they knock off FSU and find themselves in the hunt but they have some tough, rivalry type games yet to play.   I agree the ACC looks really weak right now.   The committee starts discussing this in another 3 weeks.   It'll be real interesting to see how things play out by then.....

W A R D A M N E A G L E !

What the heck happened to LSU? I expected us to win, but not like that. Les needs to eat more grass. And find a quarterback. And maybe a defense.

As for Bama, I ain't a hater. All my poor Bama friends are beside themselves. There are going to be years like this. You can't play for the title every season. Great win for Ole Miss. Terrible about Kenyan Drake. Reminded me of Tyrone Prothro's injury. Hope it won't be as bad as that.

GameDay will be at Miss State this weekend for the Auburn game, a mere two hours from me. Alas, fate curses me into not being able to attend. So many sign ideas, so little opportunity.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!