Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valleygolfer

Why don't you change out your avatar?

53 posts in this topic

Some of the members have never changed their avatar for years. Don't you get bored seeing the same one all the time?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I used to change mine constantly. I'm a little more stable with my avatar now. Less dizzying. :-P

I rather like mine. Dr. Zoidberg playing golf. I think I set it shortly after I signed up for TST, and I don't intend to change it. Maybe if I think of something I'd like to change it [i]to[/i].

I kind of prefer it when people don't change their avatars too often, because you can quickly identify who is posting without having to look at the name.

It is a little odd when some users don't change their moderator-assigned avatars (for those who don't choose an avatar within their first 15-25 posts).

I actually have all avatars, sigs, in my bag crap turned off. So I don't know what any of yours are unless someone make special mention of an avatar.

I kind of prefer it when people don't change their avatars too often, because you can quickly identify who is posting without having to look at the name.

Yeah, that's why I stopped changing them so often. I still change it once in a while to keep things fresh. [quote name="colin007" url="/t/73035/why-dont-you-change-out-your-avatar/0_100#post_960067"]I actually have all avatars, sigs, in my bag crap turned off. So I don't know what any of yours are unless someone make special mention of an avatar.[/quote] Prick. :-D

I actually have all avatars, sigs, in my bag crap turned off. So I don't know what any of yours are unless someone make special mention of an avatar.

That might explain why you have that super creepy owl…

I kind of prefer it when people don't change their avatars too often, because you can quickly identify who is posting without having to look at the name. It is a little odd when some users don't change their moderator-assigned avatars (for those who don't choose an avatar within their first 15-25 posts).

This is why I don't change mine. I don't post enough. It would take awhile for people to get used to a new one. As of know, it is somewhat original. People can easily see "oh its just that deer guy again...moving along.."

That might explain why you have that super creepy owl…

Lol, his old avatar was a shitty old hatchback. I prefer the creepy owl. :-P

This thread's got me thinking it may be time to switch it up.

Prick. :-D

That's why you love me! [quote name="iacas" url="/t/73035/why-dont-you-change-out-your-avatar#post_960076"] That might explain why you have that super creepy owl… [/quote] Don't be jealous of my awesomesauce owl.

That's why you love me!

Yes, yes it is. There's not many guys that help me fly under the prick radar, but you're one of them! :beer:

I guess I figure people recognize my account by the avatar.

I guess I like to have new things to look at. Maybe some avatars are annoying. I get tired of seeing them and was hoping this thread would stimulate some to change. :-P Maybe I will do a @colin007 and shut them off.

I guess I like to have new things to look at. Maybe some avatars are annoying. I get tired of seeing them and was hoping this thread would stimulate some to change. :-P Maybe I will do a @colin007 and shut them off.

Well, to be honest, my reason was because there were getting to be a lot of racy avatars of scantily clad wimmins, which just would've raised more questions from the wifey than I wanted to answer. Also, I read this forum at work (a public school) so I figured I didn't need those in my browsing history...

Reading this has inspired me to change mine! I'm picking a pic of Miyamato Musahi, a famous Japanese swordsman. I have far more experience in martial arts then golf. When I picked up golf, I was amazed at the similarities between learning martial arts and learning golf. Hence the martial art theme in my avatars. (My last avatar of Kung Fu Panda is just part of my sense of humor :-D .)

[quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/73035/why-dont-you-change-out-your-avatar#post_960117"]I guess I like to have new things to look at. Maybe some avatars are annoying. I get tired of seeing them and was hoping this thread would stimulate some to change. :-P Maybe I will do a @colin007 and shut them off.

Well, to be honest, my reason was because there were getting to be a lot of racy avatars of scantily clad wimmins, which just would've raised more questions from the wifey than I wanted to answer. Also, I read this forum at work (a public school) so I figured I didn't need those in my browsing history...[/quote] good thinking

I like mine as is.  I think it is self explanatory. ;-)

I like mine as is.  I think it is self explanatory. ;-)

It explains why Colin has the avatars blocked at least...