IGNORED

Self Standing Putter

Note: This thread is 2024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Heard about it in my golf club design and repair class but just now got around to looking it up. Its called the PEGG putter. Its designed to stand by itself, allowing the golfer to stand behind it line up their putt than retake their stance, swing, and as PEGG claims "have more one putts",

http://oneputtputter.com/index.html

Not to start the anchor debate, but this seems less traditional than anchoring.

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

Curious design.  It is tradition and the video showed using a non-anchored stroke. It must be heavy though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

That broom is impressive and a must have @LBlack14 !

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

If you Google Search "Stand-up putters" or "Self-Standing Putters" you will see why this putter design is back in the news, with Ernie Els back in the top of putting stats after having been for year at the deep botton of them..He has embraced the Stand-up  design last year . Not a new designe and technology, as seen in the PEGG PUTTER website, and as mentionned in the 2014 topic here, patented by Jeff Pegg in 2010..and declared conform  to the rules of Golf by both USGA and R&A...Intersting testimonials too from people like you and me, the week-end players. If you are using one of these Stand-up putters, would be great to read your debrief ! The question is why all the big and expensives brans have not one in their catalog..

6 hours ago, Marcelo13 said:

The question is why all the big and expensive brands have not one in their catalog..

The answer could be because they think it is too 'gimmicky', whether it really is or not, that is their perception.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

• iacas changed the title to Self Standing Putter
  • Administrator

Imagine my surprise when I see that your email address is "@peggputter" @Marcelo13.

And Ernie is apparently still under contract with Bloodline. He's still on their site https://bloodline.golf heavily.

Beyond that, I second what @MrGolfguy67 had to say: it's a gimmick, and it doesn't work in little winds or more severe side-slopes, and the weighting has to be pretty funky.

7 hours ago, Marcelo13 said:

Intersting testimonials too from people like you and me, the week-end players

It's not a testimonial when you work for the company. Then it's just marketing, and I'm not a big fan of liars, man.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Imagine my surprise when I see that your email address is "@peggputter" @Marcelo13.

And Ernie is apparently still under contract with Bloodline. He's still on their site https://bloodline.golf heavily.

Beyond that, I second what @MrGolfguy67 had to say: it's a gimmick, and it doesn't work in little winds or more severe side-slopes, and the weighting has to be pretty funky.

It's not a testimonial when you work for the company. Then it's just marketing, and I'm not a big fan of liars, man.

8FBF6DA0-1ADE-4AC4-AFE0-ACEABF1BAEBC.gif.dc0c348befe97145f77b0cb4ecd36b68.gif

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Clarifications needed . 1) Did I say Ernie was playing with a PEGG PUTTER ? I simply noted he adopted the Stand-up technology and according to his sponsor , invested in it.....DOn't call people liars before understanding what they say..

2) Beyond beeing the co-owner and only staff of the brand ( I am a retired executive and engineer, and I fit and prepare my few customers putters myself) as my e-mail address which I never hide shows, I am also and above all a week-end player..Testimonials  you can read from the US, are real ones from real players , sorry !

3) Gimmicky ? I am not sure that a pro missing the cut for a bad alignment of a 3 yards putt, would say good alignment is gimmicky! But that's just a one man opinion

I never forget that Golf is just a game, and Golf Gear our toys

Have a good round, next time you all play

Marcelo 13 , since we have to have a nickname here..

Stand up putters have been around a while. My old Rail Gun Putter, one of the grarage made originals would stand up on its own. 

Funny thing is I never really thought about using it to aim a putt, or thought it was a gimmick. I just thought it was cool that I didn't have to bend over to pick it up. 😜

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Marcelo13 said:

Clarifications needed . 1) Did I say Ernie was playing with a PEGG PUTTER ? I simply noted he adopted the Stand-up technology and according to his sponsor , invested in it.....DOn't call people liars before understanding what they say...

I understand perfectly well what you’re saying and I never called you a liar.

I did point out that you were shading the truth a bit by calling yourself a regular golfer or whatever and not mentioning your direct ties to the company you were promoting.

11 minutes ago, Marcelo13 said:

3) Gimmicky ? I am not sure that a pro missing the cut for a bad alignment of a 3 yards putt, would say good alignment is gimmicky! But that's just a one man opinion

He said the putter is a gimmick. The self standing. Not that “alignment” is a gimmick.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!