IGNORED

Nike Covert Driver head dented in

Note: This thread is 3660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had just gotten it in and the first swing at the range resulted in this. I played last week for the first time this year and had a tendency to pull my hands and make contact with the ball on the toe of the driver. This was no exception short of the head responding in such a way. Should I play it like it is or look for a replacement head for my Project X 6.0 Tour 52 shaft?

What a bad week. :surrender:

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Project X 6.0 Tour 52

Nike VR-S Fairway Wood 3W Fubuki K Graphite Regular Flex

Nike VR-S Iron Set 3-PW, AW, & SW True Temper Dynalite 90 R-Flex

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

If you bought it brand new, take it back to the golf shop you bought it from and see if they'll offer some sort of warranty or discounted repair premium for it. I bought mine brand new and not enough 2 weeks into owning it, my shaft snapped when I chunked a ball. I took it back and they fixed it free of charge.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

Bought from an individual online. It was in mint shape when I received it. Nike will not do anything for me since I bought it in a such a way. sigh

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

What in the heck did you do? Holy crap I've never seen anything like that! Thats just looks like you drove your car over it or something.

And why is the plastic sticker still on it?

Call Nike Golf and tell them what happened. They will fix it, but for a fee. Better then buying a new driver.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

What in the heck did you do? Holy crap I've never seen anything like that! Thats just looks like you drove your car over it or something.

And why is the plastic sticker still on it?

Call Nike Golf and tell them what happened. They will fix it, but for a fee. Better then buying a new driver.

I swung and that's where the range ball made contact. I wasn't happy that was the way I started a relationship with a driver. i have a tendency to look at the driver and see if I can see where I made contact. My stomach dropped when I saw it. Sad times.

I think it's just the way the picture is showing. I don't think there is a sticker on it.

And I did. They didn't care. Told me they couldn't do anything since I didn't buy it from Nike.com or one of they're official retailers. Keep in mind the nearest store like that is 100+ miles. I even inquired about replacement heads, but was told they didn't sell them and that I could purchase clubs off of their website. I was/am willing to pay for a repair, but apparently that's not an option for me.

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

Well, how did you hit with it after the damage was done? If it were me, I would play it as-is unless the dent causes a vibration in the shaft that doesn't feel normal or if the club lost its pop/felt dead.

Putter:   - Zing 2

Wedge:  49° 54° & 58°

Irons:     - ADX 100; 4-10

Hybrid:  - 909H

Driver:   - '09 Burner

Bought from an individual online. It was in mint shape when I received it. Nike will not do anything for me since I bought it in a such a way. sigh

Are you sure it is not counterfeit? I have to say, I have never seen anything like that from an actual swing and it has me wondering about the manufacturing quality. Who knows. Maybe some club guys here have some repair advice, but if no good ideas emerge, take it to someone who does autobody work, they might be able to help you on the cheap. One other suggestion, at least for the range, get yourself one of the original Taylor Mades (or maybe find yourself some real wood) and work on hitting a few with that smaller head.

Most likely it's a chinese knock-off.  Very difficult to see any visible differences between 'real' and 'bogus', esp when new. The chinese are true masters of fakery as as any possible thing that can be sold for money will be faked by someone, or some factory, in china. And the reality is that the fakes are fabulous to look at.  So art work, porcelain, clothing etc that are mostly show items get the most attention but things that 'work' or are used, eg, shoes, car parts, golf clubs, also faked out.

Best advice is save the shaft use it again.  Unless you want to continue to use the driver, as is. Hell, the thing may be ok in the hands of the average golfer.

There's a bunch of Nike Covert driver heads only, on ebay. Just get one of those, and use your shaft.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xnike+covert+driver+head&_nkw=nike+covert+driver+head&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I don't think a "repair" of the head is an option due to metal fatigue and cracking.  Replace it or use it as is or make a pencil holder out of it. I vote for finding a replacement head and using the old one as an artwork piece or paperweight.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

using the old one as an artwork piece or paperweight.

This.  Matched set to go with the golf ball in your avatar.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

jesus that's insane. the only thing i can think of is that it's a knockoff. i've never seen any driver be crushed like that on the toe. good luck though, hopefully you can find a replacement

Mike

Titleist 910 D2 8.5deg Driver

Titleist 913 fd 13.5deg 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ Tour 18deg 5 Wood

Titleist 735 Irons

Titleist Spin Milled 52deg Wedge

Mizuno MP 56deg Wedge

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Putter

It's definitely crossed my mind that it could be a counterfeit, though I can't seem to find anything alerting me to it.

Does this serial number look correct?

The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine's Adams driver and I've seen more than one account of issues with these Covert drivers. Be it genuine or not, I'm none too thrilled that it happened. No...I didn't hit well with it after it happened, but that could easily be blamed on the fact that I wasn't hitting well before I started the day and that I was steaming after my first hit as well.....

I have a bid in on a replacement head on eBay. Let's hope I win that one and this golf head can accompany the petrified wood I keep on my desk in my office.

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

Instead of "Swoosh" , that's a "Swoops" or "Swooshioops". Trying to interject a little humor into a non-humorous situation. That is one if the concerns/fears I have, one bad whack can lead to a dented or cracked clubhead.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Instead of "Swoosh" , that's a "Swoops" or "Swooshioops".

Trying to interject a little humor into a non-humorous situation.

That is one if the concerns/fears I have, one bad whack can lead to a dented or cracked clubhead.

Ha!

I never would have thought that I had the force to do such. Maybe I'm just significantly stronger than I thought. :p

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

I just ended up purchasing a new one from Global Golf. It's a little more than the standalone heads on eBay, but since I don't know the authenticity of my current driver, I won't know the authenticity of a standalone head from an individual on eBay either. I'll just pull the head from the new one and probably try and sell the OEM shaft.

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

You actually allowed ignorance and paranoia here cause you to doubt it's authenticity? :-\ Tsk tsk tsk. Looks like there was more than one errant miss to the toe by the other marks. I have seen that happen on occasion all be it not very often. That was a BAAAAAD miss.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Seriously, the damage done in that first pic doesn't look like it could've been done in one hit with a ball. It looks like it hit something stationary.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!