IGNORED

Ping dampening shafts

Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For those of you that carry Ping irons in the bag do you have the dampening system in in your shafts. I guess it is an extra $5 per shaft.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

For those of you that carry Ping irons in the bag do you have the dampening system in in your shafts. I guess it is an extra $5 per shaft.

No never have

I don't think I do. What's it supposed to do?

According to PING

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What ping irons are you gaming?

S55's and i25's currently but in all the PING irons I've had I've never had the cushion inserts put in. Some guys like them.

Mike McLoughlin

I was not even aware of this option until now.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Ping has had the option for a long time...;-)

I am sure. I just don't pay much attention to these things. :D

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Ping has had the option for a long time...

I heard some guys talking about buying them and installing them in their shafts but I didn't know it had anything to do with Ping.

I suppose you could install them on any iron whether it was a Ping or not?

I am sure. I just don't pay much attention to these things. :D

I think it use to be more popular, PING doesn't promote as much either.

Mike McLoughlin

I heard some guys talking about buying them and installing them in their shafts but I didn't know it had anything to do with Ping.

I suppose you could install them on any iron whether it was a Ping or not?

You sure can. Of course, it doesn't have to be Ping's proprietary system either - Sensicore has been around for even longer. Surprised nobody has heard of either...

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30028716/true-temper-sensicore-inserts-8-pack#.

You sure can. Of course, it doesn't have to be Ping's proprietary system either - Sensicore has been around for even longer. Surprised nobody has heard of either... [URL=http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30028716/true-temper-sensicore-inserts-8-pack#]http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30028716/true-temper-sensicore-inserts-8-pack#[/URL].

That conversation I heard between the guys that were installing them may have been about the Sensicore (and probably was). I didn't hear them mention the name.

You sure can. Of course, it doesn't have to be Ping's proprietary system either - Sensicore has been around for even longer. Surprised nobody has heard of either...

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30028716/true-temper-sensicore-inserts-8-pack#.

I had the sensicore in my old TM rifle shafts from way back when..

I had the sensicore in my old TM rifle shafts from way back when..

Did you feel like it did anything?

Did you feel like it did anything?

Yep, it dampened the vibration/shock from smacking the mat to hard..lol Seriously, on off hits it did help. Funny thing was, I didn't order the sensicore, just came with my set of clubs.

Shock dampeners first became popular among senior golfers. Now, many seniors use graphite shafts in their irons and wedges, which makes Cushin and Sensicore inserts less necessary.

Also, some people who build their own clubs use strands of insulation as homemade Sensicore. Rumors persist, however, about Sensicore or the insulation strands causing rusting within shafts, as they absorb moisture.

Here's a thread from last year on "homemade" Sensicore, including a suggested "no rust" solution:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67937/anyone-make-their-own-sensicore-inserts

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!