IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It will definitely be interesting to see how you shoot once you get those g30s. I'm curious about those mizunos too, if that guy you were talking about doesn't trade you clubs I may be interested in them to try something different than my burner plus irons.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It will definitely be interesting to see how you shoot once you get those g30s. I'm curious about those mizunos too, if that guy you were talking about doesn't trade you clubs I may be interested in them to try something different than my burner plus irons.

Me too!

Do you usually know if your irons are adjusted flat or upright. The MP-60s are upright I think. You're more than welcome to give them a try.

- Shane

Mine are just standard lie, never had any adjusted.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Mine are just standard lie, never had any adjusted.

The MX-23s are 1.5* flat and I haven't had the 60s checked yet. I think they are upright from std.

- Shane

The MX-23s are 1.5* flat and I haven't had the 60s checked yet. I think they are upright from std.

I wonder if that would impact me enough to make trying them out give skewed results.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I wonder if that would impact me enough to make trying them out give skewed results.

The main things I'm looking for when trying club is how well I can feel the club head in the swing, forgiveness vs. feel, does it feel "balanced" (love that Titelist hybrid of yours), ball flight trajectory (I didn't like the extra height on the TMade irons), etc. Proper lie will keep you from contorting yourself to get the club set right at address I think. To me, it just looks better when the are right. The MP-60s are toe up when I set up now, which probably contributes to me not slouching correctly to get them set right. Just some thoughts.

- Shane

The main things I'm looking for when trying club is how well I can feel the club head in the swing, forgiveness vs. feel, does it feel "balanced" (love that Titelist hybrid of yours), ball flight trajectory (I didn't like the extra height on the TMade irons), etc. Proper lie will keep you from contorting yourself to get the club set right at address I think. To me, it just looks better when the are right. The MP-60s are toe up when I set up now, which probably contributes to me not slouching correctly to get them set right. Just some thoughts.

Technically, the toe is supposed to be up at address. I think @mvmac mentioned that before somewhere plus I saw it when I was checking out lie angle information last night.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Technically, the toe is supposed to be up at address. I think @mvmac mentioned that before somewhere plus I saw it when I was checking out lie angle information last night.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/76203/address-routine#post_1030855

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Tried a G30 and Bio Cell tonight. Was getting more distance with the Cobra. Higher launch angle and lower spin. Forgiveness seemed to be similar and the cobra had better feel at contact. Hmmm...

- Shane

Tried a G30 and Bio Cell tonight. Was getting more distance with the Cobra. Higher launch angle and lower spin. Forgiveness seemed to be similar and the cobra had better feel at contact. Hmmm...

Strange that.... That the regular Bio Cell or the +?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

My launch angle with the Cobra was a little over 15 and spin rate was a little less than 3000. I thought this was pretty good, but he was trying to get the launch angle down and reduced the loft to 8.5. Driver speed was in the lower 90s. Thoughts?

- Shane

My launch angle with the Cobra was a little over 15 and spin rate was a little less than 3000. I thought this was pretty good, but he was trying to get the launch angle down and reduced the loft to 8.5. Driver speed was in the lower 90s. Thoughts?

Optimally you would want 15-17 degrees of loft with sub 2500 rpm. Taylormade says 17 degrees at 1700 rpm. Lowering loft will take off some spin and reduce launch angle, but you may not gain distance. Maybe a different shaft might help fine tune that better.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Optimally you would want 15-17 degrees of loft with sub 2500 rpm. Taylormade says 17 degrees at 1700 rpm.

Lowering loft will take off some spin and reduce launch angle, but you may not gain distance. Maybe a different shaft might help fine tune that better.

It definitely appeared that I lost distance with the lower loft. Funny thing about these new drivers is how you can adjust them.

- Shane

Very Fowler-ish

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 2647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!