IGNORED

My Swing (CarlSpackler)

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rolled my ankle again walking the dog tonight. >=[

Getting fragile there man

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Getting fragile there man

Once you roll them, the ligaments are loose. I should be going to physical therapy, but can't afford to.

Get one of those inflatable balance disks and use it daily.  Also, when standing around, just balance on the ankle.  This will strengthen the ankle without having to go to therapy.  I have a bad left ankle and this really helps.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Get one of those inflatable balance disks and use it daily.  Also, when standing around, just balance on the ankle.  This will strengthen the ankle without having to go to therapy.  I have a bad left ankle and this really helps. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/106024/] [/URL]

Awesome, thanks!

- Shane

Awesome, thanks!

I would start with just balancing on one leg, work you way up to something like that. You'd be surprised at how many people struggle with just balancing on one leg.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I would start with just balancing on one leg, work you way up to something like that. You'd be surprised at how many people struggle with just balancing on one leg.

That was the exercise they gave me to do for my right knee which is bothering me too. If I stand on 2 feet, will that work for both? ;-)

- Shane

Perhaps the last video post of the year.

Compared to some of your earlier videos, much better with A1-4! Your hips use to slide to the right on the backswing.

Only thing I would recommend is narrowing the stance a bit, half inch to an inch on each side.

Kind of your long term issue/project here. Head goes forward on the downswing which creates a lack of axis tilt (spine is vertical instead of tilted right). This is important because the axis tilt helps you shallow out the strike and swing OUTward. If the head goes forward you'll have to shallow things out by "casting it", elbows pulling apart, chicken wing look.

On the right, weight transferring forward with the head staying steady. Note the axis tilt and amount of "lag", he's not trying to hold his wrist angles or anything, it's happening more as a reaction to some good stuff. If the head translates forward, the wrist angles will want to "throw" earlier.

It's a tough piece, I know from personal experience. You basically just have to practice it slowly. Put a piece of tape on a mirror (where your head is), take it to A4, then get the weight forward with the head staying "back". Also remember to turn the hips as they transfer forward, some people work on this by just sliding, not really a functional way to practice it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

That was the exercise they gave me to do for my right knee which is bothering me too. If I stand on 2 feet, will that work for both?

Yes.  The act of balancing uses micro movements of the muscles in the leg, ankle and feet that help strengthen weakened ligaments by adding strength to the support muscles.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Compared to some of your earlier videos, much better with A1-4! Your hips use to slide to the right on the backswing.

Only thing I would recommend is narrowing the stance a bit, half inch to an inch on each side.

Kind of your long term issue/project here. Head goes forward on the downswing which creates a lack of axis tilt (spine is vertical instead of tilted right). This is important because the axis tilt helps you shallow out the strike and swing OUTward. If the head goes forward you'll have to shallow things out by "casting it", elbows pulling apart, chicken wing look.

On the right, weight transferring forward with the head staying steady. Note the axis tilt and amount of "lag", he's not trying to hold his wrist angles or anything, it's happening more as a reaction to some good stuff. If the head translates forward, the wrist angles will want to "throw" earlier.

It's a tough piece, I know from personal experience. You basically just have to practice it slowly. Put a piece of tape on a mirror (where your head is), take it to A4, then get the weight forward with the head staying "back". Also remember to turn the hips as they transfer forward, some people work on this by just sliding, not really a functional way to practice it.

Thanks Mike. This is definitely not easy. Hopefully I can spend some quality time over the winter and break this.

- Shane

Thanks Mike. This is definitely not easy. Hopefully I can spend some quality time over the winter and break this.

Might film a 5SK drill for this today

Mike McLoughlin

Might film a 5SK drill for this today

That would be awesome. One thing I've tried over the summer was to set up a boom mic stand behind me (over my left shoulder) in a position where my head would bump it if I move it forward. I can do it slow, but speed seems to kill it.

- Shane

That would be awesome. One thing I've tried over the summer was to set up a boom mic stand behind me (over my left shoulder) in a position where my head would bump it if I move it forward. I can do it slow, but speed seems to kill it.

LOL That's basically what I'll be filming.

Mike McLoughlin

LOL That's basically what I'll be filming.

Nice. What I didn't like about using a mirror is the need to keep my head up to see the reflection, which is NOT what I need to be doing. Looking forward to seeing it.

- Shane

http://thesandtrap.com/t/61376/5sk-video-thread/252#post_1056435

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 2647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!