IGNORED

TST SoCal 2014 Summer Outing - Saturday, August 9th @ Encinitas Ranch

Note: This thread is 3537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What would you guys thing of Coronado? Obviously it'd be a bit of a drive for most of us, but I think it looks like a good course.

http://www.golfcoronado.com

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What would you guys thing of Coronado? Obviously it'd be a bit of a drive for most of us, but I think it looks like a good course. [URL=http://www.golfcoronado.com]http://www.golfcoronado.com[/URL]

Coronado is great. Busy and usually slow (course I haven't played it in 10 years, but that's how it used to be), but a fun little course!

What would you guys thing of Coronado? Obviously it'd be a bit of a drive for most of us, but I think it looks like a good course. [URL=http://www.golfcoronado.com]http://www.golfcoronado.com[/URL]

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/74334/tst-socal-2014-summer-outing/18#post_997466"] Coronado is great. Busy and usually slow (course I haven't played it in 10 years, but that's how it used to be), but a fun little course![/quote] Looks beautiful and all, but I can see it being a really tight course to play for those of us who are higher handicaps. Can we go Saturday instead of Sunday, this time around?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Coronado looks fine to me. I've been meaning to get down to San Diego too. I'd also prefer Saturday if it's in SD though.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

All for it, anyone up to going down the night before?

If no taker I will stay with family so either day is fine.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Since you guys are discussing days, I'm interested in this one and it'd definitely be easier for me to make a Saturday event vs Sunday.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Coronado works for me ;-)

As far as I know the the 9th is also good

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I know that Encinitas Ranch has been discussed as well. I'll call both next week and see what kind of price we can get and we'll decide from there.

Saturday the 9th also works just fine for me. Unless there are any objections, let's call that our day.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Who's going to come to Erie on August 16/17 to play in the event here? :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Who's going to come to Erie on August 16/17 to play in the event here? :)

This is almost tempting as I am going on business the week of the 11th in Boston. I'll loot at the plane fares to Erie, and the Erie thread.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Saturday the 9th also works just fine for me. Unless there are any objections, let's call that our day.

Seconded!

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

• 3 weeks later...

I know that Encinitas Ranch has been discussed as well. I'll call both next week and see what kind of price we can get and we'll decide from there.

Bump.

And any word from either Encinitas Ranch or Coronado?  And if either of those don't work out, I'd say maybe we throw Riverwalk into the mix as well.  Pretty nice course, and very central.

Not that anybody cares, but I'm tentatively looking at making a family weekend out of the whole thing.  We drive down on Saturday and they drop me off at the course and head to the zoo.  Stay the night at a nearby hotel, and then we'll probably head to the Wild Animal Park (we have zoo passes ;)) on the way home Sunday.

If anybody is thinking of doing anything similar, maybe we can have a family get-together dinner or something Saturday night.  (Padres are out of town, sadly, so that's not an option, and neither are the Chargers, as they play their first preseason game on Thursday night)

If hotels are too expensive, we can all crash at Mike's house and he'll make us dinner too.  Right @mvmac ?!?!?!?! :beer:

Bump.

And any word from either Encinitas Ranch or Coronado?  And if either of those don't work out, I'd say maybe we throw Riverwalk into the mix as well.  Pretty nice course, and very central.

Not that anybody cares, but I'm tentatively looking at making a family weekend out of the whole thing.  We drive down on Saturday and they drop me off at the course and head to the zoo.  Stay the night at a nearby hotel, and then we'll probably head to the Wild Animal Park (we have zoo passes ;)) on the way home Sunday.

If anybody is thinking of doing anything similar, maybe we can have a family get-together dinner or something Saturday night.  (Padres are out of town, sadly, so that's not an option, and neither are the Chargers, as they play their first preseason game on Thursday night)

If hotels are too expensive, we can all crash at Mike's house and he'll make us dinner too.  Right @mvmac ?!?!?!?!

I'm kind of looking forward to playing at Coronado., but any other course in the area will probably be nice too.

Wait, we get a stay/dinner and free lessons at Mike's house? Cool, Mike. You're the best!

BTW, I am also thinking of a family mini-vacation in SD as well. Wild Animal Park was our favorite place to go when the kids were little.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I'm kind of looking forward to playing at Coronado., but any other course in the area will probably be nice too.

Wait, we get a stay/dinner and free lessons at Mike's house? Cool, Mike. You're the best!

BTW, I am also thinking of a family mini-vacation in SD as well. Wild Animal Park was our favorite place to go when the kids were little.

Justin and myself are heading down Friday to either play or visit family not sure yet?.

If we all want to stay at the same hotel or the in same area that would be cool.

Better yet hotel mvmac, were in, Mike we do like a nice breakfast in the morning please! :dance:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Justin and myself are heading down Friday to either play or visit family not sure yet?.

If we all want to stay at the same hotel or the in same area that would be cool.

Better yet hotel mvmac, were in, Mike we do like a nice breakfast in the morning please!

If you're on a budget, may I suggest: http://hoteldel.com/

:-P

If you're on a budget, may I suggest: http://hoteldel.com/

Ha-ha I really did not know you were so funny, but if we all want to stay there were in. :whistle:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

I tried calling a little while ago and left messages at both Coronado and Encinitas Ranch. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get word back.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Justin and myself are heading down Friday to either play or visit family not sure yet?. If we all want to stay at the same hotel or the in same area that would be cool. Better yet hotel mvmac, were in, Mike we do like a nice breakfast in the morning please!:dance:

We might also visit family, but it might also be just a long day for us. Unless, we are coerced into staying at Mvmac's place.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!