IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If he keeps rolling, it may force some of the later guys to be aggressive, and with the greens getting faster that could be a bad thing.

Course still just does not have that bite to it. This is not Pinehurst. Just too many birdies going on here.

If he keeps rolling, it may force some of the later guys to be aggressive, and with the greens getting faster that could be a bad thing. Course still just does not have that bite to it. This is not Pinehurst. Just too many birdies going on here.

Well, maybe. But he's the only one taking it apart, and he's putting as if he's made some sort of deal with the Devil. And although I don't know much about the North Carolina climate, I'm guessing the course can only get faster?

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Well, maybe. But he's the only one taking it apart, and he's putting as if he's made some sort of deal with the Devil. And although I don't know much about the North Carolina climate, I'm guessing the course can only get faster?

He is one of the few guys in the field that I would say has "runaway potential." I hope he doesn't, but Kaymer has the talent to run away from the field. He's got that much talent. Let's hope for some bogeys, but it could just as easily go the other way around.

Can I change my pick to Kaymer -18 :cry:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let's hope for some bogeys, but it could just as easily go the other way around.

QFT. Another tremendous putt, 8 under.

It's going to really make it hard for the afternoon guys now because if they say -10 or -11 out there, all of a sudden you think got to be aggressive.

What's scary is Kaymer -8 and holes 1-5 which are coming are very easy. He could tear this thing apart.

I picked him to win at -9 ;-) I would score a set of winn grips and new driver.

You're kinda lookin like a genius right now...

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Cracks me up when an F bomb is dropped. Dufner's caddie quoted as saying the rake job in the bunker and Dufner's lie was "F'ing gross..". Announcer: "Dufner's caddie saying the rake job was no good. ....Said a bad word there and we apologize for that."

Saw part of the 1st round last night on the dvr and saw someone blast out of a bunker looking like they almost needed a rope to get to where the ball was, good shot.

I'd really like to play this course some day, it would be a blast.  Literally a blast because I'd be hitting from the sandy brush field a bunch (can't really call it the rough, more like a sagebrush farm field).

And hopefully my picks in the giveaway make the cut. Would be nice to see Cink make a run for it.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I like Kaymer, but a 6-shot lead? Ugh. Mahan and Donaldson just played each other's golf balls. :doh:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Here's a thought, how many frickin guys need to be inside the ropes following this group? Must be 20, right up their butts. That's gotta be disconcerting.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

That was weird seeing both guys walk back and drop. How many dropped shots for the group in one hole? I wonder what the record is.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Playing the wrong balls off the fairway? In the US Open? How does that happen?

Many have gotten off to hot starts at the US Open. Few have been able to keep it up over four days. This tournament is littered with the shattered hopes of golfers who could not adjust as the course started to show its hand. That said, Kaymer's aiming for the center of the green, and making his par putts. If he can continue doing what he's doing, he's going to have a nice lead going into the weekend.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

That was cold announcers. Not a bunch of brain surgeons, this group. Along with the USGA putting Stadler, DeJonge and Lowry in a group. Mean spirited, ya'll. Let's be nice, m'okay?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Many have gotten off to hot starts at the US Open. Few have been able to keep it up over four days. This tournament is littered with the shattered hopes of golfers who could not adjust as the course started to show its hand.

That said, Kaymer's aiming for the center of the green, and making his par putts. If he can continue doing what he's doing, he's going to have a nice lead going into the weekend.

The elite players are more likely to keep it going, like McIlroy and Tiger did. The Gil Morgans and Ricky Barnes' couldn't because they simply didn't have the talent.

If I were to guess, I'd say Kaymer is more likely to keep this going because I put him closer to that elite class. To me, he's one of the best in the world right now. I think he's got the tools to hit the gas pedal and run. I hope i'm jinxing him because I don't want to be bored to death this weekend, but I can definitely see it happening.

That was cold announcers. Not a bunch of brain surgeons, this group. Along with the USGA putting Stadler, DeJonge and Lowry in a group. Mean spirited, ya'll. Let's be nice, m'okay?

The announcers were referring to themselves, vis-a-vis their butchering of the pronunciation of Andes Etchevarria's name.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!