IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Call The US Border Patrol and tell them there is an illegal at Pinehurst.

That would work, or i can just get the jackass guy from happy gilmore. On another note, heart transplant survivor Straight Outta (Erik) Compton is one under, so that's nice.

Riley

Call The US Border Patrol and tell them there is an illegal at Pinehurst.

They're kinda busy about now.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder

I agree. Just because one guy is having an astounding first two days doesn't mean the course is set up too easy. Kaymer is plain and simply playing out of his ass and in my own opinion, has no where to go but down. I could absolutely be wrong and he could maintain a score well under par, but I don't see him flirting with -10 by Sunday.

I agree. Look no further than the 1992 US Open at Pebble Beach where during the 3rd Dr. Gil Morgan became the first player to reach double digits under par in the history of the US Open and eventually got it to -12.  He ended up the tournament at +5 while the eventual winner, Tom Kite, finished at -3.

Martin Kaymer is not Gil Morgan. But trust me, I'm hoping he implodes.

Ya' think? The point wasn't that Kaymer would implode, but that just because someone shoots a crazy 1st 36 holes in the U.S. Open doesn't mean the winning score will be anywhere near that ot that the course is playing too easy.

• Upvote 1

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

if this turns into a Kevin na, Brenton Todd and Martin kaymer battle this weekend, then I think there will be people on NBC's telecast falling asleep. Given this is their final open, I hope they have better luck.

Yeah, gonna put that one on hold until I hear experts agree with that.

That's generally the best option when it comes to anything I say... :-P

Colin P.

McDowell in terminal meltdown... should have stuck with the garish shirt.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

"Well, at least Kevin Na and Brendon Todd are making runs." - No one, ever.
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

McDowell, McIlroy and Mickelson fading. Na and Todd contending. Not sure I'm liking the way this weekend is starting to shape up.

Look for Poulter, Matsuyama and Kuchar to be there or thereabouts. And I wouldn't be too surprised to see Justin Rose continue to advance.

Anyone else experiencing big issues with the NBC broadcast? Mine keeps acting like a scratched DVD and going black/silent or becoming highly pixelated at times. It's quite distracting.

Watching these guys scrambling around the greens to save pars just emphasises how superbly Kaymer played this morning. He never looked in trouble. Extraordinary.

Note: This thread is 3355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!