IGNORED

Forgiving drivers?

Note: This thread is 3618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi In currently using a titleist 910 d2 driver at the minute but finding it hard to consistently control! Can anyone recommend any drivers which are more forgiving? I'm playing of 13 and hit a fade off the tee. Cheers

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

Callaway X Hot seems to be pretty forgiving so far. I'm a 20 hcp but I'm starting to come down a few strokes due to a more consistent tee box.

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Hi

In currently using a titleist 910 d2 driver at the minute but finding it hard to consistently control! Can anyone recommend any drivers which are more forgiving? I'm playing of 13 and hit a fade off the tee.

Cheers

Other than not being able to consistently not being able to control the drives, how do you like the 910? i was looking into piking one up. To answer your question, I've hit a lot of TM drivers and they all are nice and pretty forgiving, I would also look into the Ping G20 and G25, deppending on how much your looking to spend.

:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 Driver S-Flex Shaft 10.5* 

:ping: G25 3W 

:ping: G25 5W

:ping: G25 4H 

:callaway: 4i-PW X-Hot 

:odyssey: White out 

Ping G20

Agree with this!  I actually have a ping G20 (43.5 shaft) and loved it.  I don't get the same distance as I do with my R1, but it's a really straight consistent driver bound to find the fairway.  Great forgiveness off the tee.  I'll put it back in the back for courses where accuracy is needed over distance...

Honestly, I have more fun with the R1 but score wise, I should really be using the G20 :-)

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've found thru being able to try lot's of OEM demo's that most all of the MFG's have the driver core at it's limit so it's the look and sound that one seem to go for.

PS: the shaft is the answer.

• Upvote 1

MTIA

Jay

@mazza78 ,

I have the same 910 D2 driver in 12 loft with an Aldila Habanero stiff shaft that was fitted to me.  It is a light shaft that is mid-high launching.  I also have a G20 in 12 with a Aldila RIP beta regular shaft.  This shaft is a little heavier and higher launching.  At the range, I didn't find the G20 any more or less forgiving.  It is a good driver.  The 910 has a sound I prefer more on contact.

I recommend finding a fitter and see what the right shaft for you would be.  It may be that the shaft you have doesn't match your swing.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I am a fan of the Ping G Series also. Get fit for the shaft also. It has a lot to do with it.
  • Upvote 1

I'm a fan of my Ping G15.   I have an old Cobra SZ that I like also but that was when Cobra was Cobra.  Not sure of the new offerings as I have not tried one yet.

Butch

PS: the shaft is the answer.

I recommend finding a fitter and see what the right shaft for you would be.  It may be that the shaft you have doesn't match your swing.

I am a fan of the Ping G Series also. Get fit for the shaft also. It has a lot to do with it.

Well worth the investment to get fitted for the right shaft!!!   It will help you get longer and more accurate!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

The Cobra Bio Cell+ is pretty great: http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/cobra_bio_cell_driver_review

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!