IGNORED

Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100

Gipper
Note: This thread is 1353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went to the free range area of the local to work course yesterday, no charge to hit and shag your own balls, good way to save $5 for a bucket of balls. Well, after putting about 20+ balls into the tick infested trees and brush with my driver and then spending 30 minutes shagging the balls that I could find, I'm now thinking that $5 is actually a pretty good deal.  Going back to the regular range today, live and learn.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Ha! Just finished 9 with a single ball!  Shot a 55, but hey, no penalties.

Finishing a round with the same ball...that's an amazing feeling.  Like you've got a gold bar in your hands LOL

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

Ha! Just finished 9 with a single ball!  Shot a 55, but hey, no penalties.

Finishing a round with the same ball...that's an amazing feeling.  Like you've got a gold bar in your hands LOL

It is a great feeling. Congratulations. It is a definite milestone, and I remember the first time it happened to me. I walked away thinking how scuffed up was my ball. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

golfing tomorrow after not golfing for the last month and a half (roughly) going to a pretty challenging course (for me) i might be happy if i break 105...who am i kidding i'll be happy breaking 110.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

golfing tomorrow after not golfing for the last month and a half (roughly) going to a pretty challenging course (for me) i might be happy if i break 105...who am i kidding i'll be happy breaking 110.

How about just enjoying the round and not tallying the score until you finish the 18th hole? ;-)

Have fun. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

The last hole was a par five, and I really smacked it too.  My buddy said not to risk it, but it felt like cheating. Of course I brought out the dreaded 3 wood on the next shot and wasted the best tee shot of the day, :·( why I can't reach for the four hybrid? Two putted for a seven, but had that same ball.

Shot 51/45 yesterday with three penaltys on the front. Today was 49 but that included a two penalty eight on the last hole.

Working on not over swinging to make solid contact.  Still giving up shots in the short game. I'm breaking 50/100 but believe that I should be shooting bogey and will keep working to that goal.

How about just enjoying the round and not tallying the score until you finish the 18th hole?

Have fun.

I always wait until I finish to total stuff up. It's really funny how often I'm way off on what I think I've done. Last week, I swore I had to be 110. After adding it up it was 100 even.

Shot 51/45 yesterday with three penaltys on the front. Today was 49 but that included a two penalty eight on the last hole.

Working on not over swinging to make solid contact.  Still giving up shots in the short game. I'm breaking 50/100 but believe that I should be shooting bogey and will keep working to that goal.

Nice Jim!

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Welcome to the forums!  Nice job on the golf scores ... eliminate those penalties and you are a bogey golfer!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Played league last night and shot a 54 from the blues, one under my handicap.  Happy with that I guess, still want those 40's scores for 9 holes. :-) I had 3 blow up holes, 2 of them water balls and on the other I chunked an approach shot, left my pitch short and 3 putted. On the water ball holes, the 1st one I pushed a tee shot into a hazard; the second I pulled a 4I into a pond.  I didn't think I pushing my luck with either shot but I guess I could have teed off with an iron and on the second one left the 4I in the bag.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Went out and struggled to make solid contact for most of the round. I was playing with my grip, going back and forth between an overlap and an interlock, and on 18 finally said screw it and went back to the 10-finger I used last year before I knew anything about golf.  Managed to string together 5 pretty good shots, including an up and down from the bunker (I guess they couldn't have been that good since I was in the bunker, but hey), for a pretty satisfying bogey.  I know I have more issues than just the grip, but it was nice to finally find something that feels comfortable.  I'll be going to the range in the morning to try to work everything out.

It's too bad this game is so addicting because it's really damn frustrating! ;-)

-Bryan

Bag: TM Superfast Driver, TM Burner '08 3W, GigaGolf Irons, Yes! Sandy Putter

Went out and struggled to make solid contact for most of the round. I was playing with my grip, going back and forth between an overlap and an interlock, and on 18 finally said screw it and went back to the 10-finger I used last year before I knew anything about golf.  Managed to string together 5 pretty good shots, including an up and down from the bunker (I guess they couldn't have been that good since I was in the bunker, but hey), for a pretty satisfying bogey.  I know I have more issues than just the grip, but it was nice to finally find something that feels comfortable.  I'll be going to the range in the morning to try to work everything out.

It's too bad this game is so addicting because it's really damn frustrating!

Yes, these seem to go hand in hand. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I can't get comfortable with an overlapping grip or the interlock, so I have stuck with the modified baseball grip. It feels comfortable and I don't think I'm sacrificing distance or accuracy (the only 2 things most golfers care about)

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

I can't get comfortable with an overlapping grip or the interlock, so I have stuck with the modified baseball grip. It feels comfortable and I don't think I'm sacrificing distance or accuracy (the only 2 things most golfers care about)

hmmm....

How do you know that you're not sacrificing distance or accuracy?

Once you get acclimated to the "proper" golf grip it may make a big difference in  your game.

Do you know any top player on the PGA, or the Web.com, tour who uses the baseball grip?

Just saying....

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

hmmm....

How do you know that you're not sacrificing distance or accuracy?

Once you get acclimated to the "proper" golf grip it may make a big difference in  your game.

Do you know any top player on the PGA, or the Web.com, tour who uses the baseball grip?

Just saying....

touche'

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Note: This thread is 1353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!