IGNORED

Do you stop for snacks at the turn?

Fourputt
Note: This thread is 3608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you stop?

• No, I bring my own.
    • Sometimes, but only to grab a drink.
    • Yes, usually, but just a candy or granola bar.
    • I grab a hot dog and a Coke, then eat when the flow of play allows.
    • I play at a private club where I can stop for a sit down lunch.
    • I do what I want, take as long as I want and don't care if it bothers anyone else
    • My course has a call phone on the 9th (or 8th) tee and I just pick it up on my way to the 10th tee.

Generally, I bring just water and/or a drink. If the pace of play is pretty fast, and I'm off the 18th hole within 3 hours. The fastest round with a cart was a little under 2 hours, and I still had to wait sometimes.

However, my feeling is that snack bars exist for a reason.

Even though it is rare that I get an actual lunch. When I do it is usually a burger and fries which takes about 6-7 minutes to prepare. I usually ask if I can putt out, then get the food ordered. By the time I have teed off the 10th hole, the food is ready for pickup and we did not cost the party behind us any time at all. One might argue that we play slower, but since most of my partners are fast players we usually end up waiting at all the tee boxes. The food is usually gone before the 12th tee, and we are replacing time we would be just sitting around swinging our clubs with eating.

Sometimes I also bring hard boiled eggs, cold cuts and other assorted snacks including peanut butter granola bars.

Damn dude, I need to play in your group. Then again, with all of that food I would probably be asleep in the cart!

I played with some older guys on Tuesday mornings when I had a schedule that allowed me to play in the mornings. These guys would craft some breakfast sandwiches that were fit for kings. I'm talking uncut italian bread, cut in half to form two sides of bread, stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon, green onions, bell pepper and cheese. I don't know how you guys pack away all of that food on the course lol.

I get a hot dog at the turn and a few beers and I'm good for several hours after that. 80% of the time I regret the hot dog too, especially if it's really hot out. I find it hard to eat when it's 90°+.

There are times when I see people stopped at the turn and nobody seems to mind. The private course I play usually has a tent out on 10 tee holiday weekends in the summer. I've seen everything from a commercial smoker out there to a soft serve ice cream machine. Pretty much everyone stops and it takes as long as it takes. Nobody behind is pissed because they stop too. Sometimes being able to stop for a minute is nice.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Damn dude, I need to play in your group. Then again, with all of that food I would probably be asleep in the cart!

I played with some older guys on Tuesday mornings when I had a schedule that allowed me to play in the mornings. These guys would craft some breakfast sandwiches that were fit for kings. I'm talking uncut italian bread, cut in half to form two sides of bread, stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon, green onions, bell pepper and cheese. I don't know how you guys pack away all of that food on the course lol.

I get a hot dog at the turn and a few beers and I'm good for several hours after that. 80% of the time I regret the hot dog too, especially if it's really hot out. I find it hard to eat when it's 90°+.

That's because we don't swing that fast. :-$

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I rarely stop because I pack my own snacks, usually trail mix and beef jerky, but I will stop on a hot day for a Gatorade if the one I brought is done (or hot). I never really liked eating a meal at the course. I eat slowly and I walk, so there's just no place to put it down.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I voted for the one you put there for me just for fun. I usually start with a salad, then a steak and potato with a glass of wine, some desert of course after all I am not an animal. Then when I am done I usually tie all the rangers up in a shed and start hitting balls into as many groups as possible. If someone complains I go to the parking lot and break every car's windows to make sure I get the car of the guy who complained. Then light the clubhouse on fire and go home.

I presume a nice red wine.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

At our course if you wanted steak and a potato you could get it. Call on the 8th tee and the entire menu is available.

Dave :-)

Never, I always bring snacks with me.

Same for me, plus I play early mornings, hotdog and a beer at 8:30am is not very appealing!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Same for me, plus I play early mornings, hotdog and a beer at 8:30am is not very appealing!

That depends on your background and work schedule! When I worked manual labor for 12-16 hours per day, I used to get off at really strange hours. While most people were waking up at 4:30 and 5 AM, I was getting off of work and my buddies and I would stop at a bar up the road from our workplace which catered to the industrial parkway (full of Fortune 500 companies and many large automotive suppliers). We'd step right in and order up some steak and eggs, beers and mixed drinks before heading home to shower and sleep for a few hours and go right back to it. Of course, I was 21 and had an iron kettle for a stomach and mixing rum, vodka, craft beer and jager with eggs and steak at 5 AM didn't bother me. The thought of that now makes the hair on my arms and neck raise up lol.

I can, fortunately, still do a hot dog and a beer at 8 AM with no issue.

I went with "never."  I typically tee off around 630 am, which doesn't really lend itself to snacking.  Sometimes I'll bring almonds or a cliff bar or something.  Usually nothing.

Actually, I just pulled a nasty looking apple out of my bag this weekend, so I guess I've brought fruit, too.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Although I voted "Grab a dog and Coke", most of the time I don't stop for anything more than a soda.  I may not even do that if the beverage cart passed by near the 6th or 7th hole.  I mostly drink water when I'm on the course anyway.  All of the courses I normally play have water available 5 or 6 point around the course, so I just take my water bottle and fill it as necessary.  MOst of the time I play around mid morning, and then have a late lunch after the round.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Didnt have the real answer so i went with *sometimes.*

My club has cart girls out 95% of the time I play (the only exception is when I go out immediately after a ton of rain.) All i have during my round is beer.

If playing a course without cart girls, i will run in at the turn to load up on beer for the back, but that rarely takes more than a minute unless the person working is a turtle.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Note: This thread is 3608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!