IGNORED

Tiger Woods Announces Return Date, Will Play At Congressional

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 3585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I haven't been this excited about a golf tournament since the last time Tiger played in one.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ya I was watching the golf channel earlier, before they started coverage for the Travelers, and they showed his announement. I thought I heard it wrong. I'm like WTF? Tiger is back next week already? He just had surgury. I figured he would lucky to make the PGA.

He just reported that he was making full swings, and now all sudden he's in next week.

I just hope he's feeling better, and the doctors are good with his condition.

I'm not a Tiger lover, but I do like to watch him when he starts lighting it up.

Lets see, whats better. Tiger winning the US Open by 6 shots, or watching Kaymer win it by 6 shots?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I wonder if the ratings will be higher than the US Open. I doubt it, but I guess it's possible. Edit: I just looked at the ratings for some of the non-majors Tiger was in - the ratings will most likely be higher, but only if he is in contention.

You shut your ***** mouth if you know what's good for you.... :-D :-P ;-)

:-$

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Tiger's fans can't wait for him to tee it up at Congressional, his sponsors can't wait, the media can't and Tiger can't wait. But be careful what you wish for - Tiger is returning from back surgery from just a few months ago and let's not forget surgery of his knee on three occasions. It's far too quick of a return to competition in my eyes.

Great news, hope he stays healthy, golf needs him.

Yes it does, the staying healthy part has become such an issue now that unless he has at least a 5 year window of good health breaking Jacks record may be beyond him with players like Martin Kaymer and up and comers like Speith also.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

His Foundation needs income, he needs competitive golf in front of the Brit Open and Quiken can help with his taxes.  He knows the course well, won\t take any risky shots. I predict he will make the cut but tie for 14th.  He won't spend much time signing caps during the day and will rest at night.

So he'll play Congressional, British Open, WGC Bridgestone, PGA. He'll have to play well in at least 2 of those events or get a win to make the playoffs.

Tiger's fans can't wait for him to tee it up at Congressional, his sponsors can't wait, the media can't and Tiger can't wait. But be careful what you wish for - Tiger is returning from back surgery from just a few months ago and let's not forget surgery of his knee on three occasions. It's far too quick of a return to competition in my eyes.

I also think Tiger may be rushing his return a tad. I sure hope he is in fact o.k. to play, but I have a gut feeling, he should wait.

Is it possible he's just doing this to help out his new sponsor? Get people to buy tickets and build up the hype, then he'll state on Wednesday that he felt some pain on the range and pull out. Nah, he wouldn't do that... Or would he?

So he'll play Congressional, British Open, WGC Bridgestone, PGA. He'll have to play well in at least 2 of those events or get a win to make the playoffs.

I'm going to go ahead and say that Tigs doesn't really care about the "playoffs"...

Colin P.

[quote name="colin007" url="/t/75323/tiger-woods-announces-return-date-will-play-at-congressional/30#post_1008789"] I'm going to go ahead and say that Tigs doesn't really care about the "playoffs"...[/quote] Incidentally, that's also what Tiger needs for Tom Watson to pick him for the Ryder Cup squad.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I hope he plays well. It would be really cool to see that.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Barring health issues, you don't think he'll add 1-2 more events since he's already missed 4 or so this year?

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Note: This thread is 3585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!