IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

Back to swinging again. I actually played yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks or so. Swung at 70% without pain. Played pretty well too.

I filmed my swing today to see if there were any changes and surprisingly, it looks about the same. Below are driver and 6 iron at about 80%.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Back to swinging again. I actually played yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks or so. Swung at 70% without pain. Played pretty well too.

I filmed my swing today to see if there were any changes and surprisingly, it looks about the same. Below are driver and 6 iron at about 80%.

Set up and swing looks good man.  Driver looked solid.  To me, iron looked like you weren't committed in that you looked like you didn't hit down and through it.  Looked like you backed out of it on the downswing.  The ball took off well right of zero (I know you probably play a draw though).  I would like to see more commitment to hitting down on the ball, getting the head to continue down even after contact.  Like the head is going down the hula hoop to the ball and continues down before coming up and left.  Right now, it looks like you're trying to be shallow too much and you have the sling ball going.  Hit down on the ball and mash it.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Set up and swing looks good man.  Driver looked solid.  To me, iron looked like you weren't committed in that you looked like you didn't hit down and through it.  Looked like you backed out of it on the downswing.  The ball took off well right of zero (I know you probably play a draw though).  I would like to see more commitment to hitting down on the ball, getting the head to continue down even after contact.  Like the head is going down the hula hoop to the ball and continues down before coming up and left.  Right now, it looks like you're trying to be shallow too much and you have the sling ball going.  Hit down on the ball and mash it.

Yeah irons were causing pain at impact, so I think I am still a little sheepish on mats. I need to find a grass range to work on things.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Yeah irons were causing pain at impact, so I think I am still a little sheepish on mats. I need to find a grass range to work on things.

You look good though man.  That's no 12 swing.  🙂 

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I like the way you drop your hands at transition into a slightly flatter plane.  Very pro-like.  Sergio would be proud of you.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I like the way you drop your hands at transition into a slightly flatter plane.  Very pro-like.  Sergio would be proud of you.

Gracias.

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Good to see - when we playing? 🙂

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On 9/29/2020 at 4:19 PM, RFKFREAK said:

Good to see - when we playing? 🙂

Maybe in later October. I’m still in RI waiting for contractors to finish their work and RI is still on the COVID quarantine list for MA. Where were you thinking of playing? Springfield is about 1 1/2 hours from where I live in MA. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Maybe in later October. I’m still in RI waiting for contractors to finish their work and RI is still on the COVID quarantine list for MA. Where were you thinking of playing? Springfield is about 1 1/2 hours from where I live in MA. 

Oh, I'd defer to you as to courses as you're probably more familiar with them than I am.

I did play a course about 30 minutes northeast of Springfield at Cold Springs Country Club which was really nice but it's real hilly so it was quite a walk. :-$

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a new piece to be more dynamic and pick up some swing speed. I started Super Speed training again, but my Evolvr instructor added a new feel and dynamic. He wants me to channel Henrik Stenson and some LD swingers and shift my weight back a bit from 1 to 2. From 2 to 4, I am to get taller and get more weight on my right side and unweight my left foot letting it come up off the turf. Nicklaus did this part. Then from 3.5 to 5 let the weight fall back on my left side. From 5 to 7, push up on the left side. The swing is longer and more dynamic. Below is a driver with this feel. It is only been a couple of sessions, but it doesn’t feel awkward. I does feel a bit faster. I measured swing speed with a radar at the end of this session and hit 101 twice, 97 twice and mid 90s. This is faster that I have been getting before.

This will take some more practice for sure and I will need to take it to the course as well.

P.S. That is not my backhoe/excavator. It belongs to the landscaper who didn’t show up yesterday or today. The keys are in it. Anyone need a backhoe? 😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been driving the ball a lot better the last two rounds. I’ve had drives range from 220 to even 260. Yesterday I had an uphill drive of ~250. I’ve worked on ball position having the ball at my front big toe. This has been taking off spin and launching higher. I lower the loft on my driver as well. Below is a practice from two days ago.

Long irons haven’t been as good though. I am missing left with too much draw. I will work on ball position there as well. Short irons have been DOBA, especially with 3/4 swings. Yesterday my 3/4 9 iron and PW were spot on target. I feel like I am not hitting down enough on the long irons and coming in shallow, but this swing is better.

• Like 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

Working on an additional piece from my latest Evolvr lesson. Trying to reduce early extension a bit. My instructor likes the way I’m going and feels the last changes are producing a more dynamic swings. Certainly my driver has been performing better than it has in years. 

The add-on is to maintain my spine angle a bit longer from A4 to A5.5. He still wants me to shift back slightly and get taller in the backswing. But instead of just falling on my left side from A3.5 to A5, I am keeping the spine angle and rotating more. Below, I am exaggerating the feeling. The end result is less shallowing and less in to out. My misses are overdraws.

Below are a 7 iron and 4W swing. Making some progress. It is a pretty easy feel/swing thought too. I’m also trying to hit down a bit more with the irons. The resolution is off a bit due to low light conditions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

New drill that works on having my right knee move more toward the target and not towards the ball. My Evolvr instructor suggested I make a training aid to do this. I used a shaft and drilled a hole in a wood block so the grip would be at knee level.

I used the feel of banking my right foot and sliding my right knee toward the target.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

Still working on reducing early extension. I have been doing this right knee feel drill with and without the shaft. I also work with the feel of having my left hip go around and up. I also noticed my head goes back and up from A5 on, so I use the feel of trying to steady my head through to contact. It doesn’t eliminate it, but does reduce it.

Full 6 iron

Below is a fantastic drill that will guarantee you drop 12 strokes a round.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

What did your dog do?  Leave you an eraser for your scorecard?

It’s my neighbor’s puppy. She is an excellent coach!

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

@boogielicious only posted the dog for the Instagram hearts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread