IGNORED

My Swing (NatalieB)

NatalieB
Note: This thread is 736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 7/17/2017 at 9:39 PM, iacas said:

Her 79 today was from 5200 yards. Par 72, 71.2/123.

The 84 last week when she won outright was 5500 yards, par 73, 73.6/134.

She shot 80 at Harbor Ridge and lost in a scorecard playoff last week, too… 68.6/114.

Differentials were… 6.9, 8.4, and 10.8. She shot 79 at a 5300 yard 72.9/124. That would have been a 5.3 differential.

@NatalieB - I'm not the least bit ashamed to say you'd beat me like a drum. It won't be long until I'm not the only one. It's probably in due to this type of attitude...

On 7/3/2017 at 9:00 PM, NatalieB said:

I have to re-focus a little. I hit some good shots, but I hit more bad shots than I should right now and I can see compared to when my swing was good in January why that is.

....instead of being satisfied with your successes, you get right back to improving. Some of us can learn from that post.

Keep up the good work!

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

• Upvote 1

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/nataliebrosiggolf/
Visit my website! https://natalie.golf ** NEW **

Driver: :ping: G400, 10.5°
5-Wood: :ping: G400, 17.5°
Hybrids: :ping: G400, 4H (22°), 5H (26°)
Irons: :ping: G400, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, GW
Wedges: :ping: Glide 2.0, 54°, 58°
Putter: :edel: Custom 29"

Well, I got an official handicap index.

5993638aba940_2017-08-1510_47_02.thumb.png.7558ff8ad3e139afe73d2864b1c3f30b.png

@iacas says this puts me in the top 5% or so of female golfers that have handicaps. I think that's pretty cool! He's pretty proud of that and says I should be as well. I am pretty happy about it.

I have had some ups and downs this year. I shot 79 at a tough course, but shot 100 (though the weather was not the greatest), as well. My average score was about 85.3, and that is with a 100 and another high score in there.

I don't know if this makes me single digits since my course handicap is often going to be 10 or 11, but hopefully next summer I will be a definite single digit golfer any way you calculate it.

High school matches start Thursday. I actually play in HS matches Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday. I am the #2 or maybe the #1 girl on the team my first year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 4

Congratulations!

How did the Drive, Chip, and Putt sub-regionals go this past weekend?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awesome job! Good luck with your High School matches!! 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Amazing.   That is so impressive.   You should be proud of your accomplishments.  Good luck with school golf season.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Very exciting.   Is your team a 4 person team and you take the best three scores?  How does it work?  I'm unfamiliar with school competition.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Very exciting.   Is your team a 4 person team and you take the best three scores?  How does it work?  I'm unfamiliar with school competition.

This year for some reason they're counting just three scores. Maybe they're having trouble getting some teams with four semi-competent golfers? At some events they'll take five players, but I think they're counting three scores all year.

She's playing today again so I hope you don't mind me answering for her.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

This year for some reason they're counting just three scores. Maybe they're having trouble getting some teams with four semi-competent golfers? At some events they'll take five players, but I think they're counting three scores all year.

In Ohio, it is teams of 4 with all four counting. With agreement between coaches they can do teams of 6 and count the best 4 scores

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

They have 10 on the team here and the top 5 count.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
4 hours ago, TN94z said:

They have 10 on the team here and the top 5 count.

Ten? You play all ten kids? How do some kids get ten kids to play golf? The girls team has… 7, I think?

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

When I played HS golf and we played 5 with the top 4 counting.

We played six with all six counting, but we played a weird form of a nassau for four points per match.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Ten? You play all ten kids? How do some kids get ten kids to play golf? The girls team has… 7, I think?

The boys have 10 players. The girls team has 5-7 (I'm unsure about the girls). What happens is with home matches, all 10 players play but only top 5 scores count because some schools only have 5 players. When they have away matches, only the top 5 get to go. It's actually good this way because the top 5 players know they can't slack off or their spot may be taken by one of the non-top 5 players.

Bryan A

• Administrator
1 hour ago, TN94z said:

The boys have 10 players. The girls team has 5-7 (I'm unsure about the girls). What happens is with home matches, all 10 players play but only top 5 scores count because some schools only have 5 players. When they have away matches, only the top 5 get to go. It's actually good this way because the top 5 players know they can't slack off or their spot may be taken by one of the non-top 5 players.

Then it's five play and five count.

It'd be incredibly unfair to get to play more players than other teams can field and count the top five scores out of ten while other teams only have five or six.

Not really the topic here though.

:offtopic:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Then it's five play and five count.

It'd be incredibly unfair to get to play more players than other teams can field and count the top five scores out of ten while other teams only have five or six.

Not really the topic here though.

:offtopic:

Agreed. But there is a school or two in the area that also have 10....that's why I worded it that way. Sorry for the off topic

Bryan A

Shot 85 today at VFW in Hermitage. Did okay. Nothing bad really just lots of bogeys.

Super mad right now. I am boiling because Alex Wagner is a Mercyhurst Prep senior and I kept her score because we were close but I wasn't her marker. She shot 88 and said she shot 85 right after I said I shot 85. You can see the erase marks on the scorecard. I tried to talk to her and the other girl about it but the other girl doesn't care because she shot 106 so she just agreed and I can vividly remember every hole and the score that she got. Instead she's like "no I had a 4" when she had a 5. The Mercyhurst coach came over and was like "you didn't have her card so you probably heard wrong." One of my teammates said Alex is known for cheating and I know I wasn't wrong.

To add insult to injury she just won the scorecard playoff for 7th. I'm almost went off. I was shaking. I was so mad there was steam coming out of my ears. My coach talked to the director and the Mercyhurst coach and they didn't do anything about it.

My mom says I should write an email to the Mercyhurst Prep principal and see what that can do. Probably nothing.

So pissed right now.

Note: This thread is 736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!