IGNORED

whats you spread? high vs. low score of 2007

thumper07
Note: This thread is 6079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the better question might be: what's your anti-handicap versus your real handicap?

I had never actually figured mine out, but it's 21.7. I am currently at 16.9.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Low - 73 - .7 Differential
High - 83 - 8.8 Differential
Hdcp - 1.6
Anti-hdcp - ~4

In My Bag:
905T 9.5* w/Graffalloy Blue - D8
Maltby Trouble Out 13* 3+-Wood w/ Aldila NV - D4
HALO 1 Hybrid w/S400 Steel - D4
Maltby M-05 Forged 3-PW w/ Rifle 6.5 - D4 Vokey Oil Can 52* 56* 588 RTG DSG Bioniks Rl 209 Putter (400 grams) E5+

I think the better question might be: what's your anti-handicap versus your real handicap?

15.55 vs 21.83.

Note my GHIN is 14.8. to get the above numbers I added the 10 rounds diff from GHIN, and then divided by 10. not sure how else to get the anti....
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

lowest was even par 72, just a great day on the course... one of the few rounds this summer on a true class course. highest was 100, at my friends small private 9 hole course. they had the stupidest out of bounds rules I have ever seen, like crossing fairways... I think I had 7 OB balls, but not a lost ball... like hitting into another fairway or onto a small maintence road. I was pretty angry.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

85 for a low this year. 101 for a high. The slope on the course that I shot the high number is 132 from the white tees. That course ate me alive and spit me out.

I'm looking forward to trying it again though. I know I can do better (at least I hope)
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

This year I've only played seven times, with my best being 69 and worst being 76. I spent a lot of the year helping my two youngest children with their games. Hopefully next year I'll get out a little more.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

My season goes from Sept 1 to Aug 31 (Don't ask why. It just does.) This is the first season since I have started five years ago that I did not earn a career round. My best round ever is an 82 on a 6300 yard Par 72 69.6/119 course a year ago July. The first part of my season from September to November I played pretty well. I don't keep track of stuff from November through February. March through early June I was up and down earning a 79 on a par 65 4800 yard course. The best I shot on a "regulation" 6000/72/113 course was a 91 in June. Than the wheels fell off. I carded everything from several 50's on 9 holes to a rough 113 with several ESC holes thrown in. I simply crashed and burned. I am just now getting out of the funk, primarily due to overswinging. Penalty shot strokes though are still currently an issue as I averaged 3.5 strokes lost due to penalties last season. Splitting it out before June the average was 2.1. June on it was 4.8. No one said the game was easy. If it was I doubt anyone would be playing it.

really dumb question-- how do you calculature your anti-handicap? (keep in mind my 10 high rounds were at 8 different courses).

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

• Administrator
really dumb question-- how do you calculature your anti-handicap? (keep in mind my 10 high rounds were at 8 different courses).

Same way you calculate your handicap, but instead of using your low 10 scores of 20, you use your worst 10 scores of 20. If you're a 3.1 index you probably already know about course rating, slope, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

first round this year--119

last week (low score)--89

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

Played in a bunch of golf matches this year... worst 18- 83, best- 71... worst 9-hole match- 41, best- 34(2x).

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

low 68
high 87

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Low 78
High 89

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Interesting question, because I have the opportunity to play a variety of courses in different countries and areas. I normally play in Florida, which is not known for its changes in ekevation, so they make up for it with water and bunkers. But ob the majority of courses they have side by side fairways so you can hit an errant shot and still recover easily from one and sometimes two fairways over. I also had the opportunity to play some mountain courses in British Columbia where an errant shot right or left usually resulted in a lost ball penalty and the chance to be eaten by a bear. I also played in Scotland where the rough was up to my belly button and the sand traps were as difficult to climb into as they were to hit out of.
My low in Florida is a 76, my high is 88. In Britsh Coulmbia 88 and 98. In Scotland I played three courses (Old, New,Dufftown)83,83,83.
That's the wonderful thing about gold, every course is unique, whether it's a cow pasture in middle America or a resort course in Maui, if your game is on you can conquer them all, if not you come back tomorrow.
That's also why the USGA's ESC is baloney, it's a disservice to golf.

Note: This thread is 6079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!