IGNORED

What time do you prefer to tee off and why?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What time do you prefer to tee off?

• Early morning.
    • Late morning.
    • Noon.
    • Afternoon.
    • Twilight.

Weekends, I want out there as early as possible. On weekdays, early afternoon Monday thru Wednesday is the slow time here, Thursday and Friday are almost like weekends... usually busy all day. Tuesday about 1:00 PM is usually about as slow a time as there is....

I used to get to the course on weekends at 3:00 AM to get that first tee time. Now they will reserve all times from the start, so arriving early isn't a guarantee of a good starting time. I'm in a good position though, since I work as a starter on the course, I have access to the reservation system and can make tee times for what works best for me. I still don't make them ahead of what the public can, but I can look over the entire week ahead and make my plans accordingly.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The earlier the better. I play at one of the busiest municipal golf courses in the nation. If you don't tee off in the first two hours of the day you are guaranteed to have huge amounts of hacks in front of you and a 5 hour round.
Plus its just nice being out early in the morning. Its cooler, the course is beautiful, and I can be home with my family by noon so I can spend time with them.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guest ShadowXOR

I guess I didn't think about that...I've only lived in very cool climates (Seattle, WA, and an beach town in Southern California) so I guess the morning is very important for people where it gets hot. That must be the reason it is so popular, I don't see why else people would get up so early.

Early morning is best, you wake up, play 18 and finish at 11:00. You still have the whole day ahead of you to do other things

I agree 100%!! That way the wife is happier and I get to hang with my kids and go do other fun stuff.

But the bottom line is I get up at 4am for work, so I have my internal clock that wakes me in a panic by 5am. So I'm up already and wide awake. Lets get the day going and not waste any day light. Not to mention it gets to be like 105* by noon here in the 3 hot summer months. Rest of the year is perfect for Golf!!

• 7 months later...
I LOve being the first one out in the morning, having no one in front of me and playing a fast round. It is sometimes difficult to wake up but it's worth it to me. Then I'm home in time to do things with the family

I play my best at around 10 a.m. tee time. Too early and I am still just getting going 3 holes in. Grab lunch at the turn and I am good and right on schedule. Home eat dinner, perfect.

Plus those 6-7 a.m. times throw my bathroom timing off and I hate droppin the morning deuce at the club. Rather my own throne if ya get my drift.

afternoon. im most awake :)

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I prefer early morning, when you finish, you can go around again, but I tend to play around noon or late afternoon.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

i like morning rounds, but i mostly go out after class and play twilight with a couple buddies, which is okay too.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Early morning for me. I just like the atmosphere at a golf course during the first part of the day. The dew, certain ways sunlight hits the course, generally no or low wind, and the idea of a new beginning... until I get through the first hole, then my new beginning quickly becomes the same old story.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I guess I didn't think about that...I've only lived in very cool climates (Seattle, WA, and an beach town in Southern California) so I guess the morning is very important for people where it gets hot. That must be the reason it is so popular, I don't see why else people would get up so early.

Reporting from Ohio, it's the same thing for me here.

I like around 10. No dew. No fog. I lived in Boca Raton for 2 years. In the summers there, it was tee off around sunrise or forget it.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

if you start at 12 in the summer time it is not uncommon in perth for it to be 100* F or 37*C, meaning mornings rule.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

In New York, unless you belong to an exclusive and expensive private club i.e. Westchester CC/Scarsdale CC/Century Club, you had better go in the afternoons to play on the weekends and in the mornings on the weekdays.

Mon-Fri, i get out to golf around 10:30-11:00. Since my modeling job provides a lot of free time, these days are the best for me to play.

Weekends though, everyone tries to get out the earliest, with some dudes getting to the course at like 7 AM. That's just silly in my opinion. Get to the course post 2:30 PM and it will be clearing out and you'll have plenty of sun left for your round.

I love to tee off around 6:45 in the morning. When you get on the greens there is still the dew so you can see how the group before have putted and can get a good read of the green. =]

I notice everybody likes the early morning play, especially the better players. which is why i try to play as late as possible

If the commitment is not there, it's time to walk away -Larry Flynt-

I definately prefer the twilight rates. I'm not a big fan of getting up early but I will for golf.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!