IGNORED

MIzuno Releases MP-15 at Open Championship

Note: This thread is 3306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't see this coming.  Not much information or any official press release just yet aside from this link.

http://www.mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t;=23840&p;=104006#p104006

They look excellent and look like they are going to replace the MP-59.  The titanium insert and design looks like there's going to be a lot of perimeter weighting which obviously means more forgiveness while still looking like a players iron.

Should be interesting!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I didn't see this coming.  Not much information or any official press release just yet aside from this link.

http://www.mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t;=23840&p;=104006#p104006

They look excellent and look like they are going to replace the MP-59.  The titanium insert and design looks like there's going to be a lot of perimeter weighting which obviously means more forgiveness while still looking like a players iron.

Should be interesting!

OOOH upgrade from my MP-59's!!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They released these at Pinehurst? I didn't notice.... Lol. British Open.... Sexy. I'm down with almost all mizuno irons.

Colin P.

These cast irons?  If not forged, i won't touch them.

Lol!! There's a very good chance you'd never be able to tell between a forged and a cast iron...

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

• Administrator

Lol!! There's a very good chance you'd never be able to tell between a forged and a cast iron...

More like a virtual certainty. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Other than the shiny finish, they look a lot like the new Cally Apex Pro irons.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Correct, pretty much NO chance....

Other than the shiny finish, they look a lot like the new Cally Apex Pro irons.

They do.  I'm very curious about the forgiveness while still being a "players"  MP iron.  This will probably be a replacement to the Mp59 and more forgiving.  One thing about Mizuno, I love their irons but man do I dislike their naming sequence.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Correct, pretty much NO chance....

They do.  I'm very curious about the forgiveness while still being a "players"  MP iron.  This will probably be a replacement to the Mp59 and more forgiving.  One thing about Mizuno, I love their irons but man do I dislike their naming sequence.

I would say that on center hits there is hardly any difference. I would claim more difference is made with the type of grip you use, and the type of golf shaft installed. A lot goes into feel.

Though, I will say that on off-center hits, more forgiving clubs are softer. Just because the sweet spot is bigger, so it naturally will feel like a more solid hit. That is the reason I like less forgiving irons, I can really tell if I toed one or not.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If casted and forged iron are the same, how do you explain this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ6kzTx2syU

Good marketing......aimed at people who are generally ignorant about the process by which irons are made.

Given a quality forged club and a quality cast club of the same type, very few if any people can tell the difference.  They're simply different manufacturing processes that ultimately accomplish pretty much the same thing.

By the way......I play high quality forged irons too.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I personally don't think that you can feel a difference at impact between a forged or a casted club. But I don't know if they sound different at impact and how much this sound really affects the player...

Does anyone have any history about Mizuno? I really like the looks of their clubs seen the commercials ect. But the last I have heard of Mizuno since recently in golf was...that was the baseball bat I used back in Jr. High

Its not the dreams in the recesses of you mind, its the approach and how you go at it Roddy

Does anyone have any history about Mizuno?

It's a long shot, but maybe if you typed "Mizuno history" in Google you'd get some results. Unlikely, but possible.

Do you have a friend who has  computer? Maybe they could do that for you if you wrote them a letter asking.

Otherwise, some kind member will surely type out a few pages for you. :loco:

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Quote:

Does anyone have any history about Mizuno? I really like the looks of their clubs seen the commercials ect.

But the last I have heard of Mizuno since recently in golf was...that was the baseball bat I used back in Jr. High

http://www.mizunousa.com/corporate/history

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!