IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are we talking about Alaska?-I got an Alaskan student I can ask about that.[quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/576#post_1085298"] The entire northern part of America didn't have it. [/quote] Isn't Ohio in the northern 'part' of America?-Or are you talking about Canada?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A). You know it's tongue in cheek and I'm just having a little fun,

And B) it was as nationally televised as Sunday games go seeing as it was on in LA and Florida. I would extrapolate from that that it was probably on in every non home market that had a fox doubleheader today.

That's why I threw in my semantics comment. ;)

My statement about the Bengals applies. This was a Sunday 1 PM week 15 game...not a big, primetime, or nationally televised game.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

awwww too bad poor Brownstains need to win out and cant even get 1/3 of the way before crapping the bed.[quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/594#post_1085302"] That's why I threw in my semantics comment. ;) My statement about the Bengals applies. This was a Sundat 1 PM week 15 game...not a big, primetime, or nationally televised game.  [/quote] Wife's familiy are closet Browns fans.-Closet because they claim they dont watch football yet they know every time the Browns are winning. So not too often I have to hear about them.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Are we talking about Alaska?-I got an Alaskan student I can ask about that.

Isn't Ohio in the northern 'part' of America?-Or are you talking about Canada?

Take a look. Only green could see the game.

Not nationally televised. Period. The Big Bang Theory is Nationally Televised, Monday, Thursday, and Sunday night football are Nationally televised.

No 1 PM Sunday regular season NFL game is Nationally televised. I don't know of one occurrence where it has been.

Ryan M

awwww too bad poor Brownstains need to win out and cant even get 1/3 of the way before crapping the bed.

You're a bitter, bitter old man. :-P

I share the same qualities... :beer:

Ryan M

I have an in-law in Minnesota who watched the game.[quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/594#post_1085304"] Take a look. Only green could see the game. Not nationally televised. Period. The Big Bang Theory is Nationally Televised, Monday, Thursday, and Sunday night football are Nationally televised. No 1 PM Sunday regular season NFL game is Nationally televised. I don't know of one occurrence where it has been. [/quote]

I have an in-law in Minnesota who watched the game.

At a bar or with DirecTV.

Just looked up the stats.

The game was shown to 46% of the Country.

That isn't Nationally televised...not even 1/2.

Ryan M

Yep Directv-the game was seen in every state and city in the nation. [quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/594#post_1085309"] At a bar or with DirecTV. Just looked up the stats. The game was shown to 46% of the Country. That isn't Nationally televised...not even 1/2. [/quote] Anyway I don't really care-Youre just pissed because after your smack talk your Brownstains are right back where they belong-At the bottom of their division.

Yep Directv-the game was seen in every state and city in the nation.

Anyway I don't really care-Youre just pissed because after your smack talk your Brownstains are right back where they belong-At the bottom of their division.

DirecTV plays every game in every city and state in the Nation.

Not pissed, you're just wrong. My "smack talk" was accurate, and hasn't been proved wrong yet. Talk to me if/when the Bengals make the playoffs or play a Nationally Televised game. I'll re-post the status again when they get crushed.

Why you're so salty about the Browns, I'll never know. Did one of them sleep with your wife?

Ryan M

At a bar or with DirecTV.

Just looked up the stats.

The game was shown to 46% of the Country.

That isn't Nationally televised...not even 1/2.

OK, lets forget the ribbing for a sec, because this just dawned on me ...

Why the hell was the game on Fox???

OK, lets forget the ribbing for a sec, because this just dawned on me ...

Why the hell was the game on Fox???

Last year I don't remember a single Browns game on Fox (may have been? I dunno...)

This year, there have been at least 2-3. I think there's some new agreement between CBS, FOX, and the NFL where they get a share of the games. Not sure how it works.

Ryan M

Last year I don't remember a single Browns game on Fox (may have been? I dunno...) This year, there have been at least 2-3. I think there's some new agreement between CBS, FOX, and the NFL where they get a share of the games. Not sure how it works.

When there's an imbalance of games, CBS throws Fox the shitty ones like Browns/Bengals.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

So the game was televised across the nation.-Cool glad we figured that out. :-)[quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/594#post_1085312"] DirecTV plays every game in every city and state in the Nation. Not pissed, you're just wrong. My "smack talk" was accurate, and hasn't been proved wrong yet. Talk to me if/when the Bengals make the playoffs or play a Nationally Televised game. I'll re-post the status again when they get crushed. Why you're so salty about the Browns, I'll never know. Did one of them sleep with your wife? [/quote] Just fun to piss off Browns fans actually-Typical reaction. Go crawl back in your hole and wait for next September.

Last year I don't remember a single Browns game on Fox (may have been? I dunno...)

This year, there have been at least 2-3. I think there's some new agreement between CBS, FOX, and the NFL where they get a share of the games. Not sure how it works.

The normal system is that CBS shows AFC and Fox shows NFC and for inter conference games the away network gets it.  But like Jamo said, when there's an imbalance of games (which I imagine is pretty rare because this is the first time I've noticed it), some have to get moved around.

Not sure how CBS decided on which game to throw Fox's way though. ;)

You should have read the page where you got your map-Explained it all in English.[quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/594#post_1085314"] Last year I don't remember a single Browns game on Fox (may have been? I dunno...) This year, there have been at least 2-3. I think there's some new agreement between CBS, FOX, and the NFL where they get a share of the games. Not sure how it works. [/quote]

So the game was televised across the nation.-Cool glad we figured that out.

Just fun to piss off Browns fans actually-Typical reaction. Go crawl back in your hole and wait for next September.

You should have read the page where you got your map-Explained it all in English.

Must suck to be such a miserable person. Did your Daddy not love you or something?

Ryan M

Not miserable-Quite happy. My team is in the playoffs.[quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/594#post_1085322"] Must suck to be such a miserable person. Did your Daddy not love you or something? [/quote] Typical Brownstains fan.-Good luck next year.-Youll need it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther

That would be a helluva game for him. Not sure I'm that optimistic. Heard a stat on the radio the other day: rookie QBs starting their 1st game after week 10 have an average 55 or so QBR for that game. The numbers you project would probably be 90 or better, depending on compl pctg. Hope you're right though.

Johnny dropped that avg a little with a smooth 27.3 passer rating today. He'll get better...

Well, he can't get much worse...

OMG, What a HORRIBLE call by the refs in that Seattle versus San Francisco game. No helmet to helmet, not late, face mask of the defender hit the chest of the QB not head down. Pretty much a textbook tackle.

NFL is a joke!

Agreed, there was a terrible one in the Steelers game too.

Okay so the team that will win the NFC south division is going to be 8-8 at best, right now Carolina leads with a 5-8-1 record, more than likely the division winner will probably win only 6 or 7 games, imagine a division winner with a 6-10 record...disgusting, the NFL needs to do something so this never can happen again.

While I tend to agree, the last time it happened the team with the losing record wont their first game.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Note: This thread is 3280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!