IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on "MyFantasyLeague" for the two fantasy football leagues I am in. They do a nice job. Of course it isn't free, but you pay for a good product.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am on "MyFantasyLeague" for the two fantasy football leagues I am in. They do a nice job. Of course it isn't free, but you pay for a good product.

I play Daily Fantasy on FanDuel for NFL, NBA and MLB. I actually see that they just posted some Preseason tournaments as well, so I hopped in a few. Unfortunately, that's more like "gambling" though since you have even less of a clue who the hell is getting reps/producing.

f you're interested in playing some free games or something, shoot me a challenge. My username is 'spyder'. You can use my referral link to sign up if you want too: FanDuel Signup

So ready for football.

Cleveland Browns:

The Josh Gordon thing is irritating for many reasons. First, weed? Really? The crap the NFL is most concerned about remains baffling to me. You can beat your fiance unconscious and get suspended for two games, but you test positive one nanogram off the baseline margin of error for weed and you sit out a whole season. Priorities, Goodell.

I wasn't keen on drafting Manziel, but was glad to get him where we got him. So far he looks sharp and smart enough not to get his head ripped off, so I'm game to see what he can do. Lack of production on offense has killed us the past few seasons, much more than defense has. And I think we have a defense in place this year to keep us in contention in games if we can quit leaving points on the field.

Auburn Tigers:

What, I'm the only college fan here? Last season could not have been better, not even if we won the championship. I expect better passing with Mashal and Coates this season, even though it was good last year. I need us to do better on defense. We can't expect to miracle up some wins like we had last season, but the line is good and the linebackers are very good. Tough schedule though, but what can you expect playing in the toughest division of the toughest conference in football?

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Alright. We'll see if anyone else is down.

I'd say if you set one up and put a poll on here or a separate thread with a few draft day choices it will fill up.

The Seahawks shut Colin Kapernicks running/scrambling out and made him a quarterback, what did they do? Absolutely nothing (Think it was a regular season game, I have a bad memory lol). Once the defense stops just wanting to ram someone into the ground and actually play defense I doubt Johnny will do much of anything, him proving me wrong would be awesome. I love my team and certain players but I LOVE football. I just want to see good games and good plays. IMHO its better for the league overall look at the NBA couple good teams then the "stars" when the "stars" are hurt/dont play nobody wants to watch or go.

I watched a flag throwing fest last night and a football game broke out!  Best line of the night was John Gruden saying the refs were going to need Tommy John surgery if they keep this up.  Pathetic.  Looks like Goodell wants to make the NFL unwatchable.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I watched a flag throwing fest last night and a football game broke out!  Best line of the night was John Gruden saying the refs were going to need Tommy John surgery if they keep this up.  Pathetic.  Looks like Goodell wants to make the NFL unwatchable.

Jesus, forget the fact that I'm a Browns fan and our play was pathetic in terms of QB. The officiating so far has been horrible and I'm sick and tired of the new holding call on DBs who pet a WR beyond the line of scrimmage. That game was awful. Of course, the only takeaway from the game now is Johnny flipping the bird to the Redskins after his TD pass. They (media, fans, the NFL, etc.) will run with that and the flag flurry will be forgotten.

Jesus, forget the fact that I'm a Browns fan and our play was pathetic in terms of QB. The officiating so far has been horrible and I'm sick and tired of the new holding call on DBs who pet a WR beyond the line of scrimmage. That game was awful. Of course, the only takeaway from the game now is Johnny flipping the bird to the Redskins after his TD pass. They (media, fans, the NFL, etc.) will run with that and the flag flurry will be forgotten.

Manziel got crushed last night, as he did last week. He won't last long.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

While we're on the subject of football, anyone interested in joining a FF league? I already have some leagues with money involved so I was thinking just a laid back league for fun with no stakes.

[quote name="Gunther" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-football-2014/30#post_1042849"] Manziel got crushed last night, as he did last week. He won't last long.[/quote] Well from what i saw he'll last a lot longer than RG3.

Manziel got crushed last night, as he did last week. He won't last long.

He just needs to be careful. He's getting a lot better at avoiding unnecessary hits though and it's only been one week since he's been working on that. I think he'll be just fine in the long run. He just needs to mature some more and that's fine.

I do like the fact that he creates plays that Hoyer just can't. Though once Johnny stops forcing so many plays and so many throws, he'll be much better off.

RG3 was the one who came out limping.

Actually, I made the same claim about RG3 in his rookie training camp. Everyone here was worried about him taking the Skins to the next level. I wasn't. Great ability but relies on the run too much. And bigger than Manziel. Manziel looks so tiny out there and he's not quick enough to get away from pros. I stand by my assertion.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Actually, I made the same claim about RG3 in his rookie training camp. Everyone here was worried about him taking the Skins to the next level. I wasn't. Great ability but relies on the run too much. And bigger than Manziel. Manziel looks so tiny out there and he's not quick enough to get away from pros. I stand by my assertion.

Yeah you might be right but i doubt it. Look at Russell Wilson and Drew Brees both tiny both with rings. I don't know if manziel will have a good career but more of that is on the Brown's as a whole then Johnny. He has some skills you can't teach. Also RG3 is more of a run first qb than Manziel form what I've seen. He runs when there is nowhere to throw RG3 runs if his first read is covered.

Yeah you might be right but i doubt it. Look at Russell Wilson and Drew Brees both tiny both with rings. I don't know if manziel will have a good career but more of that is on the Brown's as a whole then Johnny. He has some skills you can't teach. Also RG3 is more of a run first qb than Manziel form what I've seen. He runs when there is nowhere to throw RG3 runs if his first read is covered.

Yes, but those guys are bona-fide pocket passers, Manziel is not. He has a strong arm and if he can fight his instincts to dart around and learn how to be comfortable in the pocket, he has a chance. I'm not sure he can win that battle and even if he does, don't know that he'll be as dynamic. Time will tell...

Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!