IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not miserable-Quite happy. My team is in the playoffs. Typical Brownstains fan.-Good luck next year.-Youll need it.

Stop bragging!!! My team is struggling. Although they're not quite out of it yet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worth it.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Being a Browns fan-I agree and keep telling the in-laws.[quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/612#post_1085326"]Not worth it. [/quote] Happy holidays man. Maybe Manziel will stay in the NFL longer than a few years.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Being a Browns fan-I agree and keep telling the in-laws.

Happy holidays man. Maybe Manziel will stay in the NFL longer than a few years.

Odds aren't in our favor.

Ryan M

Every game is shown in more than the 2 cities. Nationally televised means it's on all over the Nation. It was not.

The entire northern part of America didn't have it.

EDIT: And yes, if you come in here just to throw something in my face, I will argue semantics.

In Philly, we usually get Baltimore, the Giants, the Jets or the Steelers if the Eagles aren't on. But we got the Browns game because of the hype of Johnny Football,

Bill M

OMG, What a HORRIBLE call by the refs in that Seattle versus San Francisco game. No helmet to helmet, not late, face mask of the defender hit the chest of the QB not head down. Pretty much a textbook tackle.

NFL is a joke!

Agree.  That was another classic Ed Hochuli moment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

These calls are getting ridiculous, and should be automatically reviewed in NY next year. Would take 15 seconds, and prevent a team making a great play from getting penalized 15 yards for nothing.

Ryan M

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

These calls are getting ridiculous, and should be automatically reviewed in NY next year. Would take 15 seconds, and prevent a team making a great play from getting penalized 15 yards for nothing.

Agree.  Every play should be reviewable, but coaches should still only have the same number of challenges.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Agree.  Every play should be reviewable, but coaches should still only have the same number of challenges.

Right. Some should automatically be reviewed...those calls, TDs, and Turnovers.

I also think Pass Interference should be reviewable (by challenge). To give a 35-40 yard penalty on some of these ticky-tack fouls...ugh.

Let them play a little bit...

Ryan M

I would say that every personal foul call should be reviewed, and pass interference. Besides that, I wouldn't want every foul reviewed.

I would NOT allow the review of every play for fouls that the refs missed or did not call. If that happened the games would last 7 hours. There is probably a rules infraction on every play of the game. Refs are charged with looking at one area and in some cases only for certain infractions. It is impossible for the refs to call every foul on every inch of the field on each play. The game moves too fast and their is not enough refs.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I would say that every personal foul call should be reviewed, and pass interference. Besides that, I wouldn't want every foul reviewed.

I would NOT allow the review of every play for fouls that the refs missed or did not call. If that happened the games would last 7 hours. There is probably a rules infraction on every play of the game. Refs are charged with looking at one area and in some cases only for certain infractions. It is impossible for the refs to call every foul on every inch of the field on each play. The game moves too fast and their is not enough refs.

Yeah I agree. Just the big penalties. PI and PF.

You would have a group watching slow mo replays in NY as soon as the play happened so they could call in the ruling. Would take 20 seconds.

Ryan M

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/nfl-says-hochuli-got-49ers-roughing-the-passer-call-wrong/?ocid=Yahoo&partner;=ya5nbcs

Ryan M

Yeah I agree. Just the big penalties. PI and PF.

You would have a group watching slow mo replays in NY as soon as the play happened so they could call in the ruling. Would take 20 seconds.

I think the refs need to stop controlling the outcome of games. I can hardly stomach to watch anymore. It's become a wussy sport.

- Shane

• Administrator
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/nfl-says-hochuli-got-49ers-roughing-the-passer-call-wrong/?ocid=Yahoo&partner;=ya5nbcs

Ditto:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ditto:

I agree that that is a penalty ... I mean, how many times does he have to tackle the guy??  I've only been watching for about 20 seconds and he's already leveled him like 5 times.  Enough is enough!!!  Man, the Steelers are dirty!! :-P

BTW, agree with @Slice of Life et. al. in regards to allowing more review on those type of plays.  Another thing I don't like is the discrepancy between pass interference and defensive holding.  They are, for all intents and purposes, the same penalty; they are grabbing or pushing the guy illegally before the ball arrives to keep him from catching it.  One just supposedly occurs before the ball is in the air and the other after.  (As if they can get that right every time)  And then it's a spot foul (which could be as much as 50 yards) ..... or 5 yards.  I'd like to see holding as a spot foul up to, say, 10 yards, maybe even 15, and I'd also like to see a cap on PI.  Maybe spot foul up to about 20 yards and then cap it there, so the ticky-tack PI calls on long passes don't completely kill the defense.

• Administrator

BTW, agree with @Slice of Life et. al. in regards to allowing more review on those type of plays.  Another thing I don't like is the discrepancy between pass interference and defensive holding.  They are, for all intents and purposes, the same penalty; they are grabbing or pushing the guy illegally before the ball arrives to keep him from catching it.  One just supposedly occurs before the ball is in the air and the other after.  (As if they can get that right every time)  And then it's a spot foul (which could be as much as 50 yards) ..... or 5 yards.  I'd like to see holding as a spot foul up to, say, 10 yards, maybe even 15, and I'd also like to see a cap on PI.  Maybe spot foul up to about 20 yards and then cap it there, so the ticky-tack PI calls on long passes don't completely kill the defense.

At first thought, I would support spot fouls up to 20 yards for plays like that.

I also think it's silly that if you're on the 2 yard line, and you commit a hold as the offense, or whatever, you lose 1 yard, but if the DEFENSE does it, they lose 10 yards. What if, instead, penalties that would have been "half the distance" for one team apply the same way to the other team?

There are some issues with that one too, but… I think something like that could end up working.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

BTW, agree with @Slice of Life et. al. in regards to allowing more review on those type of plays.  Another thing I don't like is the discrepancy between pass interference and defensive holding.  They are, for all intents and purposes, the same penalty; they are grabbing or pushing the guy illegally before the ball arrives to keep him from catching it.  One just supposedly occurs before the ball is in the air and the other after.  (As if they can get that right every time)  And then it's a spot foul (which could be as much as 50 yards) ..... or 5 yards.  I'd like to see holding as a spot foul up to, say, 10 yards, maybe even 15, and I'd also like to see a cap on PI.  Maybe spot foul up to about 20 yards and then cap it there, so the ticky-tack PI calls on long passes don't completely kill the defense.

I saw a receiver get penalized yesterday for Off PI when he was pushing the corner's arm off of him. It always seems like the officials pick and choose what they want to call. Drives me nuts!

- Shane

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I saw a receiver get penalized yesterday for Off PI when he was pushing the corner's arm off of him. It always seems like the officials pick and choose what they want to call. Drives me nuts!

PI is the single most costly penalty in football.  You get yards and the clock stops.  I wish they would either do 15 yards total or let coaches challenge it.  It was won many games with many dubious calls.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!