iacas

Being Fit for an Edel Putter

315 posts / 50304 viewsLast Reply

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's a bad way of looking at that kind of thing.

You could tap in 9 times a round with any club, really. That you do it with your putter doesn't mean the putter is providing some unique value there.

Wouldn't be the 1st time my thinking was off...…….

Then why even have a "Putter".  Just use the a 4 iron...….

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

32 minutes ago, IowaGreg said:

Wouldn't be the 1st time my thinking was off...…….

Then why even have a "Putter".  Just use the a 4 iron...….

I think what @iacas is saying is that simply counting the number of times per round you use a certain club is not the best way to evaluate its importance.

25 minutes ago, billchao said:

I think what @iacas is saying is that simply counting the number of times per round you use a certain club is not the best way to evaluate its importance.

Maybe, but, I see it that it's importance is based on it's particular function due to it's design, which means in this case, you will be using it by far, more often.  Why wouldn't someone invest more into something they would typically use the most?

I don't always see what's in front of me...…..

4 minutes ago, IowaGreg said:

Why wouldn't someone invest more into something they would typically use the most?

Just because you use it the most doesn't mean it has the biggest impact on your score.

45 minutes ago, IowaGreg said:

Maybe, but, I see it that it's importance is based on it's particular function due to it's design, which means in this case, you will be using it by far, more often.  Why wouldn't someone invest more into something they would typically use the most?

Well, first, this:

39 minutes ago, klineka said:

Just because you use it the most doesn't mean it has the biggest impact on your score.

If you give me a putter that isn't well suited to my game, I might take two more putts per round, or one, over 18 holes.

If you give me a driver that isn't well suited to my game, I might take an extra six shots over 18 holes.

Not all "strokes" are worth the same amount.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you give me a putter that isn't well suited to my game, I might take two more putters per round, or one, over 18 holes.

Not all "strokes" are worth the same amount.

Ok, that I can understand...……. 

@klineka  Thanks...…..  you must have typed it in slow so I didn't have to read it too fast......

2 hours ago, IowaGreg said:

I don't always see what's in front of me...…..

Or, I want the best putter so that I use it less often each round. ;-)

(Not trying to un-do the discussion about putter vs. other clubs, but this was this was the thought that came to me.)

Edited by Missouri Swede

Last Friday I was finally able to go get fit for an Edel putter. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for the past few hears but haven’t had the time to really do it. I ended up making the drive and got fitted by @iacas and It was a fantastic experience. By far the best club fitting/buying experience I’ve had.

It was really eye opening to see how much my aim was off. For the longest time I felt that there was something off in my stroke, like I was holding off the club but never really saw tons of missed putts on that side. Sure enough, the fitting showed I was aiming my current putter like 10” or so left of the hole. After using the new fit putter I started aiming a ton better and got the ball on line a lot more. I still pushed/blocked putts but it was way more apparent and something I am going to work on.

I could not be any more excited to get my new putter. I think this is the first time I’ve been excited to practice putting, previously it’s always felt like more of a chore. Golf season could not come soon enough.   

Saw this scrolling through Facebook. Does this mean they are getting rid of the classic fit line? Hopefully they aren’t.

1D046DA7-7F46-44D7-A86C-C10FDF3482C6.thumb.png.8d0d372c8ac9519374ba7301cef8640d.png