IGNORED

Brandel at it again

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To those who do not know:

Brandel was a 3 time All-American at Texas, 370 events, 188 cuts made, 1 PGA win, 4 2nd place, 25 Top 10, $4m in winnings, 1 Nationwide Win. He has been the GC Analyst since 2004.

Some of today's Brandelisms:

Craig or Billy Harmon are the only 2 teachers who will not be intimidated by Tiger

Hank Haney is Harvey Penick compared to Foley

Tiger's body is a refrigerator on 2 pool cue sticks - you don't need muscle to play golf, you need speed and flexibility.

As to putting, Tiger wanted to make his "release point" to the same as his swing. Foley treated Tiger like a piece of clay

___

Brandel depicts Foley as a mad Rasputin with a Trackman

____

Rors:

Rory is not Tiger but he can get double digit Majors

Is Rory getting too jacked up top? Rory already had that speed before the gym. And now he is ripped.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Y'all are a bunch of piling on sons a bitches. ;)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator
Is Rory getting too jacked up top? Rory already had that speed before the gym. And now he is ripped.

So did Tiger.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So did Tiger.

Agreed; and

To be clear, other than the Mad Rasputin reference, that is all Chamblee on theticket.com golf radio show this morning. Brandel also reviewed Tiger's history of constantly making changes; and inferred that Foley exploited TIger's need to change, and did attempt to change everything ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

To be clear, other than the Mad Rasputin reference, that is all Chamblee on theticket.com golf radio show this morning.

I know.

I fully believe that Brandel's job is to stir the pot, and that Golf Channel is happy to have him stir the pot, and would likely find someone else who would do so if he suddenly stopped.

I also fully believe that he believes all of the stuff he says, and sees stirring the pot as the side effects of his opinions.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I know.

I fully believe that Brandel's job is to stir the pot, and that Golf Channel is happy to have him stir the pot, and would likely find someone else who would do so if he suddenly stopped.

I also fully believe that he believes all of the stuff he says, and sees stirring the pot as the side effects of his opinions.

Agree...

And if one enjoys listening to stirring the pot, Brandel is even more shock-commentating on local radio shows... :-O

Didn't hear that segment but guessing he was on with The Musers, they love them some Brandle Chamblee.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Didn't hear that segment but guessing he was on with The Musers, they love them some Brandle Chamblee.

This morning - Craig and Rick

Listening the Chamb less speak for me sounds like this:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Brandel loses all his credibility because he clearly doesn't want to be a respected analyst, he wants to be the Howard Stern of golf.  He'd rather be outrageous than right and he targets Tiger because his outrageous comments wouldn't get as much coverage if he targeted anyone else.

Also seems Brandel has a dislike for technology because it can prove how many of his dumb opinions and insight are technically incorrect.  I get that Foley is sometimes hard to listen to, he's very zen, much like Phil Jackson, but in the end he makes sense and the other pro's working with him seem to be improving under him.

"Hank Haney is Harvey Penick compared to Foley", what does that even mean?  Is that a slight or a compliment.  I enjoyed reading Harvey's books and much of his advice is sound but at a very basic level with regards to the golf swing.  Hank throws about a bunch of golf clichés too so maybe that's what he meant.

I'm not an instructor, I'm not even a decent golfer, but I believe Tiger doesn't "own" his swing under Foley and I get the feeling he doesn't like it.   I have watched Tiger a lot through the years and in the past, he was very intense in the tee box.  The old Tiger attacked the tee box, these last few years he seems tentative and uncomfortable in it, like he'd rather be anyplace but there.   Is it his swing or his ailing body, who knows, but that's why I've noticed.

Joe Paradiso

Brandel loses all his credibility because he clearly doesn't want to be a respected analyst, he wants to be the Howard Stern of golf.  He'd rather be outrageous than right and he targets Tiger because his outrageous comments wouldn't get as much coverage if he targeted anyone else.

Also seems Brandel has a dislike for technology because it can prove how many of his dumb opinions and insight are technically incorrect.  I get that Foley is sometimes hard to listen to, he's very zen, much like Phil Jackson, but in the end he makes sense and the other pro's working with him seem to be improving under him.

"Hank Haney is Harvey Penick compared to Foley", what does that even mean?  Is that a slight or a compliment.  I enjoyed reading Harvey's books and much of his advice is sound but at a very basic level with regards to the golf swing.  Hank throws about a bunch of golf clichés too so maybe that's what he meant.

I'm not an instructor, I'm not even a decent golfer, but I believe Tiger doesn't "own" his swing under Foley and I get the feeling he doesn't like it.   I have watched Tiger a lot through the years and in the past, he was very intense in the tee box.  The old Tiger attacked the tee box, these last few years he seems tentative and uncomfortable in it, like he'd rather be anyplace but there.   Is it his swing or his ailing body, who knows, but that's why I've noticed.

Brandel is saying that Foley is tied too much to Trackman ... did not even need to see his students' swing if he had the Trackman numbers. Trackman is an instructor's tool, not the instructor.

While Brandel may be a shock-analyst, he says that he wants Tiger to return to dominance (to paraphrase), that Tiger has always tooled around with his swing, and Brandel does not understand why he'd want to change it, but he is more shocked that he allowed Foley to dick with his putting. And Foley could not help himself, Brandel implied, by treating Tiger like a piece of clay.

While Brandel could have used less inflammatory words, his commentary is as he sees it, and it does seem to have more than a kernel of truthiness in it...

• Administrator

Brandel is saying that Foley is tied too much to Trackman ... did not even need to see his students' swing if he had the Trackman numbers. Trackman is an instructor's tool, not the instructor.

Because… he knows their tendencies and can tell them what they're doing based on the video. For example, to make it up, if Justin's path becomes too leftward, he knows he's shifting the left arm out prematurely on the downswing, because that's what Justin tends to do. That's what that means, but Brandel is, for whatever reason, "afraid" of technology.

Tiger's putting stroke is about the same as it ever was. He hasn't practiced it a lot lately, has played sporadically with injuries and so on, and so he's missed some shorter putts he should make. One guy told me once that young guys bang balls in the back of the cup in the 3-6 foot range because a) they don't recall missing those, and b) they can make the four-footer coming back. Then as you get older you get more tentative. That changes your reads, but you may not be aware of it.

Plus, Tiger still aims well to the right and pulls his putts. When he doesn't practice that, his timing is off.

Tiger's biggest problem is and was that he still cannot hit the driver.

I've read a lot of @9iron 's posts and I'm almost certain he either just likes to argue for the sake of arguing or has a very hard time admitting being wrong. Probably both.

-Rich

Note: This thread is 3498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!