IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 4/28/2021 at 7:31 PM, Hardspoon said:

Resurrecting this thread for this one!

Shot a smooth 100 from the Blue Tees at Oakmont Country Club, in 20mph (!) winds.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/3035926

My wedge game was terrible...cost me a ton of strokes.  But, I'm never going to complain about an 81-degree day in April on a bucket-list course.

This was the most fun hole...a 4 on #10 for back-to-back pars:

image.png

I hit my best drive of the day, and caught both the wind and the downhill.  I had 105 yards to the center of the green, and had to hit a little 50-yard pitch shot!!!  It rolled the remaining 40 yards, and didn't stop until it hit the fringe.

Putting ocean views aside, and taking into account that we played tees too difficult for my handicap, this was hands-down the most fun course I've ever played.

Glad GG is still working for someone!  Haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/3067378

Struck the ball well today, but really sucked with the wedges. Putt well.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/3067854

This was a fun round.  Hit hole 2 GIR, then no more until hole 16, at which point I hit 16-17-18 all in regulation.  Parred all four.

11 near GIR.  That, plus the four GIR, makes only three where I didn't do either.  Holes 1 and 9 I hit into greenside bunkers.  In both cases, I managed to get out to the point where I could have two putted, and did at hole nine.  

Then there's hole 13, which I am not counting as a near-GIR.  Driver, 3-hybrid to be within 25 yards of the pin, but I had to go over a bunker.  25 yards can be a quarter SW for me, and that's the shot I hit.  I ended up in the bunker, under a lip.  I should have hit half a LW.  

Maybe this isn't the thread to post this:  I need to get better at short-game decision making.  

Stats for the round are quite something.  Driver average 217, great, that's something I'm working on and want to add to.  SG:D 1.49, better than the 10-handicap level and not that far from the 5- handicap level.   That's really cool.

SG:A 2.59.  That's .01 away from the 5-handicap mark.  That's really cool and is a good day.  A little better ball striking and I probably turn that 11-near and 4-on into something better.

SG:Short Game was at 4.13, despite hitting a wedge from 85 yards to 12 feet and a good number of chips to inside 10'.

SG:putting was spectacularly bad, even for me.   If I had been able to use a statistically average 25 handicap, I'd have saved three strokes.   

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Played early today before the heat set in. Still very humid and I had to wear my rain gloves the whole round.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3067775?hole_id=52148499

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!