IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As the thread title says, post a link to the scorecard, a screenshot of the stats, a hole you want to highlight, stuff like that.

I'll start. Played nine holes at Bernardo Heights last Wednesday. It was one of those "boring" rounds where golf was kinda easy. Hit the driver well, had plenty of short irons in. Best shots were on the par 3's, 12 and 16.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/96347

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fun!  OK, here's my first (and only so far) GameGolf round: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/golfingdad/round/98069?hole_id=7196533

The biggest highlight was the 7th hole because it was one of those rare times when you feel like a pro.  Every shot went exactly as envisioned.  My best drive of the day, right down the center of the fairway, followed by a sand wedge from about 110.  The green slopes back to front and I was playing a B330S, which was checking up a lot, so I made it a point to hit that SW as hard as I could.  Pitch mark was 6 yards beyond the hole, ball ended up 6 yards short of the hole.  From about 25', uphill and with 12" of break to the left, I hit it perfectly and it died into the side of the hole on its last half revolution.

P.S.  This isn't normal for me (yet).  This is the best round I've played to date, differential-wise.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/99921

Played like crap. I recounted the tale in the messages, but "thin to win" is a very real thing.

I think I hit about four decent shots.

We skipped 4 but it's an easy hole, so I gave myself a par. They were aerating the fairway, and a foursome was there, so we passed them by.

Very windy today, too. Weird wind too. North-east? Opposite of a lot of the times we play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My best nine hole round of the year this morning.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ciphernate/round/99640

Best hole was probably the way I played this par 5.  Getting close in two makes birdies much easier.

Had a couple very bad shots that ended up okay and so that kind of saved things a bit for me.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Look at your own risk!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/99951

That tee shot on number 10, if you zoom in on the map. You'll see a tree right in front of the water on the left. I hit that tree with a heel pull shot. I almost missed the ball. Luckily I can't shank a driver.

Hole 12, had to take an unplayable lie from the very tall grass on my 2nd shot. There was a tree to my left, water in front of me, and I was about a foot in the tall stuff. So I thought it would be better to take the 1 stroke penalty than try to hack it out and pray I don't hit it in the water. Well, I proceed to dump THREE into the water after that. Apparently I lost the ability to hit the ball more than 5 feet off the ground on that hole.

Seriously, on the range I was nailing my driver, flushing my irons, and my pitch shots were all great. I have no clue what happened. Though my best guess is I was swinging way too hard at everything. Still, it was like I stepped on the tee box and all feel for a good swing left me.

Though I did end up going 1 over in the last 6 holes. Found some sort of functional swing. :doh:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Best hole was probably the way I played this par 5.  Getting close in two makes birdies much easier.

Seriously.  We've talked about this before, but this is one thing that's really helping my score out lately ... mostly thanks to LSW. ;)  I've always been a guy who thought he had decent distance and was a smart player.  Considering also that my driver is erratic, I would always pat myself on the back when I played a 3W or hybrid (or even a 4 iron!) off the tee of a par 5 so I could lay it up there to some short-ish iron or wedge distance for my third.  And even if I felt the driver was warranted off the tee, unless I knew I could hit the green with my next shot, I'd be pulling out an iron of some kind.  Now that I've realized how stupid that gameplan was, I've been hitting a lot more drivers off the tee of par 5s and a lot more 3 woods for the second shots.

Like you, I've recently been getting a lot more birdies on par 5's due to being so close after two shots.  In fact, my first birdie Saturday was exactly that.  Driver-hybrid to pin high 10 yards right of the green, pitch to 8 feet, birdie.  :)  I'm actually almost starting to get to a point where I expect to make birdies on short par 5's.

P.S.  Great round!!! :beer:

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Someone lost a badge and should practice more…

(and if I don't tomorrow I'm taking my own away.)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Someone lost a badge and should practice more…

(and if I don't tomorrow I'm taking my own away.)

Fair enough, but still

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Played the Meath course this morning and played pretty dang well again.  Except for the nine iron I literally topped on the last hole.  Started licking my chops too early I guess. :-D They still cannot seem to figure out how to get the par values correct on this course.  I am not sure why it is so tough to do but they have not figured it out thus far.  So DON'T pay attention to the GIR, the FIR or the scrambling.  I won't post a picture of the stats because they are pointless.  I was actually 5/9 in GIR and 4/4 in scrambling.  Had a lucky day with that.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ciphernate/round/100186

I still feel like something is off especially in the longer clubs.  I have got to get to the range and work on it and I also will be getting some in person help this fall.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Here's my latest round. Completely forgot how to swing my short irons at the turn: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/frosty/round/97945

I while playing I noted my L/R misses to make a shot-zone for my driver and currently have on that is 65w X 35 d (using 12 of 14 drives). I need to improve that just a touch...

I'm thinking of teeing off with the 3w from the deck next time out to get that club figured out too.

They have fixed the glitch! :-D

I got a little too excited on the 9th and topped the ball with 9 iron about 80 some yards.  Hehe. :doh::whistle:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ciphernate/round/100186

Any time you can hit it on the green from close to 200 on a par three is great to me:

Nate

Played just 7 holes this morning.  It was cold and windy.   The season is winding down quickly.  Tried my best again to put it in the water on the third.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ciphernate/round/101320

This was my best hole, a tough and long par 4 with trouble down the right.  Thankfully it played shorter today a bit.

Nate

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/101696

Played halfway decent for once. Just concentrating on shortening the swing and turning the body through the ball has helped a ton.

The last hole wasn't very "LSW". I was getting down right punked by my opponent tonight. I have to give him 2 strokes in the match and he was up 3 going into the last hole. He ended up shooting a one under 34. Got to give him credit. I shot my handicap and he downright kicked my a**. So I had to take a chance at making the 2nd shot in two. He was already on the green in two.. So I took my 52 degree and tried to make the shot from the fairway. It was right on target just flew the pin by about 7 yards. I got up and down from the bunker though.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Hey, I'm calling out…

@Slowcelica

@mchepp

@tristanhilton85

You've all posted rounds to GAME that you haven't posted here so we can talk about them!

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/103771

Played with the kiddo. Her first round in a long long time. She played pretty lousy, but about what I'd expect. I hit irons mostly. One hybrid.

Pissed that when I took my 5I out to tee off on one hole, I saw the tag was missing. Pretty sure it's not in the bottom of the golf bag. Not sure when I would have used it last, but it appears to be gone. So I had to replace it with the stupid "diamond" shape.

Grrrrr.

P.S. Score above is not indicative of much of anything. I holed a good putt on 8. That was about it. It's tough to score badly when you're hitting 4I/9I or something.

I have been playing so badly I am not sure it is worth posting details of the blood baths that have been my rounds. I know the problem. My driver and me have been on very different pages. It is a problem that started about 3 or 4 months ago. It has made playing golf very difficult. When my short game is on I can shoot in the high seventies, when the short game is bad I have a round like yesterday. I will post my next round for discussion no matter what but unless my driver gets better there is not much to discuss.

Michael

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/103964

+12, 83

61% GIR (11/18)

78% nGIR (14/18)

2.11 putts per hole, Just couldn't get one to fall, lots of putts outside of 15 feet.

One really really bad hole. I took an 8 on a par 4. I was 20 yards short of the green in two. Had a lie were the rough was against me, and it was lying flat. So the ball was propped up on the grass. Imagine if the ball was sitting on rough that was run over by a cart. Well I duffed the pitch into a bunker. Then bladed the bunker shot 30 yards over the green. Then got on and three putted from 20 feet or so.

Driver swing was total crap today. I had this slice going :no: , and my only thought was that I was getting steep with the driver and causing the path to go left. I caught myself a few times hitting down on the driver when the ball was forward in my stance. I just couldn't shake it till after the 15th hole or so.

Iron play was pretty solid. I mean, 11/18 GIR is pretty good for me. I hit 3 out of 4 par 3's. I stuck a 4 iron to about 15 feet on a par 5.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/103524

My first GG round, not a great showing, but the score is a good representation of my game. I had a lot of contact issues and a couple of brain farts in terms of decision making. It was a real rollercoaster kind of round.

Had more than my fair share of highlights, though. This one is my favorite:

It's not a very easy par. The hole is long and doglegs to the right. It's not a very easy tee shot if you draw the ball. I'm really happy with this result.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!