IGNORED

President Obama Denied a Tee Time Labor Day Weekend

billchao
Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dear Mr President - Now that it's personal, I see you learned a few things.

1 - a business has to make money or go out of business

2 - government serves us, not the other way around

3 - the president isn't a king

I know, shocking, those three items must be very confusing to you.  Pretty much upsetting everything your entire reality was based on.

I know you were indoctrinated from a young age to assume that all businesses are overflowing with cash and can just stop everything for government royalty and give everything to government for random, subjective reasons, while they will continue on their merry way unaffected - it doesn't work that way - everything has to be paid for - nothing is free.  I hope this clears things up a bit about how the economy really works.  about how businesses really work.

have a great summer,

300 million people

I'm thrilled that the businesses met their commitments to their customers and didn't allow one person to take away their income by inconveniencing 100's.

How hard is it to make a tee time under an alias?  Or a whole crapload of tee times to keep him separate from the public?  secret service guys play golf

Quick question, just what in the world are you talking about? Is that from the article or rectally extracted?

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

Actually that's not all there is to the story, the fact he was denied a tee time is a minor subplot to the overall story of why the POTUS was trying to play golf when there was a world crisis in which the US admittedly didn't have a plan to address.

As for the clubs that denied the request, I agree with @David in FL .  Having  the POTUS request to play on your course is likely seen as an honor, the clubs management did the right thing by protecting their paying members who had already booked tee times.

That has zero to do with the story. Those clubs have active memberships and the club managements understand their priorities. That's it, end of story. I'm sure the POTUS could have eventually found a place to accommodate him, but he wanted to play those particular courses and I don't blame him. No harm in trying.

From the story...

Quote:

Club managers apparently did not want to inconvenience their high-powered and high-paying members over Labor Day weekend by shutting down their courses to accommodate the president.

I can guarantee you that the Club managers had nothing to do with the decision. These places have memberships and they have officers out of that membership who make those calls. Most private clubs are owned by their membership.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can guarantee you that the Club managers had nothing to do with the decision. These places have memberships and they have officers out of that membership who make those calls. Most private clubs are owned by their membership.

Bingo this kind of decision would likely have been made at the Board of Director level of the respective clubs or in Trumps case he likely had a say in the decision.

Quote:
Club managers apparently did not want to inconvenience their high-powered and high-paying members over Labor Day weekend by shutting down their courses to accommodate the president.

this is really telling - media bias trying to claim a simple business decision is actually the rich elite being petty.........

But the article at least didn't claim they denied him due to race.

Feeling a bit cynical today....

Bill - 

The thing with leaders is that they need to be seen by "their people" to be leading and setting an example. He might not be accomplishing anything but that isn't the point. With Barry I just don't get the feeling that he wants to be a leader, nor do I believe he is actually capable if being a leader or doing anything other than fund raising. The world needs a strong American President but sadly, for all of us, we have the worst possible guy in the wrong job at the wrong time! Mailman

Mailman

Off Topic but responding to some of the above posts  -- reading some of these posts, I sense people who appear to have been lulled asleep by propaganda, under delusions, and making assumptions -- the posts say more about them than the President. Drop the labels, misconceptions, drop what others say, and see what's left.

FWIW, didn't like a lot of Bush, do not like a lot of what the present Prez has done or not done ... some of his ability to perform is undercut by the opposition. Isn't that dandy? I'm talking about the word "Opposition." It would be more productive if we worked together after elections for the good of the people ... but no ... it's about power. And I'm not talking about one side ... talking about both, and the entire system. It's flawed and broken. Bad for us ... maybe one day we'll fix it. But it might take a mini-revolution such as the late '60's.

___

Back to topic: Studies have shown that one is more productive if they get away from the office -- that not only includes the Prez, but all of us. It's shown that we are more creative away from the office. So being away is actually productive for business.

As to the Prez and the tee time ... much ado about nothing if the people in power put away their egos. No biggie.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It's a great decision.

It's not about him being denied a tee time, is about probably a couple of hundred players NOT being denied a tee time.

That's exactly right. Having the president play golf requires an army of secret service men. They didn't want to hassle their members. Then again, I wouldn't have put it past Trump to deny him access if no one was scheduled to play that day or for a week following... He may have instituted an on-the-spot policy to require all golfers to reveal their authentic birth certificates and college transcripts before teeing off.

Off Topic but responding to some of the above posts  -- reading some of these posts, I sense people who appear to have been lulled asleep by propaganda, under delusions, and making assumptions -- the posts say more about them than the President. Drop the labels, misconceptions, drop what others say, and see what's left.

FWIW, didn't like a lot of Bush, do not like a lot of what the present Prez has done or not done ... some of his ability to perform is undercut by the opposition. Isn't that dandy? I'm talking about the word "Opposition." It would be more productive if we worked together after elections for the good of the people ... but no ... it's about power. And I'm not talking about one side ... talking about both, and the entire system. It's flawed and broken. Bad for us ... maybe one day we'll fix it. But it might take a mini-revolution such as the late '60's.

___

Back to topic: Studies have shown that one is more productive if they get away from the office -- that not only includes the Prez, but all of us. It's shown that we are more creative away from the office. So being away is actually productive for business.

As to the Prez and the tee time ... much ado about nothing if the people in power put away their egos. No biggie.

I saw a study that showed a direct correlation between CEO compensation, productivity of their firm, and their respective golf handicaps. The lower the more profitable, BTW. With mobile communications the way they are now, "working" no longer needs to be holed up in a stuffy office holding a fountain pen. I have no problem with the Prez playing golf, nor do I have any idea what his paradigm for productivity might be. He might have the greatest revelations of his life after hitting a perfect fairway bunker shot, who knows? Avid golf didn't affect Eisenhower at all. Teddy Roosevelt used to skinny dip in the Potomac River. He's on Mount Rushmore.

eh, it's Labor Day Weekend, not really a big deal that he didn't work on a weekend that no one works

It is nice that the clubs stuck by their members and patrons, though. I'm sure it would've created quite the shitstorm if they didn't.

-Rich

• Administrator
Can we have a polling option on whether this thread should just be moved elsewhere? Chances of there being any useful discussion about golf are just about zero.

Perhaps rather than saying that, you could have made a post that contributed to "a useful discussion about golf." This thread isn't hyper political or anything.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Perhaps rather than saying that, you could have made a post that contributed to "a useful discussion about golf."

This thread isn't hyper political or anything.

Not yet :-D .

He is an elitist that believes he is above everyone else.......................glad to see he was put in place at least once.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Well ,  buckeyenut, IMO you are an a** for expressing such a thing.  When GBush went to a foreign country the entire hotel was emptied out for one supercilious idiot, namely GWBush. When W came to my    town, the entire interstate system for 20 miles was closed so he could drive into town unencumbered.

Whatever the name on the door, the PREZ gets special treatment.

Tell us the truth: it's the color, ain't it?

The "color" is why Zero got elected. He takes a 40 car motorcade to do his lame every guy act at the local drive through. The people who are members at these clubs aren't impressed with his politics and would rather he take his swing and his weak jump shot down the road.

Occam's razor

The "color" is why Zero got elected.

He takes a 40 car motorcade to do his lame every guy act at the local drive through.

The people who are members at these clubs aren't impressed with his politics and would rather he take his swing and his weak jump shot down the road.

:tumble:

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Well ,  buckeyenut, IMO you are an a** for expressing such a thing.  When GBush went to a foreign country the entire hotel was emptied out for one supercilious idiot, namely GWBush. When W came to my    town, the entire interstate system for 20 miles was closed so he could drive into town unencumbered.   Whatever the name on the door, the PREZ gets special treatment. Tell us the truth: it's the color, ain't it?

You're the ass for implying that race has anything to do with the criticism Obama receives. He's an inept, feckless, incompetent fool, color has nothing to do with it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!