IGNORED

2014 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

McIlroy taking Rickie to the woodshed today. He beat him in Liverpool, beat him at Valhalla and is now beating him at the Ryder Cup. I know we want to see a Rickie-Rory rivalry, but it's not a rivalry when one guy keeps beating the other.

Sky Sports in the UK did a thing where they interviewed all the players, abit of fun, asking them what they would do with certain things, Scottish slang for things etc. Obviously they didn't know what it was, which is why it's abit of fun, Reed came across as a cool chappie.  Mickelson on the other hand, I hope he was having a joke, but he literally said "I don't know what..... is, so I can't answer that question"

I think I like Reed more than Phil after seeing that.

Sky Sports in the UK did a thing where they interviewed all the players, abit of fun, asking them what they would do with certain things, Scottish slang for things etc. Obviously they didn't know what it was, which is why it's abit of fun, Reed came across as a cool chappie.  Mickelson on the other hand, I hope he was having a joke, but he literally said "I don't know what..... is, so I can't answer that question" I think I like Reed more than Phil after seeing that.

Montie was basically confessing his love for Reed 15 mins ago. What an incredible shot from Rose...wow

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Looks like US will win the front 9 but lose the back 9. Kinda of like the previous morning vs afternoon sessions.

Bad combinations.

We aren't as good.

We aren't as lucky.

We think we are going to lose (no matter what they say).

We can't handle the pressure.

And yes even the "C" word. We choke.

Bad combinations.

They aren't as good.

They aren't as lucky.

They think they are going to lose (no matter what they say).

They can't handle the pressure.

And yes even the "C" word. They choke.

That's what it all comes down to. Talent. Europe is just a better team top to bottom. If you caught them off their A-game and we played off the charts, we would have a chance. But if you just saw Rory play and the way G-Mac and Rose have rallied and played in this RC, we're not catching them off their A-game.

Is it me? but is it time for someone else to design our uniforms for the ryder cup? The euros look great, especially on friday. Ours looks like they were purchased from Kohls the weekend after the fourth of July on the clearence rack.

I know its Ralph Lauren,but lets face it even Polo players don"t wear Ralph Lauren...Its not authentic.

The Americans have been losing the 13th hole all weekend; clearly, the ideal position for the approach is behind those gorse bushes left of the fairway. I don't recognize skinny, bearded Darren Clarke.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Fantastic win from G-Mac. 12-6 now.

It's only a matter of when Europe wraps it up, and who delivers the knockout blow.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think Darren Clarke and Fred Couples will be Captaining the teams at Hazeltine in two years. Other possibilities for US include Azinger, O'Meara or Stricker (although I think they'll save Stricker for Whistling Straits in 2020).

Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!