IGNORED

Will Ebola become a big problem in the United States?

MS256
Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will spreading of Ebola become a big problem in the United States?

• No.
    • Yes.

My Dad just told me more men have been married to Kim Kardashian than will get ebola in the USA.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

My Dad just told me more men have been married to Kim Kardashian than will get ebola in the USA.

Never thought of it this way! But yeah. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickyputt

Never thought of it this way! But yeah.

Equally fatal.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Equally fatal.

Except, apparently the early warning signs being married to Kim are harder to detect. . .

I hope she doesn't read this, because I live pretty close to her.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Someone on my facebook shared a meme with the same info regarding Rush Limbaugh. "You are more likely to marry Rush Limbaugh than get Ebola ... Which are you more afraid of?"

I was listening to an interview this afternoon on the way home from work with a doctor working in a rural area of Liberia. She says that the 90% mortality rate for Ebola is really not close to accurate if the patient gets supportive care. The number is closer to 55-60% and would be even lower if they had more resources and they were being treated in a better environment. The number in this outbreak is high because so many people get no care at all or come in when it is in a late stage. One of the Dallas nurses, the one who flew to Cleveland, is free of the virus. "We are overjoyed to announce that, as of yesterday evening, officials at Emory University Hospital and the Centers for Disease Control (and Prevention) are no longer able to detect virus in her body," the family said in a statement hours after Vinson spoke with her mother, Debra Berry.

Omg!! I heard there is a 100% mortality rate for those who don't get treated!!!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

If reports are true and the NYC doctor diagnosed with Ebola hasn't been feeling well since Tuesday I don't get it.

A doctor that had been treating Ebola patients should at least self quarantine (or go to the hospital) at the first sign of not feeling well.

This guy rides around in cabs and goes bowling. SMH!

Damn. There goes New York. And I wanted to go there sometime. The old jaded Paris of America, going down in vomit and poo. Kardashian watch #2 coming up.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

If reports are true and the NYC doctor diagnosed with Ebola hasn't been feeling well since Tuesday I don't get it.

A doctor that had been treating Ebola patients should at least self quarantine (or go to the hospital) at the first sign of not feeling well.

This guy rides around in cabs and goes bowling. SMH!

I guess the celebration and jokes were a bit premature.  At least there wasn't a parade.

Joe Paradiso

Nah. I watched an eskimo scissor cut the remaining skin holding his big toe onto his foot while telling a joke. It makes tough things survivable.

Tom R.

I guess the celebration and jokes were a bit premature.  At least there wasn't a parade.

Let me know when somebody other than a healthcare worker, who worked in close proximity with highly contagious patients, comes down with Ebola in this country. But you go ahead and be afraid.

• Upvote 2

Bill M

For there to be a celebration and parade there has to be relief. Relief needs to be preceded by anxiety. By definition, us non panickers were never anxious because we never felt the need to be worried. Like Phan said ... Until random people who weren't directly treating Ebola patients get sick, we're gonna keep on going about our days and not worrying about any of this.

For there to be a celebration and parade there has to be relief. Relief needs to be preceded by anxiety. By definition, us non panickers were never anxious because we never felt the need to be worried. Like Phan said ... Until random people who weren't directly treating Ebola patients get sick, we're gonna keep on going about our days and not worrying about any of this.

However, I would still invest in companies that deal with Ebola. Still a good investment for the future.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I'm not worried a bit. If I was a worrier I would have been an absolute train wreck for most of my life with the dangerous jobs I've had.

I do think if I was a doctor, and came back home after treating Ebola patients, I would care enough about my family and friends to stay fairly secluded for 21 days. I don't mind taking risks myself but I would never put my family at risk if I can avoid it...but that's just me.

Obama didn't think there was a reason to panic about ISIS in the past but look at where we are today.  I believe in pre-emptive efforts to avoid disasters before they require panic but we can agree to disagree.

Joe Paradiso

Obama didn't think there was a reason to panic about ISIS in the past but look at where we are today.  I believe in pre-emptive efforts to avoid disasters before they require panic but we can agree to disagree.

I think this kinda makes @Golfingdad 's point. ISIS has yet to directly threaten anyone outside of Iraq and Syria. Reporters, diplomats, Soldiers, etc going to the region understand and assume the risk. That's not to say ISIS isn't a problem, just not a direct threat to folks shopping in Kansas City. That's GD's point. Ebola is a huge threat to hospital workers treating Ebola patients. It remains to be seen whether a general panic is in order.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!