IGNORED

I like Callaway Supersoft & Wilson Staff Duo, but I lose too many.

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone suggest a ball that is somewhat comparable to the Supersoft or Duo that doesn't cost quite so much.  I really like the way these balls play, but I am losing way too many.  If I can play a comparable ball at cheaper price I can save money for lessons, then maybe I can get good enough to stop losing so many and go back to the Callaways and and Wilsons.

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Do an internet search for "recycled balls" You can get just about any ball for half price or less. Be sure to keep shipping costs in mind. Target and WallyMart have recycled balls in their golf dept. No shipping costs there. Not to sound like an ass, but if you're losing a lot of balls, I wouldn't be playing new balls anyway.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Thanks I will check online.

I like playing the same ball all the time.  I play with a guy that plays any ball he has or finds.  However when we are looking for his ball and find one, he can't say for sure it's his because he can't remember.

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

These are great at $24.99 for 24 balls, even better Amazon sometimes have them for $14.96............ Wilson ZIP Double Dozen Golf Balls, Pack of 24 (White) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MXIR6K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid;=A2A96EHROVBL&coliid;=I20HQASZX5E15J

You can purchase 2 dozen Top flite Gamer Soft balls for $30 from Dicks.  I have played this excellent 3 piece ball and it is priced this low because you are buying directly from the manufacturer (Dicks) who is still making a good profit.  I would check out the independent reviews of the Gamer Soft and see for yourself.  IMO, its a steal.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played the wilson staff 50's for the first time today and really liked them, they are only $12 a dozen at Walmart. The gamer is also a nice ball.

Our local K-Marts have the Wilson Staff 50 Elites for $8.94 a dozen.  Too bad they are the yellow ones.  I have a really hard time picking them out versus the whites.  I bought a bunch of both types anyway because that price was too good to pass on.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I played the wilson staff 50's for the first time today and really liked them, they are only $12 a dozen at Walmart. The gamer is also a nice ball.

Same here, I like the 50's in the late fall, low compression and if I lose one among the leaves, no big deal.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Same here, I like the 50's in the late fall, low compression and if I lose one among the leaves, no big deal.

Only thing about them is the get scratches in the pretty easy, and when you hit them they have a completely different feel at least for me.

You can purchase 2 dozen Top flite Gamer Soft balls for $30 from Dicks.  I have played this excellent 3 piece ball and it is priced this low because you are buying directly from the manufacturer (Dicks) who is still making a good profit.  I would check out the independent reviews of the Gamer Soft and see for yourself.  IMO, its a steal.

That is what I play and I agree with you.  Best ball in that price range, IMO.

For the OP:

http://www.golfballsdirect.com/2014_Callaway_Supersoft_Golf_Balls_1_dozen_p/608-gprog12callss14.htm

http://www.golfballsdirect.com/AAAAA_Wilson_Staff_Duo_recycled_used_golf_balls_p/608-gstrl12duo.htm

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I played those balls a while back. I thought they were pretty good 2 piece ball, which also had some decent spin around the green.  They felt good off the putter face too.  They were just a bit on the shorter side as far as distance for me, even though they were advertised as a longer ball off the tee. I'd use them again if I ever see them on a shelf.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
If I needed some good balls for a good price, Costco has some Callaway balls. They have two types. One is the Control. Hard and cheap. The other is a better ball. I tried to find them on their website, but they wouldn't come up. Maybe only my local Costco.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

If I needed some good balls for a good price, Costco has some Callaway balls. They have two types. One is the Control. Hard and cheap. The other is a better ball. I tried to find them on their website, but they wouldn't come up. Maybe only my local Costco.

I think Costco ran out of the Hex Pro balls after a big sale a few months ago online.

I'll be honest, I really love the Hex Control balls. I think of them as comparable to the Titleist NXT Tour model. Hair better than the Titleist Tour Distance Costco stocked in prior years.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!