IGNORED

Guy told me to go " F" myself at the driving range last weekend.

madolive3
Note: This thread is 3463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

EDIT:  Ledo, you're starting to make me feel bad again because you don't sound like you're joking.

It's all good huggy-bear. We all know you're a lover and not a fighter.

@14ledo81 keep in mind that not everyone reading this thread knows the running joke of Barney and the legend of the Face Punching. Which makes the following post pretty harsh without the context. Don't make Barney a sad Dino.

Quote:

Yeah.. I don't have much respect for this guy either.  I certainly felt small when all was said and done.

Yeah... good to keep in mind.  I did feel that Barney would know I was joking.

BTW, I can't even remember the original face punching post.  I don't even know where to find it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since you started the thread you are opening your self up for criticism as well.

The childish part is you getting in the guys face.. Obviously he's not right in the head to say that.. The one credit I give you is that you were able to control your self enough to not hit him I guess, which some hot heads would do.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with being afraid or not..  why would I ever put my self in a situation where that is even a slight possibility?  Unless someone is a threat to my wife and kids, I'm not going to put my self in that situation.  Not very smart to give someone a chance to deck you don't you think?  what if he did and knocked you out cold?  How smart would you feel when you wake up 10 minutes later and the guy is gone?

Where do you come from?  The ghetto?  come on man.. I would rather someone insult me all day than getting touched.. sticks and stones and what not..  Yes, because there is no winning or losing when you get into a fight.. even if you win you are a loser (unless in special circumstances where fighting is the only way of survival or protection of family and so on)

You are right, I wouldn't deck anyone nor would I say what that guy said to you.. But, there is no need to puff your chest out on a golf forum.. I mean really come on.. do you know how silly this sounds to others?  Golfers aren't really well known for being these macho tough guys who pick fights with people and are willing to deck others (for stupid little reasons).. Pick up football, or find an MMA forum and they will welcome you in with open arms :)

Anyway, all is well that ends well.. please don't take any of the above posts of mine personally, and thankfully I am an expat so I don't have to worry about you chasing me down!  (joking.. please don't get upset)

Yes I do come from the Ghetto, something wrong with that?

You guys are just hurting my feelings now.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

Yes I do come from the Ghetto, something wrong with that?  You guys are just hurting my feelings now.

There is nothing wrong with coming from the ghetto from a location stand point, but maintaining the ghetto mentality is where yes there is something wrong! Don't mean to hurt feelings, just expressing my true and honest opinion!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I think I would have been a little hacked about moving after I dropped my balls and possibly muttered something under my breath in frustration. When the guy said fu I probably would have stopped picking up my balls and verbally ridiculed him for saying it. Then tell him I am now staying in the stall and he can pack it up. I don't tolerate bullying or bs but I would not have gotten in his face. Too much of a threat to do that.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

If you say to a F U to another man, that's just asking for trouble.  Most of us may have matured enough to not escalate but you all know that some men are not going to back down from that sort of challenge.  A few may even throw a punch first and ask for apology later.   The next time he F U someone, he'd better expect the worst.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

This reminds me of a complete unrelated and equally uncomfortable topic......................while on a family vacation at WDW of all places!!!  I am with my wife and 2 small children.......

This was 10yrs ago so the exact memories are fuzzy....what I remember best is the extremely awkward moment!!!   It's lunchtime at WDW. it's peak summer,  and everybody is hot and bothered.  My family waits in A LONG line to order lunch at a counter-service restaurant inside the park.    When we finally proceed to the seating area, a full 1/3 of the seats are empty with a single person  "saving a table" as their family waits in line to order.   I am thinking to myself...this is BS because we were here first....and we have our food!!!

I finally find an empty table for 4.........we take it, but it has 2 chairs.  The table next to us clearly has taken them, but it's being "SAVED" by a person as their family waits in line for food orders.    The lady saving the table said these chairs were being saved, but I took them anyway.     I as politely as I could muster.....told her we were obviously here first because we have our food and you don't, and you clearly took 2 chairs from this table and apologized for inconveniencing her....but I was taking those 2 chairs!!  This is at WDW of all places...LOL   I made eye contact with the hubby once he came back, but nothing else was ever said........

I was hot and bothered....and I wanted my family to be able to sit down and eat!!   This was the most awkward moment ever at WDW!! LOL...it's my fault!!

:beer: I commend you for doing something about peoples selfish behavior, it's fine if they don't want to stand in line and want to sit down but you don't have the right to take away seating from people who where in line before you and Disneyland and other parks should have rules or signs in these areas saying people who have food take priority to seating.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Yes I do come from the Ghetto, something wrong with that?

You guys are just hurting my feelings now.

So did this happen at Spanos or Elkhorn?

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Bigger they are, harder they fall. Google Sven Struver getting knocked out. Crazy.

Lots of big dudes can't fight cuz they've never had to. In my experience, look out for the little guys.

They are also taught not to, because of the consequences of their natural strength. Why do you think the old gentle giant stereotype is so common?

The typical guy that can't control his temper will get arrested for assault one day. The really big guy that can't control his temper will end up getting arrested for manslaughter one day. When I became a teen, my parents went out of their way to drill that lesson into my head. Emphasizing that I had to control my temper, because I was so much physically bigger than my contemporaries I might seriously injure them (or worse) before I had even realized what I had done.

Plus, fighting is a no-win situation for a really big guy. Win the fight, and you are castigated for beating up someone smaller than you (even if you didn't start it). Lose the fight, and you are ridiculed for losing to a smaller opponent.

They are also taught not to, because of the consequences of their natural strength. Why do you think the old gentle giant stereotype is so common? The typical guy that can't control his temper will get arrested for assault one day. The really big guy that can't control his temper will end up getting arrested for manslaughter one day. When I became a teen, my parents went out of their way to drill that lesson into my head. Emphasizing that I had to control my temper, because I was so much physically bigger than my contemporaries I might seriously injure them (or worse) before I had even realized what I had done. Plus, fighting is a no-win situation for a really big guy. Win the fight, and you are castigated for beating up someone smaller than you (even if you didn't start it). Lose the fight, and you are ridiculed for losing to a smaller opponent.

Sure, makes sense. Never really thought of it from that angle. My real point was, I've seen a lot more bad-ass smaller dudes than big dudes in my day, so be careful who you tangle with.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Sure, makes sense. Never really thought of it from that angle. My real point was, I've seen a lot more bad-ass smaller dudes than big dudes in my day, so be careful who you tangle with.

I have a nephew that is short. He had to develop a bit of a reputation simply to keep people from running over him.

He's not particularly a hot head, but some people assumed that because he was small he'd be easy to  push around (as I pointed out earlier, bullies always go after what they think is the easy target). By developing a more aggressive persona, he was able to reduce the amount he was bullied.

Not all of us come from privileged back grounds. I didnt. Physical altercations were a regular occurrence. Now I will do everything in my power to avoid such a situation. Should have laughed off the FU as uneducated rhetori. But please dont invade my personal space. 6" is too close

Not all of us come from privileged back grounds. I didnt. Physical altercations were a regular occurrence. Now I will do everything in my power to avoid such a situation. Should have laughed off the FU as uneducated rhetori. But please dont invade my personal space. 6" is too close

What do privileged backgrounds have to do with anything? I certainly didn't come from a privileged background, perhaps others in the thread have but I don't see how that has any bearing on what constitutes acting like a dick. Civilized behaviour is not dependant on financial status.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The question was asked a page ago if he grew up in the ghetto. That's why I referred to financial status. Correct. Bad behavior affects us all

The ghetto behavior is a mindset in the end that is perpetuated through self fulfilling prophecies, it is usually either encouraged by the parents or discouraged and the child will usually come to a point in his life where he will make a decision on either carrying the ghetto gene on or just letting it go as uncivilized behavior and actively working on changing his and others behaviors around him! It sounds from your response that you understand exactly what was meant by ghetto behavior, but using the word "privileged" gave the impression that normal respectable behavior is reserved for the well off, while there is no way that is what was meant, and nore is it really the case!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Since I have unlimited use of both practice facilities I use I probably would have just left the balls there and just got another and hopefully the guy would feel like a real ass for saying what he did.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

When you grow up in a " lower class" hood,most, if not all you have is your pride. 99% of the time, it will involve a fight. My mom left my dad when I was 15, we moved to a very tough neighborhood, cuz the rent was low. My mom, 1 brother, and 2 sisters shared a 2 bedroom apt. we never had a phone, all we got was welfare, at that time I had no medical, or dental insurance. We had no car.

So, to give you a prospective from a "gehtto" side of things, someone even calls you a name, and it's on, If you don't respond, your labeled a Chicken, and from that day on, everyone and their brother will either call you names, beat the crap out of you, and take your lunch money, every day. One time a guy that lived next door to us, slapped my then 12 yr old brother, this guy was at least 30 yrs old.

I went and knocked on his door, no answer. The next day I saw him walking toward the apt building, asked why he slapped my brother, he said cuz he was mouthy toward him, so I said so you you just up and slapped him..? He says yup, I said well, try slapping me, I ended up breaking his jaw. After that day, he and his friends Never would even look at me or any of my family. Word gets around, and you get respect, that's how you survive.

I had been in more fights than I could count by the time I was 17, when I moved out. Was it right..? nope, but you did what you had to do, some guys never got over that mentality, some that were picked on, carried a hatred, I guess, and figure when they are grown, they can say FU and get away with it, sometimes you can, and other times, not so much.

So for 5 pages, you guys give the OP grief for gettin in the guys face, maybe, he did the guy a favor, by letting the dude know, you talk like that, there may be consequences. Not saying it's right, but that's the way things go.

So, what about all the fights at sporting events, where grown men fight in front of kids..? Now there's something to talk about... ;-)

Note: This thread is 3463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!