IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't like the acting AND dialogues for those 3 episodes.   The episode 2 is the worst I thought.

I think it's a toss up between episode 1 and 2. I liked Episode 3. I pretty much block out the 2-3 emo scenes between Padme and Anikan and focus on how bad ass Palpatine was in orchestrating the whole downfall of the Jedi Order. Honestly the dialogue for all the movies was never top notch. 

I first saw Episode IV on TV when I was like 1994 or 1995. So I don't have much emotional attachment to those movies. For me I put Episode 3 above Episode 4.  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it's a toss up between episode 1 and 2. I liked Episode 3. I pretty much block out the 2-3 emo scenes between Padme and Anikan and focus on how bad ass Palpatine was in orchestrating the whole downfall of the Jedi Order. Honestly the dialogue for all the movies was never top notch. 
I first saw Episode IV on TV when I was like 1994 or 1995. So I don't have much emotional attachment to those movies. For me I put Episode 3 above Episode 4.  

I love the fact that E3 tidied up all the sub plot story lines.  

I love the Star Wars story line.   But IMHO the movies weren't well made given the budget, director's credential, .... 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

This trailer totally blew me away! I was thrilled with what I saw, and it didn't give away any of the story. This trailer was all about setting up the characters, and each one had their own little dedicated part. THAT'S what Lucas really messed up about the prequels, he didn't create character's we actually cared about (with the exception of Obi-Wan, of course). From what I've heard, the writers of The Force Awakens (which includes one of the writers for Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) set out from the beginning to create characters we could connect with, AND THEN put them in the Star Wars universe. If the characters are cool and likable, and the story is interesting, they've got a hit on their hands.

The Cinematography was the most impressive thing, I think. That shot with Kylo Ren drenched in red as the camera pans forward? That was badass. This trailer gave me... a new hope.

jNh2KBl.jpg

Edited by GolfTheMoon
  • Upvote 1

THAT TRAILER WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I am so excited for this movie. More than I thought possible. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

This trailer totally blew me away! I was thrilled with what I saw, and it didn't give away any of the story. This trailer was all about setting up the characters, and each one had their own little dedicated part. THAT'S what Lucas really messed up about the prequels, he didn't create character's we actually cared about (with the exception of Obi-Wan, of course). From what I've heard, the writers of The Force Awakens (which includes one of the writers for Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) set out from the beginning to create characters we could connect with, AND THEN put them in the Star Wars universe. If the characters are cool and likable, and the story is interesting, they've got a hit on their hands.

The Cinematography was the most impressive thing, I think. That shot with Kylo Ren drenched in red as the camera pans forward? That was badass. This trailer gave me... a new hope.

jNh2KBl.jpg

No JJ Abrams movie complete without lens flare. :-)

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Ditto. I am looking forward to how J.J. Abrams does as director. I think he did a great job with Star Trek. 

It will be interesting to see how good the writing is now that it's not solely written by Lucas. It looks like they brought back the co-writer for Episodes IV, V & VI to help write Episode VII. As well as bringing in the writer who did Toy Story III and Oblivion. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ditto. I am looking forward to how J.J. Abrams does as director. I think he did a great job with Star Trek. 
It will be interesting to see how good the writing is now that it's not solely written by Lucas. It looks like they brought back the co-writer for Episodes IV, V & VI to help write Episode VII. As well as bringing in the writer who did Toy Story III and Oblivion. 

They've got a really good staff working on this thing, I agree. 

I found the music from the trailer without the dialogue and stuff and have been listening to it non-stop for the last three days, lol 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Star Trek into Darkness vs Star Wars 7

Imho, both Treks were test submissions for let me direct Star Wars please. Also Super 8.

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 5.38.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 5.39.33 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Supercut of all 3 trailers, plus some extras. So you see all four seasons covered, spring, fall, summer, winter, day, night, snow, rain. All the elements are covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIRoASL90EI

Steve

Going over the cast:

John Boyega - Acquitted himself well in "Attack the Block" (birdie), a fun movie where aliens attack a tough South London neighborhood.

Jason Isaacs - Great actor. Ex Machina, Inside Llewyn Davis, A Most Violent Year, Real Heroes (HBO)

Simon Pegg - Cornetto Trilogy, Mission Impossible, Star Trek

Max Von Sydow - Seventh Seal, tons of movies. 

Domhnall Gleeson - Up and coming actor. About Time, Black Mirror, Ex Machina

Gwendoline Christie - Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones

Andy Serkis - My Preeccciiioousss, Planet of the Apes.

Daisey Ridley has the thinnest resume, but seems to have good acting chops based on the bits I saw on YouTube.

Steve

Yeah it was pretty cool. Trying not to let my expectations get too high.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Steve

They're Cleveland, so I'd expect at least decent quality. Not the cross marketing strategy I would expect though. Maybe they think a lot of nerds play golf? 

‘Star Wars,’ Elvis and Me
Anything could have defined my generation, but it happened to be Luke, lightsabers and the Force.

By A. O. SCOTTOCT. 28, 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/01/movies/star-wars-elvis-and-me.html?ref=arts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_J5hnnt-N4

They're Cleveland, so I'd expect at least decent quality. Not the cross marketing strategy I would expect though. Maybe they think a lot of nerds play golf? 

Nerds are usually tech/IT guys and are doing okay income-wise and Star Wars is pretty much universally loved, so I see at least a niche market for it.

Steve

New generation actor (Rey, Finn) reactions to seeing the final trailer: 

https://instagram.com/p/9CzDvblE6W/

https://instagram.com/p/9DN_LbsCtp/

John Williams, folks. Arguably one of the greatest film composers, ever.

https://instagram.com/p/9ZTKO3MCim/

Steve

Amazing pop culture history in FB comment section on NYT Star Wars piece. 

https://m.facebook.com/nytimes/posts/10150686289189999

Steve

Funny video of director answering silly questions. It's very insidery. I'm sure he's exhausted by now, but he doesn't look it.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/10/jj-abrams-star-wars-questions-george-lucas

Steve

Note: This thread is 2925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!