IGNORED

rb72

rb72
Note: This thread is 3405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seriously? Do you honestly, legitimately consider this a valid point? Something you just made up?

You have no real basis for these claims. You've seemingly ignored every post which points out the opposite, and just keep repeating yourself, and making up more examples about how golf is different in the UK versus here in the U.S.

A small percentage?

I give up.

Enjoy the cave, people.

Wow you are really, really, really thick! IT'S CALLED A HYPOTHESIS, as in, I believe IF this THEN that. The experiment is designed to prove or disprove the hypothesis. And the hypothesis comes from my own experience. That's why I believe it.

Here you go:

Find me some quotes where you think somebody's been abusive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Where did you get this degree???

Your argument is weak and tiresome.

No need for the "H" in that acronym, based on the way you've been posting on this thread.  If you were humble, you'd at least take into consideration what's being explained to you, and I don't really see that.

Seriously? Do you honestly, legitimately consider this a valid point? Something you just made up?

Enjoy the cave.

You find it hard to believe? Why, because it goes against what you believe to be true?

Not a difficult concept for those of us with brains.

I asked if anyone else had experienced the same kind of success as I've had in the hope that the support of others might encourage others to try out the closed stance swing. Maybe it will work for them, too. I wasn't looking for a critique of my swing at this point. Maybe later.

Well then your on the wrong forum. Critique (of everything) is what these guys live for. Wait till they start telling you how stupid you are for not clinging to every word they say as gospel.

I think we've all had a chance to adequately express our views. In looking ahead, I cannot see how further discussion by me will be welcomed by others in this forum, so I will devote my attention to other threads and not succumb to the temptation to comment further.

Thanks to all for their participation and constructive comments.

Hey Joe this forum is fun, isn't it. (congratulations, you've driven another off the forum)

Well then your on the wrong forum. Critique (of everything) is what these guys live for. Wait till they start telling you how stupid you are for not clinging to every word they say as gospel.

The bolded is absolutely true, and that's a good thing.

This forum is about sharing quality information and helping each other get better at this game. Spreading unfounded, hocus-pocus swing theories is decidedly NOT what this forum is about. There are plenty of sites where you can do that.

This is also a forum that quite possibly holds it's members (and guests) to a higher standard. Got a theory? Fine, let's discuss it, but you don't get to just deposit it as gospel and then refuse to offer any supporting evidence.

I also don't recall anyone calling you stupid @rb72 . You very clearly demonstrated an inability to understand the charts and graphs in the "distance" thread, but I'm pretty sure the posts I saw directed at you were all attempts to clarify and simplify the information so you could understand it.

So, no, you're spreading pure bullshit right now and you know it. I believe the medical term is "butt hurt".

Hey Joe this forum is fun, isn't it. (congratulations iacas, you've driven another off the forum)

I wouldn't say that anyone is being driven off. Sometimes posters bring up flawed or incomplete theories. Sometimes their egos can deal with critique and they grow and learn and possibly even turn that originally flawed theory into a deeper understanding of the swing and maybe even better golf. Sometimes their egos can't take anything other than glowing, fawning support so they take their ball and go home. That is not the TST community's fault.

I, for one, am glad that swing theories and instructional posts are subject to fairly rigid peer review because I am trying to learn here and I don't want to waste my time on half-baked theories presented by 24 handicaps who haven't got a clue as to what constitutes a good golf swing. I can find all that on youtube.

• Upvote 4

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This forum is about sharing quality information and helping each other get better at this game. Spreading unfounded, hocus-pocus swing theories is decidedly NOT what this forum is about. There are plenty of sites where you can do that.

This is also a forum that quite possibly holds it's members (and guests) to a higher standard. Got a theory? Fine, let's discuss it, but you don't get to just deposit it as gospel and then refuse to offer any supporting evidence.

I also don't recall anyone calling you stupid @rb72 . You very clearly demonstrated an inability to understand the charts and graphs in the "distance" thread, but I'm pretty sure the posts I saw directed at you were all attempts to clarify and simplify the information so you could understand it.

So, no, you're spreading pure bullshit right now and you know it. I believe the medical term is "butt hurt".

I wouldn't say that anyone is being driven off. Sometimes posters bring up flawed or incomplete theories. Sometimes their egos can deal with critique and they grow and learn and possibly even turn that originally flawed theory into a deeper understanding of the swing and maybe even better golf. Sometimes their egos can't take anything other than glowing, fawning support so they take their ball and go home. That is not the TST community's fault.

I, for one, am glad that swing theories and instructional posts are subject to fairly rigid peer review because I am trying to learn here and I don't want to waste my time on half-baked theories presented by 24 handicaps who haven't got a clue as to what constitutes a good golf swing. I can find all that on youtube.

When challenged (by billchoa) to provide examples of insults, I did so with a post of numerous examples of insults by philmcgleno and iacas. That post has since been deleted (surprise, surprise). I could do the same here and provide multiple quotes where iacas has used the word "stupid" in reference to ideas and opinions suggested by me and others but what's the point. It will  just get deleted.  BTW, I do understand the tables and charts (a gain in 10% distance will lower your score more than a gain of 10% accuracy in degrees off center of target line) but I feel that they are only indicating a statistical anomaly that has no practical application in the real world and proves nothing and does not conclude that "distance is more important than accuracy".

Hey Joe this forum is fun, isn't it. (congratulations, you've driven another off the forum)

Would you prefer the forum and the members to perpetuate myths and fallacies?  At times I've been on the other side of the discussion and it stings a bit but ultimately I learned something and that's why I've remained a member here.   As @Ernest Jones recall anyone calling you "stupid", we questioned your interpretation of data that was presented.

It's great that @Joe Mama to compensate for his swing flaws but to present it as a proper swing method is doing a disservice to everyone that wants to build a swing on a solid foundation.  If Joe, at 70, just wants to enjoy golf with his effortless inside swing with closed stance no one here will call him stupid but we won't agree that it's a swing that others should attempt to duplicate.

Jim Furyk is a very successful golfer, but you don't see people in the golf instruction world suggesting everyone loop the club on their backswing.  This is a golf instruction site, so there needs to be some distinction between what is and what isn't a component of a good golf swing.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

I could do the same here and provide multiple quotes where iacas has used the word "stupid" in reference to ideas and opinions suggested by me and others but what's the point.

There is a very important distinction to be considered here.^^^^ Hint, it's bolded. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

When challenged (by billchoa) to provide examples of insults, I did so with a post of numerous examples of insults by philmcgleno and iacas. That post has since been deleted (surprise, surprise). I could do the same here and provide multiple quotes where iacas has used the word "stupid" in reference to ideas and opinions suggested by me and others but what's the point. It will  just get deleted.  BTW, I do understand the tables and charts (a gain in 10% distance will lower your score more than a gain of 10% accuracy in degrees off center of target line) but I feel that they are only indicating a statistical anomaly that has no practical application in the real world and proves nothing and does not conclude that "distance is more important than accuracy".

Even if you still don't agree with the premise that distance is more important than accuracy for amateurs can you honestly claim you learned nothing from the discussion?

Joe Paradiso

Would you prefer the forum and the members to perpetuate myths and fallacies?  At times I've been on the other side of the discussion and it stings a bit but ultimately I learned something and that's why I've remained a member here.

Your entire post is good, but this part needs to be repeated.  This has happened to me as well.  If you choose to come in with a closed mind and are just looking for validation, then you're not going to find it.

If, on the other hand, you are looking to learn and you have an open mind, then you can take what is given (I might remind everybody that its being GIVEN by highly qualified instructors for the price of .... "on the house") and possibly improve .

If that isn't what you are here for then .... what are you here for?

• Upvote 2

If that isn't what you are here for then .... what are you here for?

That is a very interesting question.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

I also don't recall anyone calling you stupid @rb72 . You very clearly demonstrated an inability to understand the charts and graphs in the "distance" thread, but I'm pretty sure the posts I saw directed at you were all attempts to clarify and simplify the information so you could understand it.

It was deleted because it was :offtopic: as is your latest post.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
Wow you are really, really, really thick! IT'S CALLED A HYPOTHESIS, as in, I believe IF this THEN that. The experiment is designed to prove or disprove the hypothesis. And the hypothesis comes from my own experience. That's why I believe it.

Ignoring the seemingly very real possibility that you don't know what a hypothesis is… Let's keep this post by you in mind as we investigate the other posts you think are "abusive."

Also, as I pointed out in the thread itself, you created or "made up" those scenarios and situations. That's just a truth.

Find me some quotes where you think somebody's been abusive.

Quote:

Where did you get this degree???

Brutal! Asking a question of someone who claims to have a Masters degree in math (and deemed it suitable to trot that out as if it had much (if any) merit…

Your argument is weak and tiresome.

Expression of an opinion, also, not attacking you but your argument. You were doing the same. This is perfectly allowed and encouraged on the site - to discuss someone's opinions.

No need for the "H" in that acronym, based on the way you've been posting on this thread.  If you were humble, you'd at least take into consideration what's being explained to you, and I don't really see that.

See above. The person to whom @Golfingdad was responding did not appear to be reading other posts, and he was saying he doesn't really see the other posts being considered.

That's not abusive. Statement of fact. I already responded to that in the thread by pointing out how you had, in fact, made it up, despite several posts saying that single hypotheticals carried no weight because they could be made to suit your side, my side, or any other side in the discussion.

Enjoy the cave.

Allegory of the Cave, by Plato. Referred to above. Your worldview consists of the shadows you see on the wall, and you're attacking people who have been freed of the shackles of conventional thinking and get to see a bit of the outside world, then return to the cave to share their findings and thoughts with others.

You find it hard to believe? Why, because it goes against what you believe to be true?

Seriously, you listed this as an example of "abuse"? I don't know what to tell you if you think this is "abuse" except maybe to avoid the Internet altogether.

Not a difficult concept for those of us with brains.

Meh.

Each of these - even summed up - pale in comparison to " Wow you are really, really, really thick! ".

The truth sucks sometimes.

I moved the wildly off-topic posts from the one thread to this thread. I also restored your two deleted posts, neither of which were at all on topic.

Perhaps we should have simply called you "really, really, really thick." But that begs the question… at what point does calling someone thick become abusive? Is it between the third and fourth "really" or can you add as many "really"s as you like, but because the word "thick" isn't a curse or the word "stupid" it's okay?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

And, following a series of escalations in PMs, wherein @rb72 called me and others names like "dick" and stuff, @rb72 has earned himself a permanent ban.

Addition via subtraction.

Nobody has ever or will ever be banned for disagreeing.

You can and likely will be banned if you behave like a ****ing *******.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And, following a series of escalations in PMs, wherein @rb72 called me and others names like "dick" and stuff, @rb72 has earned himself a permanent ban.

Addition via subtraction.

Nobody has ever or will ever be banned for disagreeing.

You can and likely will be banned if you behave like a ****ing *******.

I don't know what he was on the site for but it certainly wasn't to have a discussion. Props to Erik for being patient with him and providing a ton of evidence to support the "distance is slightly more important" side.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!