IGNORED

My Swing (golfrocks)

golfrocks
Note: This thread is 3383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay guys I I was very confused on mikes last post he said my hips stopped turning 3/4 on the backswing and my arms kept goingso what do I have to do am I over swinging because my hips aren't turning enough or my hips are turning enough but I need to shorten my arm swing

Okay guys I I was very confused on mikes last post he said my hips stopped turning 3/4 on the backswing and my arms kept goingso what do I have to do am I over swinging because my hips aren't turning enough or my hips are turning enough but I need to shorten my arm swing

Watch the video, it explains it fairly clearly.

What he was trying to say is that your arm gets behind your body, which causes the club to travel longer than it should. If your arms stay in front of your shirt seam it will help to keep your swing from going too far. Basically just stop the arms when your turn stops instead of the arms going until they are physically unable to continue further.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Basically just stop the arms when your turn stops instead of the arms going until they are physically unable to continue further.

This ^^^^.

This might be a very good thread for you to look at.

TL;DR, feel like your right arm never bends, it will, but feel like it doesn't. As soon as it feels like it has to bend, STOP.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

am I over swinging because my hips aren't turning enough or my hips are turning enough but I need to shorten my arm swing

IMO a big reason why you over-swing is because you don't turn your hips enough. Reason I recommended the drill I posted, will force you to use the pivot to "carry" your arms.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Would love to see a face-on look.

Looks good until impact. Maybe the net is causing you to kind of slow down or something, but you appear to almost try to stop or something at or just after impact, and the follow-through looks weak. Is the net kind of getting in your head? I know hitting in a simulator bugs me even though I know I won't hit anything, I still swing kind of like you appear to be swinging.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Backswing looks a lot better dude.

I'd recommend taking a look at this piece. @iacas mentioned the net might be causing you to slow down or do some weird stuff on the followthrough, so that could also be contributing to the lack of weight transfer on the downswing.

Jonathan Byrd, notice how much further forward his hips and left knee have transferred and how his right foot has "rolled" forward a bit.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

Hey guys I got a question I was looking at the dtl video and my right elbow it's still behind me and when I get to the driver I get way across the line and I get stuck on the downswing

The answers are all above. Plus, you can't expect such massive changes to your swing in a week. Or even a month.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas can you please explain to me one more time. I don't get why I'm doing this?

Why doesnt my right arm rotate and stay right in front of me

:-)

http://thesandtrap.com/t/78424/my-swing-golfrocks/36#post_1082814

Mike McLoughlin

So I don't turn my shoulders don't turn enough

Your arms aren't sequenced with your pivot. Did you do the drill?

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!