IGNORED

Best Concert you Have Ever Been To...

DoubleEagle
Note: This thread is 3358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How the heck did Buddy Rich get on this lineup? Buddy Rich? Don't get me wrong, I saw Buddy live, and he was terrific. But putting him on the bill with groups like Iron Butterfly, Booker T, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, et al, seems a little out of place. I guess you could say the same for B.B. King, one of the all-time great blues guitarists.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

How the heck did Buddy Rich get on this lineup? Buddy Rich? Don't get me wrong, I saw Buddy live, and he was terrific. But putting him on the bill with groups like Iron Butterfly, Booker T, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, et al, seems a little out of place. I guess you could say the same for B.B. King, one of the all-time great blues guitarists.

It was all about the music!  What a great line up!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfreuter415

Quote:

It was all about the music!  What a great line up!

No kidding. Awesome lineup.

Butterfield Blues Band!!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have been able to see a few in my lifetime. I will definitely date myself, but here goes.

Chicago in 1976 and 1992. At the 1992 one, there were people older and 20 years younger than me, and all had a great time.

Elvis Presley in 1976

Tom Jones in about 1984

The BeeGees 1979

Heart in about 79

Billy Joel a couple of times

Boz Scaggs

Elton John

Linda Ronstadt

Jerry Lee Lewis

The Oak Ridge Boys

The Statler Brothers with Barbara Mandrell

A couple that I coulda/shoulda and didn't and regret not doing  Doobie Brothers, Eagles

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I have been able to see a few in my lifetime. I will definitely date myself, but here goes.

Chicago in 1976 and 1992. At the 1992 one, there were people older and 20 years younger than me, and all had a great time.

Elvis Presley in 1976

A couple that I coulda/shoulda and didn't and regret not doing  Doobie Brothers, Eagles

Hey dbuck,

I saw Chicago in 1974 and about 4 more times with the last one in 2010. There were a lot of the greybeards in the audience, and a number of younger fans, too.

I saw the Doobie Brothers with Chicago int '74, and the Eagles last year. The Eagles were phenomenal. They are on tour right now in Australia.

You saw Elvis?  WOW!  They saw that was one of the best shows ever!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Hey dbuck,

I saw Chicago in 1974 and about 4 more times with the last one in 2010. There were a lot of the greybeards in the audience, and a number of younger fans, too.

I saw the Doobie Brothers with Chicago int '74, and the Eagles last year. The Eagles were phenomenal. They are on tour right now in Australia.

You saw Elvis?  WOW!  They saw that was one of the best shows ever!

Elvis was great if you like Elvis, which I did. There was no Ticketmaster, you had to go to the venue and stand in line when the tickets went on sale, around 3 months before the concert. A buddy and I went and got in line about 3 AM. About 4 AM, the line started moving for some reason, and people who were asleep got passed. The tickets went on sale about 9 AM. We got ours about 1:30PM. We each bought the limit of 8 tickets--for $13 each. I let a lady I worked with have 4, and let my buddy have 1-I took a couple of girl cousins and decided not to take a date. I had been out with my wife a time or two, but not in a while at the time. She has never let me forget it, LOL! I partially made up for it by taking her to see Elton John many years later.

I had an opportunity to see the Eagles and I do wish I had.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Mostly in the 70's.

Emerson lake and Palmer, back up was Yes.

Led Zeppelin @ the connetic p layground before it burnt down.

Eric Clapton when George Harrison showed up

Bob Dillon and the Band

The Who, all Original members

Pink Floyd , to many times to count, maybe just don't remember

Rolling Stones

I still hate Chicago and in particular this band that opened for them called Berlin. Berlin was a one hit wonder with a 80s song called 99 Luftballoons. I was at a unnamed University where Berlin opened for Chicago. I was there nailing a freshman hottie, but that night she disappeared on their tour bus. Never saw her again.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories)

Performed on Sentrum Scene in Oslo, Norway, March 2013.

It's a small stage with room for around 1750 when not using chairs. I'd seen Wilson's live shows for his two previous solo albums and were really looking forward to it. The front row (I believe it was chairs) gets pretty close to the stage. I was 2-3 rows behind the front and had a good view. As usual, I had listened to the album extensively before the concert, and the music is what made it so good. They had some background visual footage, but no big scene play. Not all albums or songs fit that well live, but I thought this album did great. They played through the album and followed it with various songs from his earlier albums, even Radioactive Toy from the early 90's. I don't know how good the stage is as far as audio quality goes, but Wilson cares deeply about quality on his albums and I thought the audio was pretty good.

The album is currently ranked as the number one from 2013 on Progarchives ; it was definitely my favorite album from that year and is still one of my favorite albums ever. I've already bought my ticket for Wilson's next live show for his upcoming album: Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Michael Jackson "Bad" tour at Wembley Stadium, London in 1988. I was 10 years old and a huge fan and had never been to a concert before. I couldn't see and the marshalls let me stand up in the security booth with them to watch the show which was amazing. We left slightly early to avoid the huge crowds (the stadium was filled beyond capacity from what I've just read) and as we were walking back to the station he drove past in a black limo and smiled and waved out of the open window at me.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Michael Jackson "Bad" tour at Wembley Stadium, London in 1988. I was 10 years old and a huge fan and had never been to a concert before. I couldn't see and the marshalls let me stand up in the security booth with them to watch the show which was amazing. We left slightly early to avoid the huge crowds (the stadium was filled beyond capacity from what I've just read) and as we were walking back to the station he drove past in a black limo and smiled and waved out of the open window at me.

I am sorry I never saw Michael Jackson live after watching the film "This is It" about his preparation for his scheduled concerts in London before he tragically died. I thought he was washed up by that time, but that film showed how hard he worked at his craft and how truly talented he still was.

Bill M

I am sorry I never saw Michael Jackson live after watching the film "This is It" about his preparation for his scheduled concerts in London before he tragically died. I thought he was washed up by that time, but that film showed how hard he worked at his craft and how truly talented he still was.

Same here. Was never all that big of a fan until I saw that movie. The guy's talent was near supernatural. When you watch the selection process for the dancers where they literally scour the face of the earth for the best dancers in the world and reject +90% of them to get the absolute cream of the cream and yet, MJ comes out and makes them look like uncoordinated toddlers. Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Same here. Was never all that big of a fan until I saw that movie. The guy's talent was near supernatural. When you watch the selection process for the dancers where they literally scour the face of the earth for the best dancers in the world and reject +90% of them to get the absolute cream of the cream and yet, MJ comes out and makes them look like uncoordinated toddlers. Lol.

He was an adorable kid.  I still like the Jackson 5 songs.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My favorite live band was always NRBQ.  Lots of influences, lots of styles, no set list, and tons of fun.

Another real highlight, I saw John Hyatt and Lyle Lovett in a small club.  Two great songwriters, taking turns, it was almost like you were in someone's living room with the two of them.

Last, from far off the beaten path, is Southern Culture on the Skids.  Nothing but fun, great sense of humor.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Some bands cause me trouble. Maybe I drive too fast and get a ticket or get crazy and get a reputation. I had to ban Big and Rich from my playlists for example. Southern Culture on the skids may be like that. We will see.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Another real highlight, I saw John Hyatt and Lyle Lovett in a small club.  Two great songwriters, taking turns, it was almost like you were in someone's living room with the two of them.

Saw the same show. Really fun. Saw a similar show around the same time with Steve Earle and Shawn Colvin. Interesting concept.

Bill M

Berlin was a one hit wonder with a 80s song called 99 Luftballoons.

If I remember right, 99 Luftballoons was done by a group called Nena.  The one song I remember from Berlin was "riding on the Metro".  Terri Nunn of Berlin was (and maybe still is) a blond hottie, while the lead singer of Nena, whose name I can't remember, was a brunette hottie.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 3358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!