IGNORED

Ball striking

Note: This thread is 3384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Further to my learning I have come on even more! From shanks to great ball striking, I am now starting and following through using my left arm to start and finish swing leaving right arm to be passive what great results solid out of centre hits

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes been using tape these are my new ap2 714s and was damp out there so leaving clear impression of so I took a pic what a difference doing left arm thing:)

What's your 'left arm thing' Jamie?

Mark

Weapons of choice:
:titleist: 910 D2 :titleist: 910 Fd 15° :titleist:910H 17°
:mizuno: Mp54 4-PW :vokey:52 -12 :vokey:  56 - 12 :vokey: 60 - 08
:odyssey: Pro Type 2 ball 

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that

It's exactly what I was talking about. Left side dominant and it has worked for me for many years. I became scratch afterwards. I am getting back into golf now and it still works like magic. I'm not sure about some folks saying use right scapula and what not.. Too weird for me. I know what works for me.

I'm using Dr. Scholl's foot spray on my club head. It wipes off with a towel.

I like left side dominant.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I'm using Dr. Scholl's foot spray on my club head. It wipes off with a towel.

I like left side dominant.

Who are you talking to?  Using the quote feature is a good thing.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Hi dunlucedreams I mean using my left side or arm to start the takeaway letting my right side be passive then on downswing pull through with left side again works a treat as you can see from impact pic:) thanks

Hi dunlucedreams

I mean using my left side or arm to start the takeaway letting my right side be passive then on downswing pull through with left side again works a treat as you can see from impact pic:) thanks

I'm not sure I can understand this. I'd be interested to know exactly what you mean - is it more of a swing thought ie think of your left arm throughout the swing ? I just tried with a few practise swings (without a club) and I'm struggling to understand the concept.

Always interested in ways to help to hit the ball better :)

[QUOTE name="jamiesmith900" url="/t/79324/ball-striking#post_1096720"] Hi dunlucedreams I mean using my left side or arm to start the takeaway letting my right side be passive then on downswing pull through with left side again works a treat as you can see from impact pic:) thanks[/QUOTE]  I'm not sure I can understand this. I'd be interested to know exactly what you mean - is it more of a swing thought ie think of your left arm throughout the swing ? I just tried with a few practise swings (without a club) and I'm struggling to understand the concept. Always interested in ways to help to hit the ball better :)

The feel is that during the initial part of the downswing it feels like you are pulling with your left shoulder. This is a reactionary force and not the primary force as the legs and hips are the primary initial source of power. Note that for me it's the opposite side.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hi topgrape The feeling for me is to have more of a grip with the left hand and feel more of the clubs weight with left hand and arm keeping the triangle shape and just letting right arm fold naturally nice and loose:) lihu is very right too

Note: This thread is 3384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!