IGNORED

2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He seemed pretty angry, I agree with @Abu3baid hem the "SUCK IT" gesture.  Fortunately for Bohn I doubt the PGA Tour are professional wrestling fans so the powers that be probably don't know what he gesture meant.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Basically it means "SUCK IT", I think it was coined by triple H, and it is a well known insult you do to taunt your opponents or others.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with him taunting the fans by fist pumping or starring them down or something similar, but you might as well give them the finger if you are going to do what you did (IMO giving the finger is a lot more civilized than what he did)

He seemed pretty angry, I agree with @Abu3baid he was giving them the "SUCK IT" gesture.  Fortunately for Bohn I doubt the PGA Tour are professional wrestling fans so the powers that be probably don't know what he gesture meant.

Yeah, that makes sense.  The other example I gave (Pete Weber) is a bit different now that I think about it.  He doesn't turn and look at his opponent, he just does it towards the pins or the camera or whatever.  It is basically known that he is just being a goof.

I guess its possible that the hecklers said some rude things to him, who knows?

Yeah, that makes sense.  The other example I gave (Pete Weber) is a bit different now that I think about it.  He doesn't turn and look at his opponent, he just does it towards the pins or the camera or whatever.  It is basically known that he is just being a goof. I guess its possible that the hecklers said some rude things to him, who knows?

You nailed it and I was going to say the same thing but didn't mention it, that the difference was the guy turned around and did the act at a specific group of people rather just celebrate. You would be able to easily tell if he was just celebrating for hitting the shot. The part you mention about the hecklers is most likely true and they probably said something to get him real angry. Now depending on what they said I'm sure he could have called over security and pointed people out or something maybe? I don't know if he had any other recourse action he could have taken, but my issue is just him bringing himself down to the level of the hecklers. (I'm trying to think of an alternative here, but maybe I should excuse him because it is obvious that his emotions really just took over) I just never expected a pro golfer to ever do that move, so I was just taken a little back.. I'm silly, they are humans after all!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

This is great, Ryan Palmer was throwing golf balls into the crowd at 16...signed, "have a beer on me." Wrapped in $10 bill.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

This is great, Ryan Palmer was throwing golf balls into the crowd at 16...signed, "have a beer on me." Wrapped in $10 bill.

I am appalled!  Appalled that beer cost $10!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!