IGNORED

2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What a let down.

Thought this was supposedly a rowdy crowd.

They still could be, but frankly, I don't know if a huge percentage of them even care about the Allenby ordeal.

I bet there was someone in the crowd giving him a hard time though. It was tough to hear individual people.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Tiger not only has the worst short game on tour, but if these past two events are any indication the worst short game ever on tour. That short game would get him bounced early from The Big Break.

That's a great way to hurt yourself, Tiger....

I was thinking that I hoped he wouldn't hurt himself when I saw it. [quote name="Crim" url="/t/79527/2015-waste-management-phoenix-open-discussion-thread/0_100#post_1100188"]They still could be, but frankly, I don't know if a huge percentage of them even care about the Allenby ordeal.  I bet there was someone in the crowd giving him a hard time though. It was tough to hear individual people. [/quote] You mean they're not golf addicts like us?! Haha [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/79527/2015-waste-management-phoenix-open-discussion-thread/0_100#post_1100189"]I think they temper it a little until Saturday.;-) [/quote] I guess the guys who are on golf forums like TST go on Saturday's, eh? ;)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just think he's rusty. I don't see this as any "warning signs".

I've been hearing "He's rusty" for the past year and a half. I truly think he's lost right now with his golf swing and his confidence. Not saying he can't get it back, but it's not as easy path back. Just going to take a lot of hard work and practice.

awesome?  i wouldnt say that.  but like i said, my hate is mellowing out.

is there anyone else who can channel being disingenuous more than this guy? i mean cmon, look at that fake smile.

I actually am starting to dislike him after years of Loving the guy... Neither true LOVE or TRUE HATE. Don't know how things are interpreted here yet. Like spelling, and or Grammar... Time is important and I type as if in a coversation with YOU, YOU, and YOU !

As for Phil, I liked that he was a good guy, had to deal with Tiger all those years and still won. Just seemed like a good guy and never thought the smile was fake. When he started taking money for worthless commercials, MEDS, etc. it showed that he has joined the upper / uppidity class of super rich folk. Sports and the money involved now has turned many into "have to have more" people. The commercials he does look bad and the fat he can't act, make it look like he is faking it. From here out he will spend more time on making money rather than the game of golf, it's fans, the kids that need inspired, and overall more important things in life to the 99% that need more of him.

Going to be a million opinions and all are good. Someone here that makes 3M a year wouldn't hae a clue of my view and may think PHIL is doing what is best for his family. If I were rich I may think the same way...

So many of the sports figures turn out this way.

I certainly can understand wanting privacy and I could never pop out the smile ALWAYS like he does. He should get credit for always being a good guy. Offered up some good stuff when beaten up badly by the europeans. A little trouble is good for the PGA. Tom watson had turned into the guy I see phil becoming. Money and everyone around them are to SERVE, never question their thoughts...

As you can see I am way to opinionated, sorry...

Welcome!

I'm not sure what you mean by new comers suffering on tee times?  Having never played competitive golf I'm not sure what you mean by it.  Would you please elaborate for me?

Last week on Thursdays tee times I noticed Berger, Ortiz, Finau, A. Putnam, A Hadwin, Cejka, Barber, Axley, Homa, Curran, Fathauer, Saunders, and a few more with last Tee Times or near the end. Not eactly sure it was all of these guys, but most. I notice it quite a bit on the tour. All things should be even and the Tee Times should be a blind draw at the start and then rotate out of that on Friday. The following week if you were in the middle section on thursday / friday then you should be put into the late or early sets. I know something better could be set up for the PGA. Excluding personal tour dates (if you dont play each week).

Not fair that a group of guys like this that worked so hard on the Web tour are dropped to the back because their NAME isn't popular. Funny how all of them were from the web tour too. It should be fair and it could be done much better. I understand and they could still match certain players the way they want. Create the "bigshot groups"... The guys frop 75 - 125 suffer too. Working on a spreadsheet so I cant keep track of guys that do well in the morning vs late. Helps with handicapping them if picking by the day...

No one likes playing on a course that had 100 guys walk though it the past 6 hours...

Not fair that a group of guys like this that worked so hard on the Web tour are dropped to the back because their NAME isn't popular.

But everybody goes through that.  When their names become more popular, they'll move up to the more "prime-time" slots and the next wave of new guys will have to "pay their dues."

And these courses haven't been touched for weeks prior to each tournament and don't have a single divot on them prior to this week.  The 100 guys playing before them are not bothering them in the least.  The random fluxuations in the weather help/hurt people a lot more often than a divot or a spike mark and those are blind luck.  The wind blows Thursday afternoon in Hawaii but not Friday and so the guys in the first wave Thursday got lucky.  The opposite can be true the next week.

heres the tee times:

TEE #

TIME

PLAYER NAMES

7:30 AM

Graham DeLaet

Kevin Chappell

Troy Merritt

7:30 AM

Bo Van Pelt

Kevin Kisner

Luke Guthrie

7:39 AM

Carl Pettersson

Shawn Stefani

James Hahn

7:39 AM

Robert Garrigus

Tim Wilkinson

Billy Hurley III

7:48 AM

Bryce Molder

Scott Langley

Jamie Donaldson

7:48 AM

Jason Bohn

Ricky Barnes

Martin Flores

7:57 AM

Ryan Moore

Seung-Yul Noh

Zach Johnson

7:57 AM

Hunter Mahan

Phil Mickelson

Rickie Fowler

8:06 AM

Bill Haas

Russell Henley

Gary Woodland

8:06 AM

Matt Kuchar

Jason Dufner

Keegan Bradley

8:15 AM

Angel Cabrera

Ken Duke

John Merrick

8:15 AM

Robert Streb

Ben Martin

Retief Goosen

8:24 AM

Charley Hoffman

Kevin Streelman

Matt Every

8:24 AM

Matt Jones

Brandt Snedeker

Jonas Blixt

8:33 AM

Boo Weekley

Lucas Glover

Kenny Perry

8:33 AM

Camilo Villegas

Martin Laird

Justin Leonard

8:42 AM

Aaron Baddeley

Daniel Summerhays

Russell Knox

8:42 AM

Pat Perez

William McGirt

Brooks Koepka

8:51 AM

George McNeill

Scott Verplank

Justin Hicks

8:51 AM

Andres Romero

Brian Stuard

Francesco Molinari

9:00 AM

Sung Joon Park

Andrew Loupe

Michael Block

9:00 AM

Carlos Ortiz

Derek Fathauer

Michael Hopper

11:40 AM

Charlie Beljan

Brian Davis

Ryo Ishikawa

11:40 AM

Robert Allenby

Brendon de Jonge

Nicholas Thompson

11:49 AM

Chez Reavie

Morgan Hoffmann

Jason Kokrak

11:49 AM

Freddie Jacobson

Danny Lee

Brice Garnett

11:58 AM

Erik Compton

David Hearn

Troy Kelly

11:58 AM

Kyle Stanley

Jhonattan Vegas

Chris Stroud

12:07 PM

Patrick Reed

Tiger Woods

Jordan Spieth

12:07 PM

J.B. Holmes

Geoff Ogilvy

Harris English

12:16 PM

Bubba Watson

Billy Horschel

Hideki Matsuyama

12:16 PM

Brian Harman

Scott Stallings

Charles Howell III

12:25 PM

Chesson Hadley

Michael Thompson

Mike Weir

12:25 PM

Nick Taylor

Nick Watney

Kevin Na

12:34 PM

Steven Bowditch

David Toms

Stewart Cink

12:34 PM

Woody Austin

Scott Piercy

Rory Sabbatini

12:43 PM

Derek Ernst

Mark Wilson

K.J. Choi

12:43 PM

Sang-Moon Bae

Ben Crane

Ryan Palmer

12:52 PM

Cameron Tringale

Michael Putnam

Jim Renner

12:52 PM

Chad Campbell

Gonzalo Fdez-Castano

Andrew Svoboda

1:01 PM

Brendan Steele

Jeff Overton

Spencer Levin

1:01 PM

John Huh

Padraig Harrington

Adam Hadwin

1:10 PM

Tony Finau

Justin Thomas

Cory Renfrew

1:10 PM

Daniel Berger

Scott Harrington

Jon Rahm

From 7.57 a.m - 12.16 a.m. you have the names of importance. Early guys play on a wet slow track and late guys on a trampled course tore up by the best in the world. Yes, there are a few good names outside that box. You can bet that if Adam Hadwin or James Hahn get 7 top 10 finishes with 3 wins and and a second in a major this year. They will get a better tee time next year and that is just wrong, only in my opinion. No other sport offers such an advantage to the top players. You cant really compare tennis, the other individual sport as a seeding is different.

I don't think Thursday and Friday pairings make a difference in TV viewing dollars. Plus, it would be good to know all the players a little better. Acually wish the golf channel had a show or two on the young guns, up and comers, comback players. Also an informative show into their lives a little, who got married this year, small injuries, things that brought us closer without infringing. 10 each 2 minute interviews each month... Even a show into the college programs.

But everybody goes through that.  When their names become more popular, they'll move up to the more "prime-time" slots and the next wave of new guys will have to "pay their dues."

And these courses haven't been touched for weeks prior to each tournament and don't have a single divot on them prior to this week.  The 100 guys playing before them are not bothering them in the least.  The random fluxuations in the weather help/hurt people a lot more often than a divot or a spike mark and those are blind luck.  The wind blows Thursday afternoon in Hawaii but not Friday and so the guys in the first wave Thursday got lucky.  The opposite can be true the next week.

I certainly am not close enough to the tour to know that stuff Also have not golf enough in my life to know it either. THat is good to know... I would think all courses would be a little slower early ? Also have read on several articles and or online comments about it being considered BAD to get a late draw. That is where my comments originate.

I have noticed that eary tee times on Thursdays almost always produce better scores. Hear the comentators talk quite a bit about "being on the right side of the draw" Or a comment like "he was on the bad side of the draw" ? an't always be about bad early or late weather. Sometime that can get ya too.

Eldrick bomb on the 17th!  341 yards. I looked up at the monitor, and just saw the entire swing in time, and right away I knew it was a great, fluid, monster swing, and the results didn't lie.

Yup. Looked like he launched it way up in the air too. Maybe hitting it on the upswing now?

Colin P.

The funniest moment on 16 was when some guy yelled " if you make this putt you'll be top 3 in the world! " while Patrick Reed was lining up his putt.

Note: This thread is 3421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!