IGNORED

What advice would you give Tiger?

rcarat
Note: This thread is 3365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shorty

Loving the advice that you would normally reserve for a team of junior high students who've just lost a match of some sort.

Giving the level of play on Friday, it may not be that inappropriate.

My advice  would be "Don''t listen to advice that you see here."

You do realize that nobody here (well, almost nobody) would really try to give a tour player advice, don't you? It's just a thread in a golf forum. And I'm pretty sure Woods isn't scanning the internet looking for an answer. But just in case he is, at least he'll come to his senses once he reads your advice.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

wonder what Jack has to say about all of this......

Lol - see my post just above yours. That was A. Palmer, referencing his grandson and advice he would give him. I think it was timeless advice. Jack would have a very interesting distance in his advice also.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

To all those saying he needs to practice more, or play more.... isn't that his life already? TW has a putting green in his back yard I think.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

http://golfweek.com/news/2015/jan/31/tiger-woods-chipping-problems-paul-azinger-explain/

zinger chimes in

Yes, that TW has been "over engineered", that his personality has shifted (not as aggressive) , and also the back issue. Same advice he can get in this thread LOL.

He needs to find balance and find it quick. I'm not talking about in his swing, I'm talking about in his life. If he becomes obsessed with returning to domination he will miss some of the best years with his kids. Then one day they will be grown and the window is closed. No amount of money or game will bring it back. He has nothing to prove to the world. At this point in his career he needs to wake up, look in the mirror and ask if he likes going to "work". If you're just miserable and frustrated then change. That's not quitting, that's having perspective.

He needs to find balance and find it quick. I'm not talking about in his swing, I'm talking about in his life. If he becomes obsessed with returning to domination he will miss some of the best years with his kids. Then one day they will be grown and the window is closed. No amount of money or game will bring it back. He has nothing to prove to the world. At this point in his career he needs to wake up, look in the mirror and ask if he likes going to "work". If you're just miserable and frustrated then change. That's not quitting, that's having perspective.

You know I think I could handle the schedule of a pro golfer and still have plenty of time for the family - no worse than many of us doing  50 hours/week + today. There is plenty of time between events. And practice? So you live on a course. I don't see the issue.

I love Tiger, but I'm t

To all those saying he needs to practice more, or play more.... isn't that his life already? TW has a putting green in his back yard I think.

Not necessarily. He spends a lot of time traveling to see his kids and spends time with his gf. I'm sure he practices, but to go from playing like an amateur to regaining that "elite level", you need to be obsessed with practice, and I'm not so sure he's been obsessed with it. But then again, I don't know his private life and private schedule.

I love Tiger, but I'm t

Not necessarily. He spends a lot of time traveling to see his kids and spends time with his gf. I'm sure he practices, but to go from playing like an amateur to regaining that "elite level", you need to be obsessed with practice, and I'm not so sure he's been obsessed with it. But then again, I don't know his private life and private schedule.

Perhaps that's why Rory got so much better after the breakup. Freedom to do nothing but practice.

Perhaps that's why Rory got so much better after the breakup. Freedom to do nothing but practice.

Possibly long term, but the improvement was almost immediate, he broke up with her one weekend and won the next week. I think he was mentally cleansed of worrying about a wedding he didn't want/wasn't ready for.

You know I think I could handle the schedule of a pro golfer and still have plenty of time for the family - no worse than many of us doing  50 hours/week + today. There is plenty of time between events. And practice? So you live on a course. I don't see the issue.

Ya think so? Between the gym, hours of practice every day, media events, sponsor obligations, pro ams, traveling to and from tournaments, studying video and so on you could find enough time to help with homework, watch little league, build a model airplane, teach your own kid to swing a club, talk about the birds and the bees and so? You must own a very fast Delorean.

Ya think so? Between the gym, hours of practice every day, media events, sponsor obligations, pro ams, traveling to and from tournaments, studying video and so on you could find enough time to help with homework, watch little league, build a model airplane, teach your own kid to swing a club, talk about the birds and the bees and so? You must own a very fast Delorean.

I forgot about the media and sponsor events and other details.I guess like a lot of jobs balance can be difficult.

I think he has quilt factor building up.

Kids have gone through a divorce and it isn't going to get any easier I can all but assume, the issues will certainly pile up the more they grow up and understand the past, and I'm sure this is on his mind knowing the bond needs to made to avoid that.

Who knows this may even be happening now....

I think he has quilt factor building up.

Kids have gone through a divorce and it isn't going to get any easier I can all but assume, the issues will certainly pile up the more they grow up and understand the past, and I'm sure this is on his mind knowing the bond needs to made to avoid that.

Who knows this may even be happening now....

Someone spoke about him travelling to see his kids. Well, when he was great he didn't have to travel to see them because he lived with them. So quite literally some of the time issues he faces today he brought on himself. Then you have the invincibility aura he once had. That is gone too. It is obvious that other golfers think they can beat him, so maybe he thinks they can beat him too. Funny how the mind works. One day you are bulletproof, the next you struggle to hit a normal chip shot

• Upvote 1

Rich, to be totally fair, no it isn't. The guy shot the worst 18- and 36-hole rounds of his career. He chipped worst than I would left-handed with no practice. It's different…

We'll see.  I'm not going to blow one round out of proportion.  I remember him looking pretty crappy at times in his other comebacks.  You may end up being correct, but I'm going to withhold judgement until we see a lot more of him.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Rich, to be totally fair, no it isn't. The guy shot the worst 18- and 36-hole rounds of his career. He chipped worst than I would left-handed with no practice. It's different…

Sounds like you're singing a different tune and starting to realize what I've been saying for the past year.

I honestly don't have any advice for Tiger. He would know better than any of us how to fix things unfortunately what he's going up against can't be fixed. Funny though, the more certain it's looking that he's done, the more I like him and the more I know I'll miss him when he decides to hang it up. Even though I've never rooted for him or cared much for him, it's been a fun 20 years for golf.

I'm not going to blow one round out of proportion.

Funny, I think Mike Tyson said the same thing after he lost to Buster Douglas. We know how that worked out.

:-)

With the chipping and pitching scar tissue he has accumulated recently, I seriously doubt he will be able to come up big with either one in a pressure packed situation. OK, I'll call it the yips.

He has not been the same since the Thanksgiving incident. Changing techniques has hindered him as well. Throw in his age and I believe we have seen the end of a dominant career. Maybe he wins another tournament, but never another major. Again, too much scar tissue.

He had his time, a long time, 20+ years, this is not his time anymore.

I saw it with Ali, Tyson, Nicklaus, Mays, Favre, Namath...........................

Time waits for no one.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Note: This thread is 3365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!