IGNORED

damper on east coast golf

tqcishark
Note: This thread is 3349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mother nature says no

Yeah, I think it's going to be much like last year where we don't see an open golf course until late March at the earliest. Not only does this nonsense have to melt, but the ground has to dry out enough that you don't take a bucketful of fairway up with every iron shot. Shame. February remains the only month that I haven't played golf in.

Gotta pray for heavy rain and temperatures on the plus side to beat some of this snow down.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 weeks of 40 plus and some rain and we may just may get some golf in 2nd week of March here on LI. Right now the wind is wicked and temps are frigid.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 weeks of 40 plus and some rain and we may just may get some golf in 2nd week of March here on LI. Right now the wind is wicked and temps are frigid.

Yeah, it's not letting up. No one's even picking up at driving ranges when I call to ask if they're open, haha. Last year they at least tried until they ran out of balls. Now it's too cold to even bother. The only heated one near me, Heartland, never seems to have those heaters on

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

It has been so cold I haven't even attempted to go to Heartland. Been at the PGASs to hit.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

It has been so cold I haven't even attempted to go to Heartland. Been at the PGASs to hit.

Yeah, I demoed a ton of drivers, irons, and hybrids yesterday at Golfsmith while I had some time to kill between doing college interviews for local kids.

Dom's Sticks:

Mother nature says no

Mother nature says that you're simply on the wrong part of the East Coast.... ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My league starts the first week of April.  That would be April 2nd this year.  I don't see how all the snow (frozen solid at this point) will disappear by then.  Especially when we haven't seen a day anywhere CLOSE to normal (38* today) temperatures in a long, long time.

March is going to have to be in the 60s or better to melt the 2 feet of snow and ice by April.

Waaaah ... I don't like cold weather anymore.  Uncle.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Sorry, I don't feel bad for you guys.  Check the northern WI forecast.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

It's been a brutal winter here.  You know it's cold when you get a brain freeze just from breathing.  I can't imagine my home course being playable by its scheduled open date of March 13.  Last year we couldn't get a recordable round in until mid April.

Joe Paradiso

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/80108/damper-on-east-coast-golf#post_1106076"]Sorry, I don't feel bad for you guys.  Check the northern WI forecast.

But you're USED to the 49 hours of summer you get a year.[/quote] Well I can always hope for at least 50, can't I? :)

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Well I can always hope for at least 50, can't I? :)

So many people I know are in Madison and they rave about the beautiful summers there. And I hear you have great golf courses (and the US Open / PGA coming up!). Can't be that bad!

Dom's Sticks:

[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/80108/damper-on-east-coast-golf#post_1106122"] Well I can always hope for at least 50, can't I? :)[/QUOTE] So many people I know are in Madison and they rave about the beautiful summers there. And I hear you have great golf courses (and the US Open / PGA coming up!). Can't be that bad!

They are right. Our summers are great. I can still complain about winter though, can't I?

-Matt-

I've always said that there's nothing wrong with 12 months in Wisconsin.......as long as 6 could be in July, and 6 in October! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

I've always said that there's nothing wrong with 12 months in Wisconsin.......as long as 6 could be in July, and 6 in October!

Thats about right....

-Matt-

Has been very playable in Virginia Beach/Williamsburg area (high 30s-low 50s) until this week. Seems like warming up again in the next few weeks. For all those who don't have to have absolute Florida weather it is 'only' 6-7 hours drive from NY City and probably the closest playable area close to northern states on the east coast!

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 3349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!