IGNORED

EA Sports...Rory's McILroy's PGA TOUR :)

Crim
Note: This thread is 3189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, the "touch of a plumber" is not a good thing. The announcers say that after you miss a putt.

Hey now..... You better hope your plumber has good touch when he is soldering a pipe in your crawl space a couple of inches away from dry wood... :)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wasn't the release of this game delayed at least a couple of times?

I'd venture to guess that EA Sports probably isn't super happy with the ole development team on this one.

So i kept the setting as they were so only playing a few holes per round because it makes it more of a challenge. Won the US Open last night -4 and went to #1 in the world, rounds went like this -5, +1 , +1, -1. Those greens are so crazy even the game would tell me it couldn't read the putt, which made it a real challenge. One hole I made a double bogey after driving it on the green. :bugout: Made me a little more sympathetic for the pros who played there.

They'll have to do a patch for the camera on the zoom. The putting is more difficult on this one, making you actually read break.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I'm enjoying the online play.  Head to Head is interesting, because the tees are really short.  The normal daily/weekly tournaments are fun but I do miss seeing people's shot tracker as they play.  Career mode is a little boring.  I shot -76 for the Web.Com championship and kinda lost interest in keeping it going.  So I mainly do the online stuff.  I'm definitely disappointed with the game overall.  But Ill play it anyway...

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I still think they need to bulldoze Chambers Bay. +10 in the US Open. The greens are so crazy they couldn't get a read on half of them. I hate that course.

Julia

Spoiler

I still think they need to bulldoze Chambers Bay. +10 in the US Open. The greens are so crazy they couldn't get a read on half of them. I hate that course.

You're just not putting it close enough to the hole on your approach shots... :beer:

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

You're just not putting it close enough to the hole on your approach shots...

Ya with the way the putting is set up in this game you really have to put it close on the approaches.

My brother is an absolute demon at spinning his balls to the hole. Try as I might, it's just massive frustration playing the lad. ... Of course, I mop the course with him in real life. Guess I'll let him have it.

My brother is an absolute demon at spinning his balls to the hole. Try as I might, it's just massive frustration playing the lad.

... Of course, I mop the course with him in real life. Guess I'll let him have it.

I mostly use the natural spin.  Just gotta know if the greens are soft or tournament-like.  It's easy to compensate for wind and elevation change.  Natural spin will get you close and a little side spin will control if you need a bit more left or right.

Philip Kohnken, PGA

I mostly use the natural spin.  Just gotta know if the greens are soft or tournament-like.  It's easy to compensate for wind and elevation change.  Natural spin will get you close and a little side spin will control if you need a bit more left or right.

Ya me too plus i feel like if i try to spin it most of the time it turns out worse so just calculate by elevation wind and how firm the greens are plus you get exp from natural spin.

I particularly liked the "undulating" green on one of the holes on a long put where I didn't make it over the hump in the green and it rolled back and I ended up with a longer putt than I had originally - good ol' Chambers. I use natural spin on the ball. One thing, after  seeing that course on TV and again in the game I will never play it. Ever. even though it is in easy driving distance.

Julia

Spoiler

Originally Posted by DrvFrShow View Post

I particularly liked the "undulating" green on one of the holes on a long put where I didn't make it over the hump in the green and it rolled back and I ended up with a longer putt than I had originally - good ol' Chambers. I use natural spin on the ball. One thing, after  seeing that course on TV and again in the game I will never play it. Ever. even though it is in easy driving distance.

I've played it several times, and the greens really aren't as bad as they seem on the game.  I enjoyed it a lot!

Philip Kohnken, PGA

I bought it on release day and have been playing the full 18 hole new tour version or whatever where you cant zoom or control spin.

Its ok. Was expecting it to be a bit better. Not happy with the lack of courses. The game was pretty hard for me at first after I created a golfer. I would say Ive played about 20 rounds and have only made 3-4 cuts. I did win one tournament -13. It kinda leaves me wanting a bit more from the game. Need to try to head to head mode or play online and see how it goes.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Don't know how many of you guys played the TW series of this game but I was gravely disappointed I'm the new Rory version. 90% of the features are gone and there's some stupid gimmick mode added for night golfing, which was also better on the last installment in 2014 (2013). Even if this game were free, I don't see myself playing it. Glad I tested it out before buying it, wouldn't want a $60 drink coaster.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Don't know how many of you guys played the TW series of this game but I was gravely disappointed I'm the new Rory version. 90% of the features are gone and there's some stupid gimmick mode added for night golfing, which was also better on the last installment in 2014 (2013).

Even if this game were free, I don't see myself playing it. Glad I tested it out before buying it, wouldn't want a $60 drink coaster.

I've played almost all of them and I know exactly what you mean, there are a lot of features that have regressed especially in char appearances. What it lacks it makes up for and I'll explain why, in earlier versions if you hit a bad tee shot it was pretty much OB and you'd be like hey I saw Tiger hit a shot from there WTF, whereas now you can hit shots from other fairways, sides of mountains, heck I used another holes tee box for a lay up spot. That's probably the reason that the features were reduced and they don't have as many courses yet. Previous versions were constructed based on individual holes whereas now it's the course and you can use the entire course which is more like actual golf, plus the ball physics pretty realistic.

That is one improvement but I also have The Golf Club and I think going too far down the realism road is a bad thing too, that game is so hard it's almost unplayable. I guess I liked the half way arcade feel of the old TWPGA games.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

I too was disappointed in Rory, mainly with the inability to zoom in the mode I like ... I have downloaded the golf club, but have little time invested. I am sort of reaching the end of Destiny for me, so ready for something to fill the gap ... back in my CoD days,it with was always Tiger Woods golf that got me past ... bummer ... wish I could play the last TW on my PS4

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!